Global market research firm seeks top-level speakers to discuss connected home markets and partnership strategies
Dallas, Texas, July 19, 2012 - As registration opens for 2013 International CES, Parks Associates today announced the agenda and call for papers for CONNECTIONS™ Summit at CES, taking place January 8 at 2013 International CES, Las Vegas. The seventh-annual event, which has featured speakers from Verizon, Best Buy, IBM, and Motorola in the past, includes executive sessions moderated by Parks Associates' analysts and focused on innovative business strategies and partnership opportunities for service providers, manufacturers, and technology companies in the connected home.
"Over 70% of U.S. households will have broadband in 2012, which is opening the connected home to new services delivered on smart TVs, tablets, and smartphones," said Stuart Sikes, President, Parks Associates. "These screens are providing online video, digital content, and personalized services but are also enhancing home management, security, and controls. At CONNECTIONS™ Summit, we will discuss the outlook for the connected home in 2013, analyze consumers' complicated relationship with their technology, and address partnership and business strategies for companies to build recurring revenues."
Parks Associates is seeking speakers for the following sessions at CONNECTIONS™ Summit at CES: Business Models and Market Strategies for the Connected Home:
• Connected Home Partnerships: OEMs and Telecom, Security, and Home Control Service Providers
• Second-Screen Experiences and Revenue Opportunities
• Smart TVs and the Future of Entertainment
• New Opportunities in Tech Support Services
• Multiscreen Services: Where Connected CE meets OTT
Each session features new research from Parks Associates tracking the growth of connected devices, consumer demand for new value-added services such as tech support and TV Everywhere, and new revenue streams in advertising:
• 56% of smart TV owners and 50% with an Internet-connectable Blu-ray player have the device connected to the Internet
• A provider can capture 40% of the U.S. broadband household market with a bundle of energy monitoring and home security and monitoring services
• Revenues from U.S. consumer tech support services will exceed $17 billion in 2016, with nearly $7 billion in home computer and networking support
• Online video revenues for transactional rentals, downloads, and subscription services in North America and Western Europe will reach nearly $16 billion in 2015
• 45% of U.S. consumers are comfortable with targeted ads based on their viewing habits
CONNECTIONS™ Summit includes support from Premier Program Members, which include Affinegy, Digitalsmiths, IBM, Irdeto, PacketVideo, Radialpoint, Siemens, and Sigma Designs.
Parks Associates is also hosting CONNECTIONS™ Europe, 13-14 November 2012, in Amsterdam. Visit http://www.parksassociates.com.
ABOUT CONNECTIONS™ Summit at CES
International research firm Parks Associates hosts the seventh-annual CONNECTIONS™ Summit at CES on January 8, 2013, providing attendees with insights from top executives and the leading analysts in the connected home industries. This interactive event focuses on market trends, business models, case studies, and growth opportunities for companies developing products, platforms, and services for the connected consumer. The event concludes with an evening reception for all attendees.