First TVs from New VTV Division Bring Modern Sophistication to Any Room in the Home
LAS VEGAS, Jan. 7, 2008 - ViewSonic® Corp. announced today the first high -definition LCD televisions to be introduced from its newly formed VTV division, which leverages the company's heritage as a leader in the desktop computer display market to deliver leading -edge technology, performance and value in the highly competitive TV market. The introduction of the new 30 Series and 90 Series NextVision® LCD TVs brings an updated, sleek design with high -quality color and crisp imaging to meet the design and front -of -screen performance needs of viewers in any room.
30 Series - Ideal for Small Living Spaces
The widescreen 30 Series, which includes the 15.6 -inch N1630w, 19 -inch N1930w and 22 -inch N2230w, is ideal for consumers seeking dual purpose HDTV/PC displays for smaller living spaces such as the kitchen, office, den or RV. In addition to the new, stylized glossy black bezel, the LCDs deliver high -definition digital video content through an integrated ATSC/NTSC/QAM TV tuner, and comprehensive inputs including component video "S," composite video and a DVI -compatible HDMI port. The N1930w and N2230w also feature super HD panel resolution, delivering up to 68 percent more pixel performance than traditional high definition LCD TV resolution.
Additional features of the TVs include:
• The N1630w features 1366x768 resolution, a 16:9 aspect ratio, 8ms response time for fast -moving images and video games. It is also compatible with PC mode up to 1360x768 resolution.
• The N1930w boasts super HD 1440x900 resolution, 23 percent more pixels than traditional LCD TV panels, a true 16:10 aspect ratio, fast 5ms response time and compatibility with PC mode up to its native resolution. It also features 2400:1 dynamic contrast ratio (typ) and 300 nits of brightness (typ) for rich, vibrant color.
• The N2230w boasts super HD 1680x1050 resolution, 68 percent more pixels than traditional LCD TV's panels, fast 5ms response time and 2400:1 dynamic contrast ratio (typ).
90 Series - Large Screen for a Bigger Scene
For consumers looking for a stylish large screen with high -end luxury features, the 90 Series LCD TVs offer a sleek, glossy finish to complement the décor of today's contemporary homes. The 90 Series includes the 26 -inch N2690w, 32 -inch N3290w, 42 -inch N4290w, 47 -inch N4790w and 52 -inch N5290w, which are just the right size for home theatres and living rooms. All five of the TVs feature built in ATSC/NTSC/QAM TV tuner and precision 3D comb filter with motion adaptive de -interlacing, HDMI 1.3 and digital noise reduction to deliver consistent, high -quality digital video pictures. In addition, the 90 Series TVs up to 47 -inchs feature a swivel base so the screen can be easily adjusted and viewable from more angles. Additional key specifications of the TVs include:
• The N2690w features 1366x768 resolution, 800:1 contrast ratio (typ), and fast 8ms response time for displaying high -action visuals.
• The N3290w features three HDMI inputs - two in the back and one on the side for user convenience - combined with a fast 6.5ms response time panel and 1500:1 contrast ratio (typ) for rich colors and vivid graphics.
• The N4290w delivers true 1080p resolution, 1500:1 contrast ratio (typ) and 6.5ms response time. This TV also boasts three, conveniently located HDMI 1.3 inputs, allowing for greater, high -quality connectivity to peripherals such as cable inputs and video gaming systems.
• The N4790w and N5290w also deliver true 1080p resolution and three HDMI 1.3 inputs with a larger screen sizes.
The N1930w and N2230w will be available in March; the N1630w and N3290w will be available in April; and the N2690w, N4290w, N4790w and N5290w will be available in May. The new LCD TVs will have estimated street prices ranging from $249 to $2,499, and will be sold through authorized ViewSonic retailers, resellers, distributors and mail order outlets. ViewSonic NextVision® LCD TVs are backed by a one -year limited warranty on parts, labor. Optional two -year or three -year extended warranties are also available. ViewSonic offers toll -free technical support, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, excluding major U.S. holidays. For more information and images of ViewSonic LCD TVs, or to locate an authorized ViewSonic dealer, visit www.ViewSonic.com or call 800.888.8583.