Digital Projection International announces major enhancements to their robust 3-chip 3D projector lines.
ATLANTA, GA - June 23, 2010 - Digital Projection International,an Emmy® Award -winning manufacturer of high -performance projection systems, announces major enhancements to their robust 3 -chip 3D projector lines. With over 21 distinct 3D models in total, DPI offers both active and passive, full resolution 3D solutions with sufficient lumens, native resolution and contrast to suit any application. No other company has a comparable product line of precise 3D displays.
DPI's 3D products have recently found their way into a diversity of applications, including medical imaging, product design, immersive visualization, theme park entertainment and elite home cinema. Inspired by this multi -market success, DPI's engineers have focused specifically on expanding the performance and capabilities of the 3D product line. After months of preparation, Digital Projection International is proud to announce the following new and enhanced capabilities for both TITAN and LIGHTNING 3D displays:
• MultiBlend - DPI's four side image blend technology. MultiBlend supports the tiling of multiple projectors to create screens of nearly any resolution and aspect ratio. DPI's MultiBlend technology provides an unprecedented 16 bit -per -color gray -scale resolution, ensuring blends are smooth, seamless and invisible. The user interface for adjusting MultiBlend is straightforward, and can be accessed via the on -screen display, or via desktop application.
• Silent Operation - All single and dual -lamp TITAN 3D models have received major enhancements in thermal management. This results in projectors that perform at a fraction of the noise level of the prior models, while actually enhancing the thermal performance of the chassis. As an example, single -lamp TITAN 3D models, which produce up to 5000 lumens, now operate at less than 35 dBA.
• Dual -Pipe Connectivity - 3D sources and formats come in a variety of standards. One, which DPI refers to as "Dual -Pipe," sends the left eye and right eye content down two parallel cables. With this new connectivity, Dual -Pipe sources can now be input directly to the 3D projector.
• Ultra -High Bandwidth capability - The electronics in DP's TITAN and LIGHTNING 3D displays accept sources running at up to 144 Hz with up to 12 bits grayscale resolution per color, and directly display these sources without compromising resolution, grayscale or color.
• On Screen Display for all 3D frame rates - The OSD for the TITAN 3D and LIGHTNING 3D is now visible as an overlay on all 2D and 3D sources - even those running at 120 Hz. This makes optimizing setup for any source easier than ever.
• Dual -Flash Processing for ALL Inputs - DPI's Dual -Flash Processing technology allows 60 Hz 3D sources to be frame doubled and displayed at 120 Hz on screen. The doubled frames are also interleaved to assure smooth presentation with maximum 3D separation and no flicker. The Dual -Flash capability is now available for every input on TITAN and LIGHTNNG 3D projectors.
• Triple -Flash Processing for ALL Inputs - In applications where 1080 -24p 3D content is to be displayed (24 frames for the left eye, 24 frames for the right eye), Triple -Flash is applied. In short, each of the 24 frames of the left and right content are tripled, such that 72 frames per eye, or 144 frames in total, are presented to the screen every second. Triple flash processing assures the smoothest, flicker free presentation of 24P 3D content. The majority of digital projection in commercial cinemas relies on this same triple -flash standard.
• FastFrame for ALL Inputs - Exclusive to DPI, this technology reduces motion artifacts associated with rapidly moving content, such as what may be seen when viewing sporting events, participating in video games or in fast jet simulation. With FastFrame properly set, moving edge sharpness is dramatically enhanced and motion blur reduced, if not eliminated. FastFrame is now available for every input on TITAN and LIGHTNING 3D displays.
• Plug and Play connectivity with the mainstream 3D standards defined in the HDMI 1.4 addendum - As of July 2010, all of DP's TITAN and LIGHTNING 3D systems will offer plug and play connectivity with the 4 primary consumer 3D standards, including "Frame Packed" (3D Blu -ray). Further demonstrating the intelligence of DP's 3D projectors, left eye / right eye sequence will be automatically detected and properly displayed, eliminating the need for frame swapping.
To download high -resolution images, please use the following link: http://www.digitalprojection.com/news/zips/DP_TITANREF_LIGHTNING3D_0610.zip
About Digital Projection International
Founded in 1989, Digital Projection International (DPI) has been instrumental in the development and application of Digital Light Processing™ technology by Texas Instruments for projection systems. DPI introduced the world's first 3 -chip DLP® projector in 1997, and has since delivered expert system engineering and world -class customer services, thus maintaining its position as a digital imaging pioneer.
DPI's groundbreaking projection research and development has garnered the admiration of industry professionals around the world. This has earned the company many awards, including two Emmy® Awards for Outstanding Achievement in Engineering Development by the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences. DPI remains the first and only projector manufacturer to win the coveted award.
Today, DPI manufactures and distributes an extensive line of ultra high -performance 3 -chip and single -chip DLP® projection systems. These projectors are the reference standard for demanding applications such as large -venue, live -event staging, fortune 5000, education, medical and scientific research, command and control, digital cinema, commercial entertainment, worship and elite home cinema.