Multizone receiver integrates seamlessly with high-definition video switcher and local TV controller to provide premium multizone audio/video distribution system
MIAMI, FLORIDA - September 6, 2007 - Niles Audio Corporation, The First Name in Custom Installation®, today announced the introduction of the new ZR -PRO MultiZone Receiver, a six -source, six -zone whole house audio receiver targeted for premium distributed audio/video installations. The ZR -PRO features a built -in HD Radio™ tuner, iPOD® input with pre -loaded iPOD commands and subsystem integration capabilities for managing distributed high definition video, media servers and lighting control systems. The receiver ships with rack mount ears, an advanced 60 Watts per zone (30 Watts per channel) digital amplifier that is capable of driving two pairs of 8 Ohm loudspeakers in each zone and supports a variety of keypad options. To control the system, customers can choose from several elegant, intuitive user interfaces: the Solo® -6 PRO ($199.95), a single -gang keypad that provides "one touch to entertainment"; the Solo -6 MD ($299.95), a single -gang keypad with metadata display; and the TS PRO ($799.95), a 3.5" color touch screen. Both keypads are weather resistant and can be located in moist areas like showers, spas and outdoors. All user interfaces incorporate built -in interference resistant infrared (IR) sensors for additional control from third party hand held remotes. ZR -PRO network system architecture enables it to integrate seamlessly with Niles' VS -6 high definition video switcher and IRG local television automation controller to provide a complete distributed audio/video system.
"Niles' new ZR -PRO, VS -6 / IRG combination is the ideal multizone distributed audio/video system," said Frank Sterns, president of Niles. "The ZR -PRO gives Niles dealers the ability to provide their customers with one touch to entertainment," Sterns added.
A ZR -PRO MultiZone System has the added advantage of being simple to set up and install by custom installation professionals. The receiver and keypads are network -based and programmed easily via Niles QuickConfig™ wizard -based PC software. During system configuration, the installer answers a series of logical questions after which the system is automatically configured, and programming is transferred to the ZR -PRO, user interfaces and all connected network devices; which could include the VS -6 video switcher, IRG controllers and an RS232 gateway to control media servers and lighting systems.
Additional Niles advantages and specifications:
• System expands to 30 zones via additional ZR -PRO Receivers
• QuickConfig™ Wizard -based software provides quick and accurate system configuration
• Plug -and -play iPOD integration provides simplified connection and operation
• RS232 and discrete IR control for each of the six zones provides seamless integration with third -party remote control systems
• Preamplifier outputs and a 12V trigger make it easy to add additional power with Niles Systems Integration Amplifiers
• Paging input accommodates voice announcements from a telephone and/or doorbell tones from the Niles DBI -1 Interface
• Two -year limited warranty
• Niles introduces new ZR -PRO six -source, six -zone multizone receiver
• ZR -PRO is network -based to integrate with high definition video switcher and local television controller and provide "one touch to entertainment" solution
• The ZR -PRO features built -in HD Radio tuner and plug -and -play iPod integration
• The ZR -PRO is quick to install and easy to program via Niles QuickConfig wizard -based software
• The ZR -PRO accommodates weather resistant keypads, with and without metadata displays, and a color touch screen user interface
• The ZR -PRO features advanced digital amplification delivering 60 Watts per zone
• The ZR -PRO has a two -year limited warranty
Miami -based Niles Audio Corporation is a 30 -year -old company recognized as the First Name in Custom Installation®. The company is a leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of audio/video custom installation products and accessories and is guided by its vision to be the world's leading provider of products and services that enable professional custom installers to design and install systems that delight their customers. To that end, Niles pursues a mission to provide solutions for end users which enable simple and easy access to home entertainment and that integrate seamlessly with other low voltage subsystems like lighting, internet, security and HVAC in residential and light commercial environments. Niles conducts its business with a promise to treat its customers, employees, suppliers and stakeholders with fairness and respect and to foster teamwork, innovation and a commitment to be the best in everything it does.
Additional information may be obtained by contacting Mike Detmer at Niles Audio Corporation, 12331 SW 130th Street, Miami, FL 33186 (1 -800 -BUY -HIFI; ext. 197) or by visiting www.nilesaudio.com.