Sony Music Entertainment and Universal Music Group executives among featured speakers; iTrax and Mytek Digital join as TechZone exhibitors
Arlington, Va., December 13, 2013 -The Consumer Electronics Association (CEA) ® today announced panelists for the Hi-Res Audio Experience conference track and the exhibitor lineup for the related TechZone at the 2014 International CES®. Comprised of three dynamic panel sessions, the track will feature leading experts across the consumer electronics and music industries who will discuss the latest developments in hi-res audio. Owned and produced by CEA, the 2014 CES, the world's gathering place for all who thrive on the business of consumer technologies, will run January 7-10, 2014 in Las Vegas, Nevada.
"The 2014 CES conference program offers exclusive insight into the trends that are shaping technology and culture and the knowledge to become an industry leader," said Karen Chupka, senior vice president, International CES and corporate business strategy, CEA. "The Hi-Res Audio lineup is powerful, with panelists from both major and independent labels. We are thrilled to hear their expert understanding of this game-changing sound quality, and their vision for the future of digital music."
The 2014 CES Hi-Res Audio Experience conference track sessions and speakers include:
Welcome to the Hi-Res Music World, 1-2 p.m. Tuesday, January 7
An inside look at the opportunities and challenges associated with licensing and distributing hi-res recordings; new ways to ingest and archive digital assets; plus the marketing and promotion of these titles.
· Alex Pham, Senior Correspondent, Billboard Magazine
· Mark Piibe, EVP, Global Business Development, Sony Music Entertainment
· Jim Belcher, VP, Technology and Production, Universal Music Group
· Norman Chesky, Co-Founder and President, HD Tracks
· Chad Kassem, Founder and CEO, Acoustic Sounds
· Cookie Marenco, Founder, Blue Coast Music
· Mark Waldrep, Founder and President, iTrax.com
· C. Jared Sacks, Managing Director, Native DSD Music
Meet the Hi-Res Music Creators, 3-4 p.m. Tuesday, January 7
Leading experts will discuss the music creative process, the benefits of recording, mixing and mastering in hi-res audio; their most recent hi-res projects; key characteristics of each hi-res format; and utilizing meta data to enhance the overall music experience.
· Mike Mettler, Founder and Editorial Director, The Sound Bard
· Elliot Scheiner, Producer, Mixer and Engineer, ELS Surround
· Allen Sides, Engineer and Producer, Ocean Way Recording
· John Newton, Founder and President, Soundmirror, Inc.
· C. Jared Sacks, Producer and Engineer, Channel Classics
· David Chesky, Composer, Musician and Producer, Chesky Records
· Cookie Marenco, Founder and Executive Producer, Blue Coast Records
· Mark Waldrep, Founder and President, iTrax.com
Hi-Res Audio for Every Lifestyle, 1-2 p.m. Wednesday, January 8
Examining the variety of hi-res devices that are available today and the challenges related to marketing and promoting these products, including how to demonstrate hi-res audio at retail; different options for bringing hi-res music files into the home; and the best ways to educate and engage young music enthusiasts.
· Joe Palenchar, Senior Editor, TWICE
· Steve Silberman, VP, Development, AudioQuest
· David J. Steven, Managing Director, dCS Ltd.
· Paul Wasek, National Marketing and Product Planning Manager, Onkyo USA
· Owen Kwon, VP, Business Development, iRiver Inc.
· Aaron Levine, Product Marketing Manager, Sony Electronics
· Michal Jurewicz, President, Mytek Digital
A dedicated show floor area will accompany the Hi-Res Audio Experience at the 2014 CES. Located in The Venetian's Bellini Ballroom, the Hi-Res Audio Experience TechZone is anchored by hi-res digital download pioneer and leader HD Tracks and features companies with the latest high-resolution audio content coming to market, including: Acoustic Sounds Super HiRez, AIX Media Group / iTrax, Blue Coast Music, Mytek Digital and Native DSD Music. In addition, many manufacturers will have hi-res products on display in their rooms in the Venetian Tower and in their booths across the CES show floor.
"With music labels expanding their hi-res catalogues and manufacturers introducing new hi-res technology, 2014 is poised to be a big year in bringing the best quality sound to consumers across a wide variety of music genres and CE platforms," noted Chupka. "We are excited that our show can help reflect and fuel this exciting trend."
The 2014 CES will feature 20 market-specific TechZones highlighting innovation across 15 different product categories. Companies interested in exhibiting in the new Hi-Res Audio Experience should contact Kristen Nafziger at knafziger@CE.org or 703-907-7648. For more information on the 2014 International CES, visit CESweb.org.