Advances bring new functionality as well as enhanced efficiency and profitability for integrators
Armonk, NY. September 25, 2013-Autonomic, known for supplying the custom electronics industry with award-winning high performance cloud-based media solutions, will be demonstrating new features of the Mirage Audio System (MAS) at the 2013 CEDIA Booth 3825 in Denver, CO September 26-28. Being demonstrated for the first time at CEDIA, the new features include compatibility with SiriusXM Radio 2.0, Slacker Radio and Gracenote™ as well as a secure Dealer Portal enabling integrators to gain remote access to their customer's Mirage Media Servers for diagnostics and firmware updates without having to send a technician onsite. "The new feature set we are exhibiting at CEDIA will enhance the user experience for our customer base by adding exciting functionality while also giving integrators the ability to provide fast and efficient service via our dealer portal," explained Autonomic CEO Michael de Nigris.
On display at CEDIA, the MAS is a complete distributed audio solution designed to accommodate systems in a broad range of size and price. The MAS is composed of Autonomic's acclaimed Mirage Media Servers together with a choice of two digital amplifiers, two in-wall control options and applications for iOS and Android devices that can be mixed and matched in any configuration depending on system requirements. Autonomic has completely redesigned and enhanced the user experience, seamlessly blending room control with music browsing to create a simple and enjoyable experience. Users can easily group together multiple rooms, select a music program from their local content or from the vast universe of online music available, and then easily control the volume level either across a group of zones or in each room individually. Autonomic's exclusive TuneBridge™ feature allows listeners to effortlessly explore new music across multiple streaming services and local content. When a new song is heard on the radio or SiriusXM, a single button press can jump to the entire album on Rhapsody or create a new Pandora station based on the artist or title.
All Mirage Audio System components have been engineered to work seamlessly together, including new interface options on display at CEDIA. The Autonomic KP-1 in-wall keypad will offer simple and intuitive control of volume, source, and independent zone power, providing convenient local access to these important functions. For more advanced control, the Autonomic KP-iOS is an in-wall keypad mount designed to accommodate the Apple® iPod touch®. Ideal for full control of the system in heavily used zones, the KP-iOS securely affixes an iPod touch® into the wall, providing the ultimate interface solution for the distributed audio system utilizing Autonomic's outstanding Mirage Media Controller iOS app. The Mirage app will operate knowing which zone is native to that keypad. The installer can either lock the device to the Mirage Audio System application, or choose to leave other applications on the iOS device fully operational; extending the functionality of the keypad by providing access to home automation control, weather and news updates, or anything that the user desires. The KP-iOS keeps the iOS device fully charged and powered through a single Cat-5 cable wired back to the amplifier location, and can optionally be powered locally using a DC power supply.
"The Mirage Audio System was engineered to create an array of options for our dealer installers, particularly as they address customers who are seeking audio-only installations," explained Autonomic CEO Michael de Nigris. "Mirage Media Servers have become well known for their cloud compatibility and integration with major control platforms; however these new system solutions are ideal for distributed audio packages in a wide range of budget and magnitude. Integrators will appreciate the efficiency and reliability of products that were designed and engineered to work together," de Nigris concluded.
MSRP for the 4-zone MAS-4 is $4945 and MSRP for the 8-zone MAS-8 is $8350 All Mirage Audio Systems are now shipping to authorized dealers.
New Mirage Media Server Feature Summary:
· Improved browsing hierarchy
· Tune by channel capability
· Added SiriusXM On Demand (http://www.siriusxm.com/ondemand)
· Added SiriusXM favorites (shared with the SiriusXM web player)
· Jump forward and back in the "Live" stream to listen to the previous song again or jump to the start of a show
· New streaming service for Mirage Media Server (http://www.slacker.com/)
· Available in Canada as well as for consumers in the USA
· Free Slacker accounts get access to over 200 expert-programmed stations covering every imaginable genre or mood
· Premium Slacker accounts get access to content on demand much like Rhapsody and Spotify
· Locates and adds high resolution (up to 1080x1080) cover art to tracks missing artwork
· Enhances album art for radio sources such as Pandora and SiriusXM
· Upcoming Firmware will allow you to enhance the Metadata on your existing library to "normalize" artist and album names and retrieve metadata for tracks via a digital fingerprint
Secure Dealer Portal
· Active dealers will be able to see the status of all of their Mirage Media Servers from a single location
· Check online status
· Check firmware version and push firmware without sending technician to each location
· Open a support case quickly with our support team
· Multiple levels of security for each company allowing task delegation
See Autonomic at 2013 CEDIA Booth 3825
Autonomic Controls, Inc. (www.autonomic-controls.com) introduced the world's first cloud-based media server, making audio and video consumption more reliable, easy and fulfilling. Exclusively engineered for control system integration, Autonomic products have become the standard for converging content for multi-room distribution from the most popular sources, such as iTunes, Windows Media, Last.fm, PANDORA® internet radio, Rhapsody®, TuneIn Radio, SiriusXM Internet Radio, Slacker, Napster and Spotify.