Parks Associates addresses over -the -top entertainment services and mobile advertising at Digital Hollywood
Heather Way, Research Analyst, Parks Associates, is moderating the special workshop "Over the Top Entertainment Services for the Retail Space," October 20th.
Dallas, Texas, Oct. 18, 2010 - Heather Way, Research Analyst, Parks Associates, is moderating the special workshop "Over the Top Entertainment Services for the Retail Space," October 20, and the session "Advertising on Tablets and SmartPhones - the Immersive Commerce and Communication Experience," October 21, at Digital Hollywood in Santa Monica, California.
Recent research from Parks Associates:
• 19% of U.S. broadband households are paying to watch TV shows and movies on their PC on a monthly basis, paying on average $4.90 per month.
• 5% of U.S. broadband households are paying to watch TV shows and movies on a connected game console on a monthly basis, paying on average $6.50 per month.
• The number of North American smartphone users will reach 112 million in 2010 and 274 million by 2015.
• Smartphone diffusion in the U.S. will spur growth of advertising revenues in mobile applications to $215 million in 2010.
• By 2014, in -app advertising revenues will top $867 million.
What: "OTT for Retailers - Over the Top Entertainment Services for the Retail Space" takes place Wednesday, October 20, 2:15 -3:30 p.m.
This session, moderated by Heather Way, Research Analyst, Parks Associates, includes the CEO of MOD Systems, EVP of Strategy of Sonic Solutions, and Senior VP of Engineering of PRN.
"Advertising and Commerce Innovation on Tablets and SmartPhones - the Immersive or Location -Based Commerce and Communication Experience" takes place Thursday, October 21, 2:15 -3:15 p.m.
This session addresses new mobile advertising opportunities for tablets and smartphones. Companies participating include mms, JiWire, Geodelic, Mobile Roadie, Phizzle, and Fishlabs.
Where: Digital Hollywood, October 18 -21, is a key entertainment and technology conference.
The Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel
1700 Ocean Avenue, Santa Monica, California, 90401
Press Pass: http://www.digitalhollywood.info/pressregister.html
Interview: To request an interview or additional information, contact Holly Sprague at firstname.lastname@example.org, +1.720.987.6614.
About Parks Associates
Parks Associates is an internationally recognized market research and consulting company specializing in emerging consumer technology products and services. Founded in 1986, Parks Associates creates research capital for companies ranging from Fortune 500 to small start -ups through market reports, primary studies, consumer research, custom research, workshops, executive conferences, and annual service subscriptions.