Avid Unveils VENUE SC48 Remote Digital Live Sound System, Stage 48 Remote I/O Box, and VENUE 3 Software
New remote I/O option and software features further enhance the flexibility and power of popular SC48 live sound console
BURLINGTON, Mass.--Avid® (NASDAQ: AVID) today announced the VENUE SC48 Remote System, a compact digital live sound system that delivers the revered sound quality, deep Pro Tools® integration, and direct plug-in support of the award-winning VENUE SC48, now with remote I/O functionality for increased flexibility. Consisting of the SC48 console and new VENUE Stage 48 remote box, Ethernet Snake Card, and VENUE 3 software, the SC48 Remote System is an alternative to the all-in-one SC48, enabling engineers to place the I/O away from the console and closer to sources for optimal sound. And with fully redundant Ethernet AVB snake connectivity (the first in the live sound industry) over inexpensive, lightweight Cat6 cable, engineers get the utmost reliability-without the bulky cable clutter.
With the new VENUE SC48 Remote System, customers can:
• Get the sound, power, and reliability of VENUE in a flexible, compact system
• Gain extensive connection versatility, with 48 inputs and 16 outputs (expandable to 32), customizable between SC48 and up to two Stage 48 remote boxes
• Attain pristine audio quality, as mic preamps can be placed as close to sources as possible, eliminating long analog cable runs
• Get highly reliable transmission through low-latency, open standard Ethernet AVB, delivering fully redundant, all-digital connections through standard Cat6 cable-at distances up to 100 meters
• Record and play back up to 32 channels in Pro Tools (included) with just a FireWire-equipped laptop
• Bring the sound of the studio to any live performance with fully integrated plug-in support-no external cables or computers needed
• Load show files created on any VENUE system-no matter the configuration-for full show file portability
VENUE Stage 48
The Stage 48 remote I/O box will also be available as an add-on option (along with its companion Ethernet Snake Card) to existing SC48 users, enabling them to get more flexibility from their system and:
• Move existing SC48 I/O to Stage 48 for a more cost-effective remote I/O solution
• Get the best possible sound quality with the I/O closer to sources for maximum fidelity
• Increase reliability and reduce cable clutter with fully redundant Ethernet AVB connectivity
• Connect a second Stage 48 to SC48 for more distributed I/O versatility
VENUE 3 Software
The VENUE 3 software upgrade offers VENUE customers many new features, including faster workflows to significantly speed up all aspects of their mixing. SC48 customers will especially benefit, as the software upgrade provides more busses, input processing channels, plug-in slots, and Pro Tools channels than ever. By upgrading, users can:
• Record and play back up to 32 Pro Tools channels (up from 18) over FireWire (SC48 and FWx Option Card users)
• Create bigger mixes with expanded input processing channels in SC48 (increased from 48 to 64) and VENUE Mix Rack (increased from 64 to 80) Systems
• Get HPF settings included in all EQ presets, and when copying/pasting EQ settings
• Quickly configure console layouts by simply dragging and dropping channel strips
• Handle a full stage of monitor mixes with 24 busses available for SC48 (up from 16)
• Expand their creativity with more plug-ins, now with 40 plug-ins slots for SC48 (up from 20)
• Program the Console User button in the Events List to perform common tasks such as tap tempo or recalling a snapshot
"Customers are realizing the benefits of networked I/O solutions and are seeking ever more powerful features in compact mixers," says Sheldon Radford, Avid senior product manager. "With the SC48 Remote System, they get the sound, performance, and reliability VENUE systems are known for, plus the flexibility to split up the I/O and place each distribution where needed for optimal sound. They can customize the system to support up to 48 inputs on stage or distribute the I/O to handle a variety of sources on stage, at FOH, and even another location anywhere in the room."
The VENUE SC48 Remote System, VENUE 3 software upgrade, Stage 48 remote box, and its companion Ethernet Snake Card are all expected to be available worldwide in February 2012.
Avid creates the digital audio and video technology used to make the most listened to, most watched and most loved media in the world-from the most prestigious and award-winning feature films, music recordings, television shows, live concert tours and news broadcasts, to music and movies made at home. Some of Avid's most influential and pioneering solutions include Media Composer®, Pro Tools, Interplay®, ISIS, VENUE, Sibelius®, System 5, and Avid Studio. For more information about Avid solutions and services, visit www.avid.com, Flickr, Twitter and YouTube; connect with Avid on Facebook; or subscribe to Avid Industry Buzz.
© 2012 Avid Technology, Inc. All rights reserved. Product features, specifications, system requirements and availability are subject to change without notice. All prices are MSRP for the U.S. and Canada only and are subject to change without notice. Contact your local Avid office or reseller for prices outside the U.S. and Canada. Avid, the Avid logo, Interplay, ISIS, Media Composer, Pro Tools, and Sibelius are trademarks or registered trademarks of Avid Technology, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries. The Interplay name is used with the permission of the Interplay Entertainment Corp. which bears no responsibility for Avid products. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Mark Williams, 626-610-2513