Xantech's XOD Series Features Weather-Resistant Construction
Sylmar, Calif. - December 20, 2007 - Xantech Corporation, a leading producer of innovative, reliable and problem -solving custom installation distribution products, has expanded its speaker line to include the XOD Series Outdoor Speakers the company announced today.
Featuring weather -resistant construction, The XOD Series comes with a locking and pivoting bracket that allows it to blend into any environment while making installation fast and simple. The XOD Series' smooth and sleek design reduces dust and dirt buildup, thus preserving its overall look and performance. The XOD series is available in 6.5" and in a white finish.
"The XOD Series is our first foray into the outdoor speaker category," said Graham Hallett, president. "We wanted our customers to be able to enjoy the exceptional sound and design quality inherent in our indoor speakers in the outdoors. The result is a versatile speaker that produces outstanding sound and can withstand the elements thanks to state -of -the -art, weather -resistant features."
The XOD Series' rust -proof aluminum grill is securely attached with commercial grade adhesives that protect the audio drivers from the elements. The ported design allows for a lower frequency and comes with a harsh -environment plug that will withstand rough conditions. In addition, the XOD Series comes equipped with premium gold -plated wire posts that were specifically designed to withstand harsh outdoor elements. The gold is corrosion -resistant and will maintain a reliable connection throughout years of use. The 5 -way binding posts are knurled to help make installation quick and maintenance free.
As is the case with Xantech's entire speaker line, the XOD Series is designed to deliver the ultimate in value and performance with perfected sound quality able to please even the most discerning listener.
The XOD Series' audio tones are accurately reproduced using a 2 -way speaker design composed of a Teteron dome tweeter and an injection molded graphite (IMG) woofer. Constructed with an advance neodymium magnet, the woofer features a large voice coil which allows responsive performance and loud, tight bass when the user demands it.
Xantech offers a variety of speaker options across a full spectrum of price points, from the premium, XTC Reference series, to the mid -budget XTC, and finally to the economical XC line of speakers.
6.5" XOD OUTDOOR SPEAKER PAIR
White - XOD65W
• Driver Size: 6.5" Woofer/28mm Tweeter
• Recommended Amplifier Power: 10 -120 Watts
• Frequency Response: 55Hz -20kHz
• Impedance: 8 ohm
• Sensitivity (1Watt/1Meter): 90 dB
• Overall Dimensions: 8.5" W x 12" H x 7.5"L
In Brief: Release Summary
• Xantech has introduced the XOD Series Outdoor Speakers to its growing speaker line.
• The XOD Series features weather -resistant construction including rust -proof aluminum grills, and hi fi features such as gold plated 5 -way binding posts.
• The XOD Series comes with a pivotal no -look mounting bracket that lets it blend into any environment and makes installation fast and simple.
• The XOD Series is available in 6.5" and in a white finish.