Black Diamond Simultaneously Enhances Contrast, Color Saturation, Depth of Field, and Video Immersion in Both Bright and Dark Environments
Austin, Texas - April 18, 2008 - SI (www.sicreens.com) is proud to announce that its new award -winning Black Diamond™ projector screen is now shipping. Black Diamond recently won a "Best of Demo Alley" award during the Electronic House Expo Spring 2008 trade show.
"The exclusive technologies in our Black Diamond projector screen represent a breakthrough in picture quality for home theater applications," explained Aaron Reilly, SI CTO. "Black Diamond enhances projector performance by creating the ultimate contrast (blacker blacks, whiter whites) and color accuracy (with added vibrant color delivery) in both 'dark' and 'bright' environments."
SI's new exclusive technology for Black Diamond that will change the home theater landscape delivers dramatically higher picture quality at sharply competitive prices. Black Diamond simultaneously enhances contrast, color saturation, depth of field, and video immersion in both bright and dark environments. This represents a quantum leap forward in combined performance and versatility.
"Since Black Diamond was launched in March, we have already garnered a tremendous amount of interest," added Reilly. "When displayed at EH Expo, customers could not believe the screen's contrast in both dark and bright rooms…they had never seen anything like it before. Black Diamond is perfect for any home theater application. No more does the customer have to worry about their projector's contrast in order to enjoy industry leading high quality video projector screen performance."
Black Diamond features include:
• Dark Environment; dramatically reduces light scatter, increasing viewer immersion and contrast by minimizing the room washout that exists with standard front projection screens
• Bright Environment; allows for viewer use in brighter environments versus standard screen surfaces. For use in applications such as lighted living rooms, game rooms, and theater rooms
• Truly black native screen material color; higher aesthetic appeal when the projector is off - the screen material looks like a flat panel display
• Future compliant with resolutions greater than 2K
• Recommended projectors: all types
• Maximum Seamless Size:
- 2.35:1 133 -inch diagonal
- 16:9 110 -inch diagonal
- 4:3 90 -inch diagonal
• Gains available: 0.8 and 1.4
• MSRP: TR100 -inch BD14 - $2,599.00
Siscreens.com on -line product features and tutorials:
• Screen Calculator: http://www.siscreens.com/calculator/getstarted.php
• See the REAL VIDEO difference: http://www.siscreens.com/videos/
• Multimedia Gallery available at: http://www.siscreens.com/gallery.html
For more information on Black Diamond and SI Screens, visit the web at www.siscreens.com or call 512 -832 -6939.
SI was founded in 2003 and brings a unique perspective to the projection screen industry. The founders of SI came from the world of AV retail and therefore possess a uniquely broad understanding of both consumers' and AV professionals' wants and needs. SI's products are designed to address constantly changing consumer demands for performance, value, and visual appeal, while staying strategically aligned with the trends of today's projectors.
# # #