New Web-Intelligent Controller Ideal for Classrooms, Conference Rooms, Auditoriums and Houses of Worship
Sylmar, Calif. - September 27, 2007 - Xantech Commercial, a division of Xantech Corporation, pioneer of room control and distributed AV technology, has introduced a new product designed to simplify and streamline room control and integration installations, while making operation simpler than ever for the end user. The Commercial Room Monitor - Web Intelligent Controller, or CRMWIC, is a stand -alone room controller which acts as the 'glue' between RS232 devices and the Commercial CSPLCD TouchPanel displays.
The Web Intelligent Controller comes with two RS232 ports (configurable for RS422 and RS485) and a single IP port. The event manager is capable of timed events, calendar events, telnet and serial events. The controller can also act as a full FTP site, Web server and e -mail server.
"Xantech has always been about providing the best integrating solutions for the single room and building," says Rick Seegull, Xantech's director of business development. "Demand was overwhelming for a single -room control unit that provides solutions, rather than additional challenges, to the installer. By combining the 'smart' features of the CRMWIC and the trademark Xantech reliability, we've developed that solution."
Intelligence is key
Additionally, the CRMWIC can be used as a tremendously effective controller for a presentation system. For example, the CRMWIC can automatically turn the projector off at a certain time, preserving valuable bulb life - and can even check bulb life, and, if low, automatically send an e -mail to the IT or AV specialist responsible to order a replacement!
"The key word here is 'intelligent,'" said Seegull. "When properly employed, the CRMWIC is almost like having an extra person."
When interfaced with the CSPLCD Commercial TouchPanel Display, the Web -Intelligent Controller can send messages back to the TouchPanel allowing for Text Display, Numeric Display, Volume and Indicator bars, ON/OFF indicators and many more practical features for full real -time data display. The IP port allows each room to be accessible on the facility's IP network for status display, remote centralized control and diagnostics.
• The CRMWIC is designed specifically for classrooms, conference rooms, auditoriums and houses of worship.
• Ideal for remote control of distance learning classrooms and training rooms from a central location.
• Manages and automates presentations, including event trigger of multiple simultaneous actions.
• Provides feedback from virtually any serial or IP (telnet) device back to any Xantech LCD touch panel.
• Built in Event Manager with intuitive interface to simplify and automate self -programming.
• Built -in System Diagnostics via Web Page.
• Uses WEB Standard Programming Languages and off -the -shelf WEB authoring tools to develop dynamic control interface screens.
• Can be used on its own or in conjunction with CSPLCD TouchPanel controllers.
• Internal clock/calendar.
• Control for classrooms, conference rooms and houses of worship.
• Supports auto e -mail notification for service and support.
• FTP server supports file storage and backup.
• Weighs well under one pound.
• 32M RAM, 8M Flash memory.
• 32 -bit processor.
• 1 x 10/100 LAN (RJ -45/Ethernet) port, 2 x 2 -way RS232/422/485 (male DB9) ports.
In Brief: Release Summary
• Xantech introduces the CRMWIC - the Commercial Room Monitor - Web -Intelligent Controller.
• The CRMWIC is ideal for classrooms, presentation rooms, boardrooms, auditoriums and houses of worship.
• Supports Web -based room control, both in the building and remotely via IP.
• Built -in calendar, clock and system for event -triggered actions.
• Contains two RS232 ports, configurable to RS422 and RS 485.
• Fully programmable and Web -enabled, with FTP functionality.
About Xantech Corporation
Established in 1969, Xantech Corporation (www.xantech.com) designs and manufactures an extensive range of state of the art A/V Distribution and Control Systems, and Component Products, many of which have become the de facto industry standards. Since 1969, over two million of these systems have been installed worldwide.
The Xantech product line includes LCD Touchpanel Controllers, Multi -Zone, Multi -Source Audio/Video Systems, Multi -Zone, Multi -Source Pre -amplifiers, Multi -Channel Audio Amplifiers, Infrared Receivers, Remote Control Switchers, Interface Modules, IR Connecting Blocks, IR Emitters, Volume Controls and IR Accessories. Products are sold to Professional Installers and Distributors directly from Xantech.
Xantech's products are marketed in North and South America, Australia, New Zealand, Asia and Europe. Xantech is a subsidiary of Nortek, Inc. (www.nortek -inc.com), a multinational manufacture and distributor of building products for residential and commercial markets. Nortek, established in 1967, is headquartered in Providence, Rhode Island.
For additional information about Xantech and its innovative products, please visit www.xantech.com.