One Unit Lets Users Monitor, Distribute, Switch, Multiplex, and Converge Video Signals
MONTREAL - - Nov. 15, 2011 - - Matrox Video Products Group today announced that Matrox MC -100, a dual SDI -to -HDMI mini converter that supports a wide range of display resolutions through 3G, Dual Link, HD, and SD -SDI, is now available from Matrox dealers worldwide. Priced at $495 US, this single portable unit can be used as an HD -SDI switcher, a distribution amplifier, a multiplexer, and a 3D processing unit, making it the most versatile mini converter on the market.
"We launched MC -100 to great acclaim at IBC in September, even garnering a TV Technology Europe STAR Award," said Charles Amyot, product manager at Matrox. "Now, rather than purchasing different devices to perform different tasks, broadcast engineers and A/V professionals have a single, affordable, easy -to -use device that meets their diverse needs when it comes to managing SDI signals within their environments - - for monitoring, distributing, switching, multiplexing, and converging 3D. Matrox MC -100 should be in every video professional's toolbox."
Key features of Matrox MC -100
- - Two SDI inputs and two SDI outputs for 3G, Dual Link, HD, and SD
- - HDMI output for monitoring
- - On -screen display controlled by easily accessible hardware buttons for straightforward configuration on HDMI and/or SDI monitors
- - Multiformat SDI signal distribution
- - SDI signal amplification - - 300 meters in SD, 100 meters in HD, 70 meters in 3G
- - Glitch -free switching between two HD -SDI feeds
- - Loss -of -signal switching in case of invalid or lost input signal
- - Multiplexing of two HD -SDI video signals into a single 3G -SDI feed
- - Realtime 3D processing including Horizontal Image Translation (HIT) and vertical offset adjustments
- - Industry -standard 3D analysis modes - - anaglyph, difference, 50/50
- - Comprehensive 3D output format support - - side -by -side, over/under, frame packing (HDMI 1.4a)
- - Video time -base corrector and frame synchronizer for 3D workflows
- - 16 channels of embedded audio on SDI
- - Eight channels of embedded audio on HDMI, selectable between the first and second set of four pairs
- - Synchronization of both SDI inputs
- - Convenient programmable dip switches for user -defined presets
- - Power cord with locking connector
- - Three -year hardware warranty and complimentary telephone support
Price and availability
Priced at $495 US (€399, £349) not including local taxes and delivery, Matrox MC -100 is available now through a worldwide network of authorized dealers.
# # #
Matrox Video Products Group is a technology and market leader in the field of HD and SD digital video hardware and software for accelerated H.264 encoding, realtime editing, audio/video input/output, DVD/Blu -ray authoring, streaming, A/V signal conversion, capture/playout servers, clip/still stores and CGs. Matrox's Emmy award -winning technology powers a full range of content creation and delivery platforms used by broadcasters, post -production facilities, project studios, corporate communicators and videographers worldwide. Founded in 1976, Matrox is a privately held company headquartered in Montreal, Canada. For more information visit www.matrox.com/video.
Matrox is a registered trademark and Matrox MC -100 is a trademark of Matrox Electronic Systems Ltd. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners and are hereby acknowledged.