Company also announces imminent release of the Clarity Matrix MX46HD, 46" full-HD, LED, LCD video wall system at Integrated Systems Europe 2012 -- ntegrated Systems Europe 2012 Booth #3A82
AMSTERDAM--Planar Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: PLNR), a global leader in digital display technology, unveiled its latest breakthrough in professional 3D visualization and full-HD large format video wall technology at Integrated Systems Europe (ISE) 2012.
"The Clarity Matrix 3D LCD Video Wall System is changing the way we learn and communicate ideas"
Clarity™ Matrix 3D, the industry's thinnest, most visually accurate 3D LCD video wall system, will be the main attraction at Planar's ISE booth (#3A82), demonstrating the technology's many advances, including:
* Stereoscopic Visualization. With advanced optics on the surface of the LCD, the Matrix 3D delivers exceptional 3D visualization, flicker-free images and superior contrast and brightness over a wider viewing area than other 3D technologies.
* Hassle-free glasses. Unlike the active-shutter glasses required to view competing 3D video wall and projection technologies, Clarity Matrix 3D's passive glasses reduce eye strain, weigh less and don't require batteries. They are also significantly less expensive than active-shutter glasses.
* Ultra-thin profile. The Clarity Matrix design features the EasyAxis™ mounting system and off-board electronics that reduce the install depth to a just 3.6 inches/93 mm - a fraction of the space required by rear-projection video walls and none of the room lighting compromises of front projectors.
3D simulation for Professional Labs and Meeting Rooms
The Clarity Matrix 3D's 46-inch LCD panels can be tiled to create large, virtually seamless video walls, ideal for individual or group data visualization, molecular modeling, oil and gas exploration, architectural renderings and broadcast production.
"The Clarity Matrix 3D LCD Video Wall System is changing the way we learn and communicate ideas," said Jason Leigh of the University of Illinois at Chicago's Electronic Visualization Library. The university has used Planar 3D technology to create a 20-foot-long, floor-to-ceiling 3D video wall in a teaching and research facility on campus. "All students and faculty need to do is attach a laptop and put on a pair of inexpensive glasses to gain a whole new perspective on the subject matter they're studying. Sharing and collaborative analysis of images has never been simpler or more enlightening."
John Dixon, Product Manager for Planar Systems, added, "Visualization applications in geosciences, simulation, design engineering, and research facilities continue to drive demand for large-scale 3D displays. The flexible viewing environment, hassle-free glasses and ultra-shallow footprint of Clarity Matrix 3D video wall make it easier and less expensive to incorporate 3D visualization into scientific labs, control rooms, conference centers, and classrooms."
The Clarity Matrix 3D LCD Video Wall System is currently available for purchase through Planar's worldwide network of authorized resellers. For more formation, please visit Stand #3A82 at Integrated Systems Europe, Jan. 31-Feb. 2; or http://www.planarcontrolroom.com/lcd-displays/clarity-matrix/3D.
46" Full-HD Clarity Matrix LCD Video Wall System Shipping in Early 2012
At ISE 2012, Planar will also announce plans to begin shipping a new 46" full-HD, LED video wall system, the Clarity Matrix MX46HD.
Clarity Matrix MX46HD features:
* The thinnest mounting LCD video wall system in the industry.
* The highest pixel density (1920x1080p) available in an LED LCD video wall.
* Ultra-narrow bezel of less than a quarter inch (5.7 mm) image-to-image gap for a virtually seamless image across multiple displays.
* LED backlight for significant power conservation and savings.
The MX46HD delivers all the advantages of the unique and award-winning Clarity Matrix video wall architecture including an integrated mounting system, a mission critical and easy to service off-board components design, and built-in processing capabilities.
Planar Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: PLNR) is a global leader in digital display technology providing premier solutions for the world's most demanding environments. Retailers, educational institutions, government agencies, businesses, utilities and energy firms, and home theater enthusiasts all depend on Planar to provide superior performance when image experience is of the highest importance. Planar solutions are used by the world's leading organizations in applications ranging from digital signage to simulation and from interactive kiosks to large-scale data visualization. Founded in 1983, Planar is headquartered in Oregon, USA, with offices, manufacturing partners, and customers worldwide. For more information, visit http://www.planar.com.