Platinum Tools(R) Features New Test Kit for VDV MapMaster(tm) 2.0 Length Measurement Voice/Data/Video Tester at 2013 ISC West
Platinum Tools will feature the T129K1 Test Kit at 2013 ISC West, held in Las Vegas, Nev. from April 10-12 at the Sands Expo and Convention Center, booth 4042.
CAMARILLO, Calif., Feb. 7, 2013 - Platinum Tools(R) (www.platinumtools.com), the leader in solutions for the preparation, installation, hand termination and testing of wire and cable, is proud to announce the new complete test kit for the recently updated VDV MapMaster(tm) 2.0 voice, data, and video tester is now shipping. With an MSRP of an affordable $199.95, the T129K1 Test Kit includes the VDV MapMaster™ 2.0 as well as all the accessories required for voice, data, and video testing and mapping in a rugged double-walled, blow molded case. Platinum Tools will feature the T129K1 Test Kit at 2013 ISC West, held in Las Vegas, Nev. from April 10-12 at the Sands Expo and Convention Center, booth 4042.
"The CEPro Best of 2012 award-winning VDV MapMaster™ 2.0 has become popular with technicians in a very short period of time, and now we're able to provide them with additional accessories and a durable carrying case, protecting the equipment when out on a call," explained Lee Sachs, Platinum Tools, Inc. president and general manager. "Made in the USA, the kit includes everything needed in a custom cut out, high density EVA foam to help protect the equipment for years to come."
The T129K1 Test Kit includes:
• VDV MapMaster 2.0
• Case & Foam Insert
• RJ45 #'s 1-12 Remote Set
• Coax F #'s 1-8 Remote Set
• RJ45 Port Saver
• RJ45 to Alligator Clips Cable
• NO-Fault Cable
• F Female to F Female Adapters (set of three)
• BNC Female to F Female Adapter
• BNC Female to F Male Adapter
• 9V Battery
• Instruction Manual
The VDV MapMaster 2.0 now combines cable length measurement with continuity testing, mapping, and tone generator functions into a single unit. Made in the USA, the VDV MapMaster is capable of identifying and mapping 19 locations at one time. Whether the job is commercial or residential, the versatility and added features of the VDV MapMaster 2.0 makes it an installer's best friend.
Length Mode is used to measure the length of entire cables and its pin pairs and allows for viewing and adjusting the length constant value for video, data, and voice cables. The VDV MapMaster tests Cat-6, Cat5e, Cat-5, Cat-4, Cat-3, and coax cables, as well as shielded cables. Video and data cables can be connected to their respective remotes at the same time to improve testing efficiency. Patch cables may be tested without removing the master remote from storage.
With a convenient size and weight of only 6.4in x 2.8in x 1.4in and just 9.0 ounces, additional features of the VDV MapMaster include:
• Tests voice (six wire), data (eight wire), and video (coax)
• Measures the entire length of a cable and/or individual wire pairs within the cable
• Easy-to-read , extra large 7-segment LCD screen with large icons
• Tone generator with selectable tone cadence and selectable pins carrying tone
• RJ (voice and data) master remote stores in bottom of case
• Map 19 locations at one time
• Measures length in feet or meters
• Tests and indicates pins with shorts, opens, reversals miswires and split pairs
• Displays "Pass" icon for correctly wired T568A/B and crossover/uplink
• Displays "Pass" icon for correctly wired 6-pin telephone plus "Rev" for reverse pinned
• Voltage detection warning icon
• Long battery life; low battery icon indicator
• Auto power off
For more information on Platinum Tools and its complete product line, please visit www.platinumtools.com, call (800) 749-5783, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Platinum Tools
Platinum Tools, founded in 1997, was created based upon two very simple objectives. First, develop the absolute best possible solutions for the preparation, installation, and hand termination of wire and cable. Second, implement an operational infrastructure that can deliver these products in an efficient, timely, and high quality manner.
All of our products must absolutely satisfy three critical benchmark criteria…utility of function; quality of function; and economic value. Our people are our company. They, too, must be focused on and work to satisfy three critical benchmark criteria…customer satisfaction; product knowledge and expertise; and willingness to learn and adapt.