Control System Manufacturer Launches the T2-B Universal Controller, ZRP-6 Remote Control Processor and Three New System Accessories
SHAKOPEE, Minn. -March 11, 2008 -Remote Technologies Inc. (RTI), the leading control systems manufacturer, has announced the release of the newest additions to its line of control solutions with the launch of the T2 -B Universal Controller and ZRP -6 Remote Control Processor along with the CPB -1 Control Port Connecting Block, PCM -8 Port Control Module and CB -8 Touchpanel Connecting Block. Each of the products, along with RTI's complete offering of innovative, sophisticated and user -friendly control systems, will be on display in the RTI booth (322) at EHX Spring 2008 held March 13 -15 in Orlando, Fla.
T2 -B Universal Controller
Featuring a new, contemporary industrial design, the T2 -B is a recharged version of RTI's award -winning T2+ Universal Controller. Embodying the perfect balance of a customizable, easy -to -read LCD touchscreen display and a revised hard button layout for convenient access to frequently used functions, the T2 -B is an ideal control solution for any media room. The T2 -B also features a new three -way rocker switch, allowing convenient navigation of onscreen guides and music, and extended battery life with its 1200 mAh power source.
While able to function as a stand -alone device, the T2 -B is capable of serving as the heart of a complete control solution when used with other RTI components, allowing RF transmission through walls and cabinets, RS -232 control, contact closures and power sensing.
ZRP -6 Remote Control Processor
The second generation of RTI's ground -breaking RP -6 Remote Control Processor, the ZRP -6 features numerous refinements, including an expanded configuration of control ports, for wiring separate RTI ZigBee® transceivers, sense inputs, voltage trigger outputs and dedicated RS -232. Multiple ZigBee transceivers can be used to gain greater RF transmission coverage for large scale projects, providing the freedom to access and control electronic systems from nearly anywhere. An added Ethernet port allows for remote programming and control of IP addressable devices.
Other New System Accessories:
CPB -1 Control Port Connecting Block
The CPB -1 Control Port Connecting Block gives users the benefit of controlling devices with IR or RS -232 from a touchpanel device without the use of a control processor. Featuring one RS -232 port, two IR mini -jacks and the capability of powering an RTI touchpanel, the CPB -1 is an ideal fit for classrooms and other single room projects.
PCM -8 Port Control Module
Increasing the number of multi -purpose ports available to an RTI control processor by eight, the PCM -8 Port Control Module is the perfect expansion solution for more extensive installations. Separate addresses allow up to ten PCM -8 units to be utilized in one system, offering up to 80 additional multi -purpose ports. When combined with RTI accessory modules, the PCM -8 is capable of delivering IR routing, one -way RS -232 and power sensing.
CB -8 Touchpanel Connecting Block
The CB -8 Touchpanel Connecting Block provides reliable power and control routing for up to eight RTI touchpanels or other RTI devices. The CB -8 also features simplified cabling with the use of RJ45 ports.
T2 -B Key Features:
- Comfortable ergonomic design permits effortless, one -handed operation
- Easy -to -read LCD to display custom buttons, text, graphics and scrolling lists
- Digital matrix touchscreen never needs calibration
- Tilt switch can automatically turn on the backlight when picked up
- Bright, backlit display and keypad
- Three -way rocker switch for scrolling list navigation
- Intuitive layout of keypad buttons for commonly used functions
- Transmits IR and RF
- Optional RF receiver allows you to transmit through walls, cabinets, etc.
- System includes a Lithium -Ion battery and docking station
- Extremely wide IR transmitting frequency range
- Optional 'Voltage' and 'Video' sensing modules to monitor power status of equipment when used with certain RTI processors
- Optional interface for RS -232 controlled equipment when used with certain RTI processors
- Non -volatile Flash memory stores system configuration even when power is not present
- Field upgradeable firmware
- USB Programming
ZRP -8 Key Features:
• Six multi -purpose I/O ports
• Three programmable 12VDC trigger outputs
• Three assignable voltage sense inputs
• Three programmable relay outputs
• Two RS -232 ports for bi -directional communication
• Compatible with RTI ZigBee Transceiver Module for two -way communication
• I/O ports are compatible with industry standard IR emitters, blasters, and repeater systems
• All output ports incorporate both short -circuit and overload protection
• Variable IR output on all ports
• I/O ports support all optional RTI power sensing and communications modules
• Programmable using the Integration Designer™ Software
• Non -volatile Flash memory stores your system configuration even when power is not present
• USB and Ethernet programming
• Input for connection of multiple RF receiver modules
• Field upgradeable firmware
• USB programming
• Remote Technologies Inc. (RTI) has introduced the T2 -B Universal Controller, the ZRP -8 Remote Control Processor, the CPB -1 Control Port Connecting Block, the PCM -8 Port Control Module and the CB -8 Touchpanel Connecting Block.
• Featuring a new, contemporary industrial design, the T2 -B Universal Controller represents a recharged version of RTI's award -winning T2+ Universal Controller.
• The second generation of RTI's ground -breaking RP -6 Remote Control Processor, the ZRP -6 Remote Control Processor features many refinements, including expanded control port configuration.
• The CPB -1 Control Port Connecting Block gives users the benefit of controlling devices with IR or RS232 through a touchpanel without the use of a control processor.
• Increasing the number of multi -purpose ports available to an RTI control processor by eight, the PCM -8 Port Control Module is the expansion solution for a control system.
• The CB -8 Touchpanel Connecting Block provides reliable power and routing control for up to eight RTI touchpanels or devices.
About Remote Technologies Incorporated
Remote Technologies Incorporated (RTI), headquartered in Shakopee, Minnesota, is the leading manufacturer of innovative, sophisticated and user -friendly control systems. RTI's wide array of elegant hardware and software solutions are marketed exclusively through the custom installation channel.
RTI was founded in 1992 with a committed focus on the custom installation market. This unwavering commitment was expanded and formalized in March 2007 with RTI's Committed to Custom (C2CTM) initiative which includes expanded tech support hours, enhanced training through both its Advanced Control University (ACU) and in the field. The C2C orientation will inform and shape every aspect of RTI's continued evolution. C2C highlights RTI's dedication to the custom installation market, making it the leader in creating wireless hardware and software control solutions that effectively address the challenges facing electronic systems installers and integrators.
RTI's belief in offering its products exclusively through custom dealers and trained professional integrators is a guiding passion, centered on the customization of any size home theater or other electronic system. The company's design philosophy emphasizes an intuitive and enjoyable experience in using its award -winning products, from its universal system controllers to signal storage and processing devices and PC programming software.
For additional information on RTI and all its innovative products please visit www.rticorp.com
# # #