~ 2008 EH Expo Best of Demo Alley and 2008 CEDIA Manufacturer's Excellence Awards Finalist More than Triples the Contrast in Both "Dark" and "Bright" Environments ~
Austin, Texas - July 1, 2008 - SI (www.sicreens.com) is proud to announce that it will feature its new award -winning Black Diamond™ projector screen at the 2008 CEDIA Expo, held in Denver from Sept. 4 -7 at the Colorado Convention Center, booth 1056. Now shipping, Black Diamond, winner of a "Best of Demo Alley" award during the Electronic House Expo Spring 2008 trade show, has also recently been named a 2008 CEDIA Manufacturer's Excellence Awards Finalist.
"The exclusive technologies in our Black Diamond projector screen represent a breakthrough in picture quality for home theater applications," explained Aaron Reilly, SI CTO. "Black Diamond enhances projector performance by creating the ultimate contrast (blacker blacks, whiter whites) and color accuracy (with added vibrant color delivery) in both 'dark' and 'bright' environments."
SI's new exclusive technology for Black Diamond that will change the home theater landscape delivers dramatically higher picture quality at sharply competitive prices. Black Diamond simultaneously enhances contrast, color saturation, depth of field, and video immersion in both bright and dark environments. This represents a quantum leap forward in combined performance and versatility.
"Since Black Diamond was launched this past spring, we have already garnered a tremendous amount of interest from dealers, installers, and consumers," added Reilly. "When demonstrated, customers can't believe the screen's contrast in both dark and bright rooms…they had never seen anything like it before. Black Diamond is perfect for any home theater application. No more does the customer have to worry about their projector's contrast in order to enjoy industry leading high quality video projector screen performance."
Black Diamond features include:
• Dark Environment; dramatically reduces light scatter, increasing viewer immersion and contrast by minimizing the room washout that exists with standard front projection screens.
- eliminates the need for masking by creating deep black bars when used with
2.35:1 format projection screens
• Bright Environment; allows for viewer use in brighter environments versus standard screen surfaces. For use in applications such as lighted living rooms, game rooms, and theater rooms
• Truly black native screen material color; higher aesthetic appeal when the projector is off - the screen material looks like a flat panel display
• Future compliant with resolutions greater than 2K
• Recommended projectors: all types
• Maximum Seamless Size
- 2.35:1 142 -inch diagonal
- 16:9 113 -inch diagonal
- 4:3 90 -inch diagonal
• Gains available: 0.8
• MSRP: TR100 -inch BD14 - $2,599.00
Siscreens.com on -line product features and tutorials:
• Screen Calculator: http://www.siscreens.com/calculator/getstarted.php
• See the REAL VIDEO difference: http://www.siscreens.com
• Multimedia Gallery available at: http://www.siscreens.com/gallery.html
For more information on Black Diamond and SI Screens, visit the web at www.siscreens.com or call 512 -832 -6939.
SI is a technology -based U.S. projection screen manufacturer focused on delivering "state -of -the -art" performance. Each screen meets extremely tight tolerances and must deliver the stunning visuals we require. SI products address constantly changing consumer demands for performance, value, and visual appeal…each strategically aligned with today's projector trends.
SI exists at the bleeding edge of projection screen technology. A key example of this is the new Black Diamond™ screen. Black Diamond enhances projector performance by creating the ultimate contrast (blacker black, whiter whites) and color accuracy (with added vibrant color delivery) in both light and dark environments. This exclusive SI technology will change the home theater landscape by delivering dramatically higher picture quality at sharply competitive prices. SI's new Screen Wizard will quickly determine which screen gain is right for your environment.
# # #