Expanded line of LED-illuminated rear-projection displays offers superior brightness and uniformity along with Indisys Desktop Service integration
AMSTERDAM--Today at Integrated Systems Europe (ISE) 2012, Planar Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:PLNR), a global leader in digital display technology, launched an expanded line-up of rear-projection LED-lit video wall displays that deliver a new industry standard in visual performance.
"The new Clarity LED Series displays and IMS 2.0 software represent Planar's ongoing commitment to helping control room customers optimize their environment and work more productively."
Designed for mission-critical control rooms, the new Clarity™ LED Series displays feature next-generation LED engine technology with enhanced brightness and exceptional uniformity so that the video wall appears more seamless for any control room application, including military, energy, transportation, security and surveillance and visualization. The Clarity LED Series offers a larger range of display sizes and resolutions in order to precisely fit the design requirements of more control rooms. The new displays support all leading image processing solutions and have been optimized to work with Planar's Indisys™ Management Suite (IMS) 2.0, which features the new Indisys Desktop Service for network-based visual collaboration.
"We are pleased to build on our tradition of bringing unique and compelling solutions to the world's most demanding and mission-critical control room environments," said Steve Seminario, senior director of product marketing for Planar Systems. "The new Clarity LED Series displays and IMS 2.0 software represent Planar's ongoing commitment to helping control room customers optimize their environment and work more productively."
Clarity LED Series new features include:
* Increased brightness. The new Clarity LED Series displays are up to 30% brighter than comparable LED-illuminated displays. Advanced LED components and an optimized light engine provide a sharp and vibrant image, even in control rooms with higher ambient light.
* Enhanced color uniformity. Improved light collection and optics deliver excellent color uniformity. Consistency across the full spectrum of colors creates a more seamless and immersive visual experience.
* Broad product line. The new line includes seven models that vary in size and resolution, but share the same advanced architecture and design. New to Planar's line-up is the Clarity c50HD-LED offering a 50" diagonal, high-brightness and full-HD 1920 x 1080 resolution and the Clarity c80RP-LED offering Planar's largest rear-projection display (80") for efficiently creating large-area video walls.
* Planar unique features. The new displays incorporate Planar's unique capabilities like Clarity NaturalColor™ Optimizations for application-specific color spaces and Set it and Forget it™ (SiFi) Auto Color and Brightness for maintaining balanced video walls over time.
IMS 2.0 with Indisys Desktop Service
The new Clarity LED Series displays can be tightly integrated with Indisys Management Suite 2.0 with Indisys Desktop Service (IDS) image processing and collaboration system. IMS 2.0 is the latest-generation Indisys control room image processing release from Planar. IMS 2.0 provides all the traditional benefits of Indisys - scalability, visual performance and reliability - and now incorporates optional IDS for network-based visual collaboration between control room operators.
Indisys Desktop Service provides network-based desktop sharing and control, allowing control room operators to:
* Treat LAN-connected desktops as visual sources.
* Take keyboard, video and mouse (KVM) control of PC sources.
* Share desktop with another user or the video wall.
* All while working seamlessly with Indisys Management Suite software.
Unlike other visual collaboration systems, the Indisys Management Suite 2.0 with Indisys Desktop Service combines secure, high-performance, high-quality video capture with the flexibility and collaborative benefits of network-based communication and control.
Planar Systems Inc. (NASDAQ:PLNR) is a global leader in digital display technology providing premier solutions for the world's most demanding environments. Retailers, educational institutions, government agencies, businesses, utilities and energy firms, and home theater enthusiasts all depend on Planar to provide superior performance when image experience is of the highest importance. Planar solutions are used by the world's leading organizations in applications ranging from digital signage to simulation and from interactive kiosks to large-scale data visualization. Founded in 1983, Planar is headquartered in Oregon, USA, with offices, manufacturing partners, and customers worldwide. For more information, visit http://www.planar.com.