International Research Firm Announces New Research and Speakers for 2014 Smart Energy Summit, February 17-19
Dallas, Texas, January 15, 2013-New smart energy research from Parks Associates shows U.S. broadband households are adopting energy-saving solutions that could be the foundation for future smart home services and the Internet of Things:
• Roughly 50% own a programmable thermostat, and 11% have a thermostat that can connect to the Internet
• Roughly 20% own an electric or natural gas vehicle
• Roughly 20% own smart lighting or door lock equipment
"CES 2014 had many Internet-connected appliances on display that will contribute to the Internet of Things, and Parks Associates research shows growing consumer interest in these energy-saving solutions," said Tom Kerber, director, research, Home Controls and Energy, Parks Associates. "Smart Energy Summit next month will bring together the biggest names in the industries, including keynotes from Nest, Comcast, Austin Energy, and ecobee, to discuss this growing consumer demand and business solutions for utilities, service providers, retailers, and manufacturers."
The fifth-annual Smart Energy Summit will be held February 17-19, 2014, at the Four Seasons Hotel in Austin, Texas. The executive conference focuses on energy management solutions for consumers. Keynotes:
• Erik Charlton, VP of Business, Nest
• Bill Horrocks, VP, Product Management - Xfinity Home, Comcast
• Debbie Kimberly, VP of Distributed Energy Services, Austin Energy
• Stuart Lombard, President and CEO, ecobee
"I'm looking forward to participating in the Smart Energy Summit," said Bill Horrocks, VP, Product Management - Xfinity Home, Comcast. "The home control market is growing tremendously, and it's being driven by innovative technology, affordability and consumer demand. We are continuing to enhance our Xfinity Home platform so we can give our customers more ways to intelligently manage their homes."
Smart Energy Summit is sponsored by Speed Wire, Alarm.com, Earth Networks - WeatherBug, ecobee, EcoFactor, Lowe's, People Power, Percepscion, PlanetEcosystems, Qualcomm, Z-Wave, AlertMe, Schneider Electric, and Technicolor. Speakers include:
• Scott Burns, Director, Product Innovation, Reliant
• Seth Frader-Thompson, President, EnergyHub
• Denis Garman, Category Leader, Energy Management & Information Group, Duke Energy
• Krishan Gupta, Director Product Management, eMeter, A Siemens Business
• Fabrice Hoerner, Technical Marketing, Sr. Manager, Qualcomm
• Joe Jankosky, Director, Intelligent Home Vertical Markets, Time Warner Cable
• V. Rory Jones, President, PlanetEcosystems
• Dave Kaintz, Manager of Programs and Projects, SCE
• Jay Kenny, Vice President, Marketing, Alarm.com
• Yann Kulp, VP, Strategy and Business Development, EcoBusiness North America, Schneider Electric
• Letha McLaren, VP, Product Management, iControl Networks
• Kevin Meagher, VP, GM, Smart Home, Lowe's
• Jennifer Pulliam, Director, Innovation, TXU
• Ted Reguly, Director, San Diego Gas and Electric
• Edwin Reyes, Director-Utility Markets, SW Region, Comverge
• Bill Scheffler, Director, NA Sales and Business Development, Z-Wave/Sigma Designs
• Ken Wacks, Management & Engineering Consultant, Gridwise Architecture Council, U.S. Department of Energy
• Gene Wang, CEO, People Power
360 View: Energy & American Broadband Households highlights value propositions driving adoption of smart home products and services and the role of energy within this expanding market area. For more information on the new research, please visit www.parksassociates.com.
Information about Smart Energy Summit is available at www.ses2014.com. Press passes for the event are available at http://www.parksassociates.com/ses-presspass. To schedule a meeting with an analyst or speaker, contact Holly Sprague at firstname.lastname@example.org or 720.987.6614.
About Smart Energy Summit
Smart Energy Summit: Engaging the Consumer examines the expanding market for energy solutions and home controls and its impact on utilities, service providers, retailers, manufacturers, and consumers.
At this annual conference, industry leaders, media, and Parks Associates analysts evaluate partnership opportunities, technological and interoperability challenges, strategies for consumer engagement, and deployment plans for energy and management solutions in the connected home.
The summit agenda features executives representing utilities, telecom and security companies, retailers, and OEMs presenting on the state of the market and the emerging consumer and business opportunities.
The fifth-annual Smart Energy Summit will take place February 17-19, 2014, at the Four Seasons in Austin, Texas. www.ses2014.com, www.smartenergysummit2014.com