Parks Associates' fourth-annual executive conference takes place February 25-27 in San Antonio
Dallas, Texas, September 13, 2012 - International research firm Parks Associates today announced the dates and topics for the fourth-annual Smart Energy Summit: Engaging the Consumer, which examines the convergence of energy, security, and home controls as multiple channels are now competing in the energy services market.
The executive conference, hosted February 25-27, 2013, in San Antonio, Texas, with support from early sponsors EcoFactor, Hitachi, and Qualcomm, will evaluate new partnerships, strategies for consumer engagement, and deployment plans for energy management solutions in the connected home.
More than 75% of U.S. broadband households have a home network, the necessary first step to enabling many new connected home systems and services. With companies as diverse as Comcast, ADT Security, Lowe's, and AT&T now active in this area, adoption of IP connected home management solutions is entering the mass market with pricing and design accessible to middle-income households.
"Given the growing deployment of connected devices, explosion of data, and changes in energy markets, traditional utility approaches to energy-efficiency and demand-response programs are rapidly becoming outdated," said Tom Kerber, Director, Research, Home Controls and Energy, Parks Associates. "Smart Energy Summit covers the converging residential energy space from every angle. Participants meet and hear the perspectives of utilities and security, cable, and telecom service providers as well as appliance manufacturers and technology partners. It is a great opportunity to network and understand the rapidly changing and overlapping market for energy products and services."
• Utility strategies and early successes to engage consumers in energy management
• Consumer mindset toward energy and energy management solutions
• Consumer participation in energy markets and drivers and obstacles affecting adoption
• Integrating and selling security with energy solutions
• The impact of connected appliances
• Partnership opportunities among service providers, utilities, and retailers to expand the market for energy management and residential demand response (DR)
• Utility communication approaches and simplifying partner integration
• Entrance and role of cable and telecom in the energy management space
• Role of cloud-based products and services in energy
For more information or to submit a speaking proposal, visit http://www.smartenergysummit2013.com or call 972-490-1113.
About Smart Energy Summit
Smart Energy Summit: Engaging the Consumer, hosted by Parks Associates, examines the expanding market for energy solutions and home controls and its impact on utilities, service providers, retailers, manufacturers, and consumers.
At this annual conference, Parks Associates analysts, media, and industry leaders evaluate new partnerships, strategies for consumer engagement, and deployment plans for energy and management solutions in the connected home.
The summit agenda features executives representing utilities, telecom and security companies, retailers, and OEMs presenting on the state of the market and the emerging consumer and business opportunities. http://www.smartenergysummit2013.com