Contact: Nick Phillips, 650-385-8712, email@example.com; Frank Doris / Media Relations, 631-645-5668, firstname.lastname@example.org
Foster City, CA - At ISC West 2012, Pakedge Device & Software is showcasing its K63 Preconfigured, Multi-VLAN, Gigabit Router and Power over Ethernet Switch Kit. The 24-port K63 provides the highest levels of smart home networking performance, along with comprehensive security features and easy installation. Pakedge is exhibiting at ISC West 2012 at Booth 26144 at the Sands Convention Center, Las Vegas, NV (March 28 - 30, 2012).
The K63 includes the Pakedge R6V router, S24P8 24-port gigabit/hybrid Power over Ethernet (PoE) switch and mounting brackets. The K63 provides eight ports of full Power Over Ethernet, making it ideal for use in installations that have a mix of PoE and non-PoE devices. Each of the eight PoE ports can be individually and remotely power cycled.
Victor Pak, President and CEO of Pakedge noted, "The K63 is designed for integrated A/V applications that may have several gigabit PoE devices that require VLAN segmentation and priority in addition to standard VLAN ports. It's the perfect product for a basic VLAN PoE installation; however it is also highly scalable for larger deployments."
The K63 is preconfigured to provide up to six VLANs with Quality of Service (QoS) via its gigabit ports. In addition, the K63 provides four fiber capable ports for longer cable runs and can operate as a fiber hub. The K63 also offers dual WAN (Wide Area Network) ports for ensuring Internet redundancy, and a DMZ port, for easy connection of web servers, ftp servers or gaming consoles without additional configuration.
The K63 enables each device on the network to be prioritized, enabling more efficient network operation, and can accommodate devices such as high-definition IP camera and streaming high-definition video over IP. Devices that require 100 percent smooth communication, for example, audio/video streaming and VoIP phones, can be assigned the highest priorities. For added security, installers can also set up a guest network apart from the main network.
The rack-mountable K63 is designed for easy installation and quiet operation. It comes preconfigured for a wide variety of applications, from basic networks to complex residential systems. Color-coded rear panel jacks facilitate a faster, cleaner installation in an A/V rack without any messy wires protruding from the front. If desired, the VLANs can be easily reprogrammed via any network port, using a laptop or other device.
The Pakedge K63 provides a high level of pro-active security protection against IM/P2P traffic, phishing and pharming, and other threats. Security scanning is done within hardware (ASIC) rather than software, which results in increased network speed. The Pakedge K63 is currently available. Contact email@example.com for pricing.
Pakedge Device & Software creates innovative networking products for people who demand performance, features, and reliability. Our products use the most advanced wireless and networking technology. They are designed for professionals to install and consumers to enjoy. For more information and system specifications, visit www.pakedge.com.
K63 ADDITIONAL KEY FEATURES AND SPECIFICATIONS
• RJ45 connectors for 24 ports
• Enterprise-class firewall
• Five switch ports on router
• Color-coded ports for easy installation
• Managed macrocell Wi-Fi up to four access points
• Comprehensive security protection
• Full complement of switch management options
• LAN/WAN/DMZ interfaces
• Static/dynamic routing
• Network standards compatibility: IEEE 802.3i 10BASE-T; IEEE 802.3u 100BASE-TX, 100BASE-FX; IEEE 802.3ab 1000BASE-T; IEEE 802.3z 1000BASE-X; IEEE 802.3x flow control
• Six pre-configured VLANs including guest network
• Command line interface via console port; web-based management via embedded HTTP server protected with Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) Telnet remote login
• QoS support
• LED indicators for Speed, Link, Activity and Power
• All-steel construction, rack-mount-ready
S24P8 KEY FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
• Eight ports of full gigabit PoE, 16 standard gigabit ports
• Power is throttled/restricted
• Remote power cycle per port
• Future-proof; can handle devices such as high-definition megapixel IP cameras
• Streaming high-definition video over IP
• Four fiber ports: acts as a fiber hub with easy configuration for long distance runs
• Cables connect in the back
• Quiet operation
# # #