Parks Associates and industry leaders to discuss the expanding energy and home controls market at executive conference in Austin, Texas, February 17-19
Dallas, Texas, February 4, 2014 - Parks Associates will host over 200 executives at the fifth-annual Smart Energy Summit: Engaging the Consumer on February 17-19, at the Four Seasons Hotel, Austin, Texas. The conference highlights the expanding market for energy solutions and home controls and their impact on utilities, service providers, retailers, manufacturers, and consumers. Registration and press passes are available at www.ses2014.com.
"Growth in the adoption rate for Internet-connected thermostats has been impressive, going from 4% in 4Q 2012 to 11% in 4Q 2013," said Stuart Sikes, President, Parks Associates. "Smart home systems and the Internet of Things are now vital aspects of the expanding energy services market, and at the 2014 Smart Energy Summit, we will feature speakers and sponsors from the major smart home platforms, retailers, utilities, and service providers. Comcast will highlight energy management opportunities enabled through its partnership with EcoFactor, while Nest, AT&T, Lowe's, Alarm.com, Time Warner Cable, and iControl Networks, among others, will be speaking. "
2014 Smart Energy Summit Keynotes:
• From Push to Pull: How Nest is Redefining Energy Services - Erik Charlton, VP, Business, Nest
• Connected Homes Power Energy Management - Bill Horrocks, VP, Product Management - Xfinity Home, Comcast
• Leveraging New Approaches and New Technologies in Addressing Utility Challenges - Debbie Kimberly, VP of Distributed Energy Services, Austin Energy
• The API Economy: The impact to consumers and energy management - Stuart Lombard, President and CEO, ecobee
• Partner or Compete: Utility Decisions on Home Energy Management - Kevin Meagher, VP & General Manager, Smart Home, Lowe's
2014 Smart Energy Summit Speakers:
• Artyom Astafurov, CIO, DataArt
• Duncan Bees, Chief Technology and Business Officer, HGI
• David Bercovich, Strategic Communications Consultant, AlertMe
• Scott Burns, Director, Product Innovation, Reliant
• Eric Danziger, VP, Business Development, Genability
• Ted Fagenson, CMO, EcoFactor
• Seth Frader-Thompson, President, EnergyHub
• David Friedman, Co-Founder and CEO, Ayla Networks
• Denis Garman, Category Leader, Energy Management & Information Group, Duke Energy
• Krishan Gupta, Director, Product Management, eMeter, A Siemens Business
• Kevin Hamilton, Senior Director, Product Marketing, Opower
• Kristian Handberg, Principal Consultant, Percepscion
• Anthony Hawkins, Group Product Manager, Landis+Gyr
• Garth Hillman, Secretary, Smart Grid Marketing and Technical Task Groups, Wi-Fi Alliance
• Brent Hodges,SVP, Retail Unit, Tendril
• Fabrice Hoerner, Technical Marketing, Sr. Manager, Qualcomm
• Brian Huey, M2M Business Development - Smart Grid, Sprint
• Joe Jankosky, Director, Intelligent Home Vertical Markets, Time Warner Cable
• V. Rory Jones, President, PlanetEcosystems
• Dave Kaintz, Manager, Programs and Projects, SCE
• Jay Kenny, VP, Marketing, Alarm.com
• Yann Kulp, VP, Strategy and Business Development, EcoBusiness North America, Schneider Electric
• Dan Lieberman, Senior Director, Platform Strategy, SmartThings
• Tim Lott, Director, Energy, Vivint
• Ryan Maley, Director, Strategic Marketing, ZigBee Alliance
• Letha McLaren, VP, Product Management, iControl Networks
• Kevin Meagher, VP & GM, Smart Home, Lowe's
• Dave Oberholzer, Director, Energy Products & Business Development, Earth Networks - WeatherBug
• Duane Paulson, SVP, Linear LLC
• Matt Plante, VP, Sales, Bidgely, Inc.
• Jennifer Pulliam, Director, Products and Innovation, TXU Energy
• Ted Reguly, Director, San Diego Gas and Electric
• Bram Reinders, Director, Alliance Management, CleanTX/Alliander NV
• Edwin Reyes, Director, Utility Markets, SW Region, Comverge
• Bill Scheffler, Director, NA Sales and Business Development, Z-Wave/Sigma Designs
• Alan Shaffer, Deputy GM, Lakeland Electric
• Matthew Smith, Senior Director, Utility Solutions, Silver Spring Networks
• Ken Wacks, Management & Engineering Consultant, Gridwise Architecture Council, U.S. Department of Energy
• Gene Wang, CEO, People Power
• Syed Zaeem Hosain, CTO, Aeris Communications, Inc.
Parks Associates would like to thank the following organizations for their support of the conference: Antenna Systems & Technology, BoogarLists, CABA, CleanTX, EIS Alliance, ESNA, FierceEnergy, FierceSmartGrid, HiddenWires, Home Gateway Initiative, HomePlug Alliance, KXNtoday, LonMark International, Northeast Energy Efficiency Partnerships, OpenADR Alliance, Remote Site & Equipment Management, Smart Grid Interoperability Panel, SmartGridCareers.com, U-SNAP Alliance, UPnP Forum, Wi-Fi Alliance, WSNBuzz.com, and ZigBee Alliance.
Please follow the Smart Energy Summit on Twitter at @SmartEnergySmt and #SES2014.
About Smart Energy Summit
Smart Energy Summit: Engaging the Consumer examines the expanding market for energy solutions and home controls and its impact on utilities, service providers, retailers, manufacturers, and consumers.
At this annual conference, industry leaders, media, and Parks Associates analysts evaluate partnership opportunities, technological and interoperability challenges, strategies for consumer engagement, and deployment plans for energy and management solutions in the connected home.
The summit agenda features executives representing utilities, telecom and security companies, retailers, and OEMs presenting on the state of the market and the emerging consumer and business opportunities.
The fifth-annual Smart Energy Summit will take place February 17-19, 2014, at the Four Seasons in Austin, Texas. www.ses2014.com, www.smartenergysummit2014.com
About Parks Associates
Parks Associates is an internationally recognized market research and consulting company specializing in emerging consumer technology products and services. Founded in 1986, Parks Associates creates research capital for companies ranging from Fortune 500 to small start-ups through market reports, primary studies, consumer research, custom research, workshops, executive conferences, and annual service subscriptions.
The company's expertise includes digital media and platforms, entertainment and gaming, home networks, Internet and television services, digital health, mobile applications and services, support services, consumer apps, advanced advertising, consumer electronics, energy management, and home control systems and security.
Each year, Parks Associates hosts industry webcasts, the CONNECTIONS™ Conference Series, and Smart Energy Summit: Engaging the Consumer.