Latest Service Pack of award-winning software makes it easier than ever to design, estimate, and document integration of low voltage systems
CONCORD, CA - JANUARY 18, 2011 - D -Tools, Inc., the worldwide leader in system integration software, today announced the release of SI5.5 Service Pack 3. The release will be made available to all customers via automatic updates beginning Tuesday January 18th. D -Tools System Integrator is currently used by over 3,000 companies to streamline the design, estimation, and documentation processes associated with the installation and integration of low voltage systems.
SI5.5 SP3 continues D -Tools commitment to deliver powerful sales, design and productivity tools to the AV, IT, and Security System Integration markets. In addition to enhancements and bug fixes, SP3 includes expanded support for the tools that our customers rely on to manage their business. This includes new support for QuickBooks 2011, Outlook 2010 and Visio 2010. In addition, D -Tools is pleased to announce limited support for AutoCAD x64 installations. In combination with third -party Longbow software (purchased separately), SI5.5 SP3 has been tested against current versions of AutoCAD 64 -bit.
SI5.5 SP3 includes the following enhancements:
* Created Date and Modified Date added to Projects Grid
* Grid sort on Projects Grid and Reports Grid works across pages
* Project revisions have description and date created fields
* Projects grid has option to set number of projects to display in each page
* Refresh Projects syncs local projects with server projects
* Login has option to "Remember user and password"
* Data Request and Online Data Library links added to data group
* New built -in report "Proposal (Equipment and Labor)" shows equipment and labor price side by side in proposal report.
* Change Order Reports show added, modified and deleted items separately with appropriate quantities
* Reports Grid - persists settings, loads faster and has option to turn off Scope of work.
* Purchase Order Reports have parameter to not show OFE products
* Print option added to project summary and line item summary
* Duplicate product/package has option to duplicate to same location/zone or multiple location(s)/zone(s)
* Replace Product in projects has option to "Maintain Shape" and "Keep Accessories"
* PDM has option to view discontinued products only.
* Option to prompt for wire length and headend for package wire
* Update to Master - Changes in Category, Manufacturer or Model in product dialog in projects update the correct master product (does not create a new product)
* Text has option to show or hide Product Explorer
* Item List and Sync includes an option to show or hide discontinued products
* Item List has an option to filter only approved items.
A complete list of SP3 features, enhancements and bug fixes is available at http://support.d -tools.com/001SI5.5_SP3_Release_Notes.
About D -Tools, Inc.
D -Tools, founded in 1998 and based in Concord, California, is a worldwide leader in accessible, highly accurate system design and documentation software. The company's flagship product, System Integrator™ (SI), is a total design solution that utilizes Autodesk® AutoCAD and Microsoft® Visio for comprehensive system design, documentation and project management. D -Tools SI allows residential and commercial integrators to streamline their business processes to increase overall revenues while reducing the time and costs associated with the installation and integration of low -voltage systems. Over 3,000 leading companies use D -Tools software to reduce time and costs and streamline the system integration process. D -Tools is the recipient of the Consumer Electronics Association's Mark of Excellence Award (2004, 2005, 2006), National Systems Contractors Association and Sound and Video Contractor's Innovations in Technology for Business Productivity Award (2004, 2005) and CE Pro's High Impact Award for Design Software.
For more information, contact D -Tools at (866) 386 -6571, e -mail at info@d -tools.com or visit D -Tools online at www.d -tools.com.
Marketing & PR Manager
(925) 270 -4111
1 -866 -386 -6571