1 August 2013 For Immediate Release Lab.gruppen introduces new LUCIA decentralized installation amplifier
Putting power and audio processing exactly where it is required
Putting power and audio processing exactly where it is required, Lab.gruppen has once again redefined expectations and moved into new territory with the launch of its new install dedicated amplifier range, LUCIA.
Addressing the specific needs of the AV contractor market for high quality, localized audio systems, the 2-channel LUCIA (Localized Utility Compact Intelligent Amplification) is a compact and versatile Energy Star compliant Class D amplifier platform, packed with the innovative features and superior sonic performance Lab.gruppen has become renowned for. Designed with speed of install and easy configuration in mind, LUCIA combines cutting edge low-impedance amplifier electronics with advanced DSP in the smallest amplifier the company has ever produced.
For small-scale AV applications where high quality audio is required, without the complication and additional cost of a distributed system with centralized rack-mounted amplification, matrixing and processing, LUCIA offers systems designers a more logical and cost-efficient solution, one that is ideally suited for corporate boardrooms, classrooms and small lecture theatres, museum multi-media areas and retail units.
The range comprises of 4 models across 2 power configurations - 2 x 60 W and 2 x 120 W - each available with either 4-in, 4-out matrix-mixer and configurable DSP features (LUCIA 120/2M, LUCIA 240/2M) or in a basic 2-in 2-out configuration (LUCIA 120/2 and LUCIA 240/2). While all models are equipped with DSP pre-configured 'out of the box' for operation in typical applications, the Matrix variants also facilitate easy setup via USB connection (with Windows and Mac LUCIA configuration software) to unlock the full potential of the processing and mix-matrix to meet specific system requirements.
Featuring classic Lab.gruppen limiters and mastering quality EQ and processing algorithms evolved from TC Electronic's industry leading System 6000, LUCIA is a true synthesis of TC Group's technologies - bringing truly exceptional sonic performance to this type of product for the first time. Among other advanced DSP features, the new Enhanced Bass Profile delivers greatly improved LF performance from standard full-range in-ceiling or surface mount loudspeakers, to the extent that the need for a separate subwoofer may be negated - saving both time and cost.
These intelligent amplifiers also benefit from an Auto Load Sense™ feature, with the device automatically measuring the impedance of a connected loudspeaker load and adjusting itself accordingly to deliver full power, at all impedances (2 - 8 ohm). All LUCIA models also come with intelligent fan control for silent operation at low volumes, and low-noise even at high output when fan is operational.
Klas Dalbjorn, Lab.gruppen's Product Research Manager for Install Products, said: "LUCIA breaks new ground for Lab.gruppen, at the same time drawing on our knowledge and expertise in powerful, energy efficient amplification. Like E Series, LUCIA is Energy Star compliant, and is built upon proven Class D technology. The ease of install, ease of use and relatively low through-life cost make this a very compelling choice in today's marketplace."
Conceivably, each LUCIA model could drive up to 16 speakers on a localized low-impedance system (8 per channel - if the loudspeakers were 16 ohms). Tailor made presets will be available for Tannoy's commercial loudspeaker ranges, along with additional hardware accessories to provide mounting flexibility.
• Max. output power across range of loads - 2 x 60 W (LUCIA 120/2) or 2 x 120 W (LUCIA 240/2) into 8, 4 or 2 ohms
• 4 x 4 mix matrix** - Route internally to amplifier or to line-level outputs
• Comprehensive DSP features - Per channel presets for high-pass filter**, parametric EQ**, multiband compressor, look-ahead limiter
• Configuration Software** - Windows and Mac software wizard for initial set-up, advanced editor for preset configuration (connection via USB)
• Default preset mode - Works out of the box for common applications with no configuration
• GPIO - Remote control (eg. Wall panel) for channel switching, level - integration with paging systems
• Compact form factor - Half-rack, 1U chassis and supplied bracket for discreet on-wall mounting (eg. behind display screens)
• Efficient Class D amplifier - Patent-pending design
• Auto Load Sense™ - Proprietary auto-set VPL™ (Voltage Peak Limiter) for optimum performance with connected load
• Fail-safe operation - Comprehensive short circuit, thermal, and under-voltage protection
• Balanced and unbalanced (RCA) inputs - Connects to any input source
• Universal power supply - Operates at 100 - 240 V AC (50 or 60 Hz)
• ENERGY STAR® compliant - Conforms to green building standards
• Auto standby and wake-up - Standby power consumption less than 1 W
• Intelligent fan control - Silent operation in idle and at lower output levels
• CE, CSA, CCC and PSE approvals - Conforms to building codes worldwide