New Digital Component Audio Systems Deliver Big Sound from Small Package
MARLBORO, NJ - September 25, 2007 - KEF, renowned British manufacturer of audiophile -quality speakers, announces the release of the all new PicoForte™ Series, two extraordinarily compact iPod solutions, each featuring a docking station, amplification module, and a pair of award -winning KHT Series speakers. Designed as a high -quality, no -compromise alternative to the low fidelity speakers and headphones through which iPods are all -too -frequently played, the PicoForte systems combine the advantages of the iPod source with the superb sound quality for which KEF is so widely admired.
"We've taken the lessons learned in our 45 innovative years of award -winning high -end loudspeaker design, including our patented, breakthrough Uni -Q® speaker technology and applied them to the new KEF PicoForte systems," said Alec Chanin, president of KEF America. "The result is two beautiful, compact component audio systems that couple the iPod's ubiquity and convenience with legendary KEF audio quality."
The PicoForte systems consist of a docking and amplifier module and two separate speakers to enhance performance and flexibility. Two systems are available: the PicoForte 1 and the PicoForte 3. The PicoForte 1 includes a pair of KEF's new KHT1005.2 speakers that, while remarkably compact, are nonetheless capable of full -range frequency response and room -filling sound. The PicoForte 3 includes a pair of the award -winning KEF KHT3005 speakers, which although still modestly sized and easy to accommodate, provide even deeper bass response and the ability to fill the largest living spaces with breathtaking music. And of course, both the KHT1005.2 and KHT3005 speakers produce the full, rich, detailed sound and superb dispersion and imaging characteristics for which KEF is renowned.
Both the PicoForte1 and PicoForte3 are complete, simple -to -set -up stereo systems that give users everything they need to experience true, lush digital sound. Featuring KEF's Uni -Q® "sit -anywhere" technology, allowing listeners to enjoy the same rich stereo image from anywhere in the room, the PicoForte systems are compatible with every currently available iPod as well as include a 3.5mm audio jack for use with all non -Apple MP3 players. Both systems also include a connection for an optional subwoofer as well as an S -Video connection for displaying song titles (in a wide range of supported languages) or even playing movies when connected to video capable iPods.
As people have come to expect from KEF, the stunning sound quality of the PicoForte is matched only by its equally lovely aesthetic design. Extraordinarily compact ¯with the docking/amplification modules having a miniscule 4" x 3.3" footprint ¯ everything from the uncluttered face to the gracefully curved edges to the distinctively -shaped oval speakers bespeaks a clean, simple elegance that is uniquely KEF. Both the docking/amplifier units and the speakers are constructed of satisfyingly -solid die -cast zinc and are perfectly finished in a choice of high gloss black or high gloss white to match iPod choices.
The KEF PicoForte 1 and PicoForte 3 are scheduled for release in September of 2007 at a retail price of $349.99 and $599.99 respectively.
KEF PicoForte™ - Key Features
• Die -cast metal loudspeaker enclosures not only have a superb, high quality feel, but are also acoustically inert resulting in superior performance
• Powerful, audiophile quality, class D amplifiers
• Uni -Q "sit -anywhere" speaker technology
• Compatible with all iPods and all other MP3 players
• Supplied with "credit card" style remote control, which fully controls the iPod.
• Robust die -cast zinc docking/amplifier enclosures
• Full TV screen display
• Compact size
• Output for optional subwoofer
• iPod adaptors included
• Plays music, photos and videos
• Multiple language support
• KEF announces the release of two all new PicoForte digital component audio systems that feature advanced technology and a strikingly elegant design.
• KEF's PicoForte is a complete stereo sound system that gives the user everything they need to experience true digital sound.
• The PicoForte1 comes with KEF's new KHT1005.2 loudspeakers
• The PicoForte3 comes with KEF's award -winning KHT3005 loudspeakers
• KEF's PicoForte is compatible with all current iPods as well as all non -Apple mp3 players.
• Available in High Gloss Black or High Gloss White
• KEF's PicoForte is offered in two models, the PicoForte™ 1 and the PicoForte™ 3.
• KEF's PicoForte is simple to set up, while separate speakers provide flexibility and enhance performance.
• Available in September, PicoForte 1 MSRP: $349.99 and PicoForte 3 MSRP: $599.99.
About KEF Audio
KEF Audio, a division of GP Acoustics, is a UK -based company that has earned a reputation as the premier manufacturer of stunning, audiophile -quality speakers for modern home theater, hi -fi and custom installation applications. KEF products, distributed around the world, have won awards on both sides of the Atlantic. KEF is a brand name long associated with style, quality and technical innovation.
Founded in 1961 by a British electrical engineer named Raymond Cooke on the banks of the River Medway, KEF is driven by a passionate belief in the power of innovation and quality. Still occupying the same riverbank site, KEF remains passionate about its patented, proven technologies such as Uni -Q® and ACE®. These characteristics, traditions and, above all, quality, secure KEF's reputation as a world class manufacturer of the best speakers in the world.
About KEF America, Inc.
KEF America, a division of KEF Audio, offers loyal North American audiophiles a line of innovative speakers and components unmatched in the industry for quality and innovation. Headquartered in Marlboro, New Jersey, KEF America shares the same guiding principles as its British counterpart: ground -breaking design, exceptional sound and an unshakeable commitment to excellence.