Leading Whole House Manufacturer Rounds Out Product Categories with New Lighting System Powered by PulseWorx® Universal Powerline Bus Technology
LEXINGTON, KY - ELAN® Home Systems, a leading manufacturer of award -winning Multi -Room audio/video and IP home control systems, announced it is shipping its first embedded home lighting system, ELAN Lighting. The new system seamlessly controls all lighting instruments and electric devices in the home over existing electrical wiring. The system is plug and play using PulseWorx® Gen II Universal Powerline Bus (UPB®) to route control signals over the home's wiring system for fast no -new -wires installations. ELAN Lighting offers Dealers simple stand -alone or add -on solutions for the growing Lighting Control and Energy Management market segments. The announcement was made by Bob Farinelli, President and Chief Technological Officer.
ELAN Lighting is easy to install, meets both retrofit and new construction installations, and is modular so homeowners are never locked into a fixed, expensive, household wiring system. ELAN lighting is upgradeable at any time - in any way - because the system overlays existing wiring. Standard light switches are replaced with the system's UPB -enabled smart switches that inject addressable control signals over the home's electrical system to control any electrical device on the system. Out -of -the -box the system will control any connected load, lighting scenes and dimming functions. That level of control includes basic on/off functions as well as more advanced lighting effects such as time -keyed highlights, fades, incremental light changes and nightlight pathways. The system also adds advanced scheduling and remote access features when paired with the company's current HomeLogic line and future "g!" IP -based controllers. All devices on the system have unique addresses that provide the capability and bandwidth required to handle large projects and MDU applications.
"As a stand -alone system, ELAN Lighting empowers Dealers and homeowners alike," said Mr. Farinelli. "Dealers have a very attractive new selling category with a low entry level cost, high levels of user satisfaction and unlimited expansion. Homeowners have immediate lighting control for security, convenience and effortless energy conservation without the cost of a major, whole house installation. Even at entry -level, a single button -press at a bedside keypad makes it easy to ensure all the lights on the system are turned off at night, while smart dimming reduces energy consumption and increases bulb life. Plus, when combined with our new IP -based g! system, ELAN Lighting can be controlled remotely - even from your iPhone."
ELAN Lighting features a complete line of products to suit a variety of installations. Keypad Controllers, combination Keypad Dimmers, Dimmers, Powerline Interface Modules (PIMs), Control Modules, and active Split Phase Repeaters (SPRs) all feature the PulseWorx Gen II Universal Powerline Bus technology allowing them to communicate over a home's existing electrical wiring.
The Keypad Controllers allow control of single or multiple lights with one button. Each button can be easily programmed to trigger a different scene, control specific lights or all lights in the system turning on and off almost instantly or ramping up or down over as much as an hour. Programming is as easy as tapping a button. The Dimmers replace existing switches in the home with complete direct or remote load control as either a switch or dimmer. The brilliant, combination Keypad Dimmer brings both functions together for use in a single gang box for ease of use and fast installations. The Powerline Interface Modules (PIMs) are serial controllers that connect to either COM or USB ports, and the Control Modules allow remote control of one or more plug -in lamps and appliances. The SPR provides a path for a signal in one leg of a split -phase 220 volt residential system to be repeated on to the second leg in phase at full strength.
Although components can be ordered as needed, ELAN Lighting is available in quick -start four and six zone lighting kits. The keypads and wall switches are pre -programmed with seven basic scenes. Spending less time on programming will allow Dealers to finish installs quickly. Changing the existing scenes is as simple as activating the scene, changing the lighting levels at the wall switches and tapping the scene button on the keypad. The keypads can also receive IR commands to extend control to any learning remote, and are available in seven colors. Also included in these kits are a Passive Phase Coupler and in the Four -Zone Kit a Powerline Interface Module.
ELAN Lighting is shipping now with base systems for adding security to your home or ambiance to a home theater starting at $1000 MSRP. For more information visit www.elanhomesystems.com/lighting.asp
ELAN Lighting In -Wall Dimmers:
• Each unit can be a dimmer, a relay switch or a two -button transmitter depending on its programming
• May be used for stand -alone scene lighting control, or with a controller
• Pre -programmed with 7 preset scenes with a light level to create inviting moods and can be a member of 16 different scenes
• Variable fade rates for rocker switch operation and all scenes can be set between instant -on and one hour
• Programmable on -level with 100 Dimming Steps for elegant scene membership and notification of status
• Auto -off timer allows the unit to turn off after a pre -set time from 1 minute to 4 hours
• Multi -colored LED to show status of load
• May be used in three -way with an RWS remote wall switch
• Adjustable Receive Sensitivity to maximize communication reliability
• Available in 7 colors, except 1500W and 2400W models, which are available in ivory and white only
ELAN Lighting In -Wall Keypad Dimmers:
• Dual -purpose keypad/dimmer fits in a single gang location
• Can be configured to act as a dimmer or switch
• Will control single lights, trigger dramatic scenes and/or send messages to a central controller
• Choose from 16 function modes for each button
• Buttons can be programmed to control direct loads, other single devices or scenes
• Synchronized LED tracking of device and scene status
• Keys are backlit and adjustable to permit comfortable nighttime viewing
• Pre -programmed with 7 preset scenes with a light level to create inviting moods
• Custom engraved keycaps are available
• Available in 7 colors
ELAN Lighting Keypad Controllers:
• Pre -programmed to trigger 6 or 8 preset scenes with inviting light levels to create moods
• LED Presets individually configure which LED indicators will light up or turn off in response to as many as 16 different scenes.
• No lag time - just tap and the command is sent instantly!
• To temporarily lock the keypad to keep children or party guests from using the keypad - press and hold the middle four buttons to enable/disable lockout
• Adjustable LED brightness and backlighting permits nighttime viewing and status
• 6 button models accept IR commands which reproduces the buttons for true remote control from across the room
• Desktop version is simply plugged into your electrical outlet
• Custom keycaps available
About Powerline Control Systems, Inc:
Powerline Control Systems Inc (PCS), a lighting control industry leader, is the producer of PulseWorx lighting control products and the inventor of UPB (Universal Powerline Bus) technology, now an industry standard for lighting control. PCS products are designed to use standard powerlines to communicate control signals without additional wiring, providing customers an affordable, flexible lighting control system. PCS develops, and manufactures reliable, high -quality lighting control products for the residential and industrial/commercial markets. To learn more, visit www.pulseworx.com."
About ELAN Home Systems:
ELAN Home Systems is a leading manufacturer of innovative, award -winning Multi -Room audio/video and IP home control systems. Based in Lexington, Kentucky, the company's systems were the first to integrate audio, video, phones and third -party products to create a seamless, easy -to -use "whole house" experience. With the acquisition of HomeLogic in 2007 the company is the first in the world to offer fully integrated, easy to use, IP system access across all whole house products and platforms as a turn -key, green -friendly, user programmable smart home solution. ELAN products are distributed through a comprehensive channel of select Dealers and Distributors throughout the United States, Canada and 58 countries worldwide. To learn more, visit www.elanhomesystems.com.
ELAN is a trademark of ELAN Home Systems, LLC, Lexington, Kentucky. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
# # #
ATTENTION EDITORS: Hi -resolution photos of the ELAN Lighting Keypad and Switch are available for download via the following link:
PLEASE NOTE - - ELAN's President and Chief Technology Officer, Bob Farinelli, is available for interviews and desk side briefings regarding ELAN Lighting. He is also available to provide expert quotes and bylined articles upon request. To schedule an interview or discuss article options contact Steven Style at 212 -465 -1290 or firstname.lastname@example.org
ELAN Home Systems
t) 859 -422 -7174
f) 859 -422 -7195
The Steven Style Group
New York, NY
t) 212 -465 -1290
f) 212 -465 -1299