The essential components required by Corn's Digital to launch a digital menu board solution include simply a TV with VGA port with a Ceres-88 player...This article covers everything you need to know about launching digital menu board solution...
1) What are the essential components required by Corn's digital menu board ? Answer: (a) TV with VGA port, (b) Ceres -88 player
2) Can it display different content on each store ? Answer:
Yes, it's central controlled. We are able to display various content on each store's TV display.
3) Does each store still need one dedicated PC for local storage and operation of digital menu board ? Answer: No, because Ceres -88 is constructed on Sever -Client, Ceres -88 will directly connect to server, it doesn't need to have a dedicated PC in each store.
4) Where to install Ceres -88 player ? Answer: (a) For wall mount TV, player can be fixed on the back of TV, please refer the picture below.
(b) For wall embedded TV, or there is outer case of decoration (example like picture), player can be installed with 5 -15 feet long VGA cable along with TV.
5) Does each store need to modify its internet to accommodate object player ? Is it necessary to get dedicated IP for connection ? Answer: No, not necessary for both. Ceres -88 doesn't use internet IP (external IP), it acts like office PC, will operate with LAN IP, thus Ceres -88 can utilize current available internet of each store, it's not necessary to modify current network.
6) In the case of player shut down or malfunction, will it loose the content by the way ? Answer: Content of each player is stored at server end, so in the case of player shut down or malfunction, it just needs to change with a new player having same ID number, the player will then connect to server and download its content. It's no concern of loosing content or wrong content after all.
7) In case of internet disconnection, will the player still play ? Answer: Yes, it will continue to play the designated content. The content of each player is downloaded from server to player's flash memory for continuous operation, so whenever the internet happens of disconnection, it doesn't affect players' display work.
8) How many players can be connected to server ? Answer: We have different CPU severs. From simple application of 20 -50 sets, medium of 500 sets, up to enterprise level of 5,000 sets can be connected at the same time.
9) Does user need to install any software for digital menu board application ? Answer: No, our interfaces are all web based. As long as the PC can run IE for internet operation, it can control the player or edit the content as designated.
10) What's Corn's software features ? Answer: Corn's text -overlay and multi -zone editing will allow general user to edit their own display content, or change price list. It also supported iPhone, iPad for updating price, schedule…etc.
11) Is there any monthly fee ? Answer: No