XANTECH LAUNCHES NATIONWIDE TRAINING PROGRAM, ADDRESSING HOW CHANGING MARKET CONDITIONS WILL BECOME AN ECONOMIC ADVANTAGE TO CUSTOM SYSTEMS INTEGRATORS
- Xantech's product range will enable integrators to take advantage of new market trends as the housing market recovers, including more efficient whole-house audio over cost-effective Category 5 structured cabling
- National training and certification will be available through September -
SYLMAR, CA, August 3, 2009 - As part of providing unparalleled support for its dealers and integrators, Xantech, a leader in the field of audio/video remote control and distribution for 40 years, announces a new nationwide training program for its DDS Digital Delivery System, going well beyond the technology itself. At a time of significant market shifts, participants will not only have the opportunity to become Xantech "Certified Digital Delivery Specialists," but they will also have acquired significant insight into changes in their markets and how these changes affect business. As the housing market in the U.S. improves, new trends will drive how Americans want audio technology integrated into their homes. Xantech training will give integrators unique insight based on extensive research, ultimately providing them the big picture of the market's future. This in -depth training/educational experience began on July 27th and will go through September in nearly 50 cities nationwide.
Using current research from the Consumer Electronics Association, The National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) and many other sources, Xantech has identified the market and social shifts that will change home entertainment technology moving forward. These include:
- Smaller houses. Average home sizes will decline to a projected 2,300 square feet, down from the nearly 2,500 square feet at the height of the construction boom.
- Wider use of wireless solutions by consumers, who will need to be made aware of the advantages of structured cabling and connection points within the next generation of homes. Studies show that while the percentage of homes with music, home theater and security systems has remained stable even as construction slowed, structured cabling's market penetration has declined.
- Increased cost sensitivity in residential construction, which will require systems integrators to make the case with homebuilders for more affordable and reliable wired solutions often and early in the construction process.
- Home entertainment center trends. Smaller homes and video moving to the wall in the form of LCD and Plasma TV's means a greater need to hide A/V components and wiring. With smaller homes, customers will need to maximize their living space. Installers will need to know the best ways to conceal and control system components over greater distances and deliver precise and simple control to homebuyers.
Using DIGI -5 technology to distribute audio over advanced CAT -5 cabling, Xantech's DDS Digital Delivery System delivers a powerful, cost -effective, high -quality and reliable multi -room audio solution for homes, multiple dwelling unit complexes, offices, businesses, hotels and any other spaces that require effective, efficient multi -zone audio. The system represents a leap forward in the technology of multi -zone residential audio systems, one well suited to the emerging landscape of next -generation homes. DDS is more economical to wire and install, since it uses Category 5 cabling for the longest runs, and speaker wiring only in the room itself, from the keypad. That keypad packs an advanced digital amplifier with three times more power than comparable analog systems, and the all -digital signal chain means that a DDS installation produces purer sound without the noise and distortion built into analog systems.
Xantech's training program brings the DDS together with market trends. This training will produce Certified Digital Delivery Specialists who will be able to communicate and specify not only the DDS' unique MRAV capabilities - including digital amplification, an all -digital signal path from source to amplifier output, and automatic digital EQ and DSP for each zone/room - but also the benefits of structured cabling in general for new -home construction.
"Xantech initiatives such as the training program enable installers to stay on top of these trends, which is important for the future of their business," explains Graham Hallett, Xantech President.
Xantech's Director of Marketing and Business Development Mark Cerasuolo adds, "With this combination of DDS training and market research analysis, Xantech is offering systems integrators valuable knowledge that will boost their earnings potential, both by expanding the market for structured cabling and related MRAV products, and by serving as essential resources for homebuilders and buyers as the market enters new stages of growth."