Harman Kardon, Inc., is showcasing its CP 65, CP 60 and CP 55 system solutions, complete high-performance home theater packages built around the brand's AVR 347, AVR 247 and AVR 146 audio/video receivers.
6 September 2007
WOODBURY, NY - At CEDIA Expo 2007, Harman Kardon, Inc., is showcasing its CP 65, CP 60 and CP 55 system solutions, complete high -performance home theater packages built around the brand's AVR 347, AVR 247 and AVR 146 audio/video receivers. All three systems include a DVD player, 5.1 -channel loudspeaker system, unified system remote control, and cables and accessories. These systems combine ease of operation with exceptional audio and video performance, advanced features, and distinctively elegant black -and -silver styling.
Paul Bente, president of the Home Products Division of the Harman Consumer Group, points out: "At Harman Kardon, making home entertainment easy and accessible for consumers has always been a top priority. Our CP Series systems exemplify our design approach - they deliver spectacular
picture and sound quality, yet are simple to use, and all the components in each system work together seamlessly. They are stunning in appearance as well, with the unique visual appeal that distinguishes every Harman Kardon product."
CP Series Systems: Exceptional Performance, Features and Versatility
The receivers incorporate a host of advanced features and capabilities to offer best -in -class performance and flexibility. The 7.1 -channel AVR 347 and AVR 247 include DCDi® by Faroudja technology, which provides video processing and scaling up to 720p to deliver extraordinary video playback quality from their HDMI™ or component video outputs. In addition, the AVR 347 and AVR 247 feature audio processing and signal -repeater functionality via their HDMI outputs. All three receivers are capable of passing high -definition video signals up to 1080p through their multiple HDMI or component video connections.
The receivers offer a host of additional advanced features, including the company's proprietary EzSet/EQ automated room equalization and system calibration to simplify system setup (AVR 347 and AVR 247; upgraded EzSet remote included in CP 55 system for speaker -level calibration); XM® Satellite Radio* and multiroom -audio capability (AVR 347 and AVR 247); sophisticated Quadruple - or Triple -Crossover Bass -Management Systems; high -current, ultrawide -bandwidth amplifier sections; and other refinements. All incorporate an A/V Sync Delay function that ensures precise synchronization of picture and sound in any home entertainment system.
All of the receivers also include an exclusive iPod® interface that provides enhanced iPod audio and video playback and control capabilities. When a compatible iPod model** (not included) is connected to one of the receivers using The Bridge*** docking station from Harman Kardon (sold separately), the iPod can be operated by the receiver's remote control, with menus to operate the iPod shown on a TV (or video display) and the receiver's front -panel display.
The DVD 48 universal DVD player included with the CP 65, and the DVD 38 DVD -Audio/Video player supplied with the CP 60 and CP 55 are engineered to deliver superlative audio and video performance. Both models include an HDMI output. The DVD 48 incorporates built -in DCDi by Faroudja processing and scaling to 1080p; the DVD 38 features upscaling to 1080i. Both offer an exclusive, intuitive navigational interface, a wealth of advanced features, and comprehensive disc -playback capabilities, including SACD playback on the DVD 48.
The loudspeaker packages in the systems include wall -mountable satellite and center channel speakers, plus a powered subwoofer. All incorporate premium -quality drivers and components for clear, dynamic and expansive sound, as well as a striking gloss -black finish.
The Harman Kardon CP 65, CP 60 and CP 55 System Solutions complete home theater packages are currently available, with suggested retail prices of $1,899, $1,399 and $1,199, respectively.
A pair of matching Harman Kardon HKS 9 and HKS 6 satellite speakers (available separately) can be added to the CP 65 and the CP 60, respectively, to create a 7.1 -channel home theater system. The HKS 9 and HKS 6 satellite speakers are available at suggested retail prices of $149 per pair (HKS 9) and $119 per pair (HKS 6). All of the satellite speakers can be used with elegant HTFS 2 floor stands (SRP: $99 per pair) that mount flush with the front of the speakers, forming a seamless gloss -black column.
Following is a list of the main features of the Harman Kardon CP 65, CP 60 and CP 55.
AVR 347, AVR 247 and AVR 146 Receivers
• Power output: AVR 347, 7 x 55 watts; AVR 247, 7 x 50 watts; AVR 146, 5 x 30 watts (all power outputs rated into 8 ohms, 20Hz - 20kHz, <0.07% THD, all channels driven)
• DCDi by Faroudja video processing and scaling up to 720p (AVR 347, AVR 247)
• Dual -input HDMI video switching (all models) and audio/video processing (AVR 347, AVR 247)
• HDMI signal repeater functionality to enable longer HDMI cable lengths between receiver and video display (AVR 347, AVR 247)
• EzSet/EQ™ feature with automated system calibration and room equalization (AVR 347, AVR 247; upgraded EzSet® remote included in CP 55 system for speaker -level calibration)
• Connection to The Bridge iPod docking station from Harman Kardon for iPod audio and video playback, control and charging
• XM Ready® (where available) with built -in XM Satellite Radio decoder, tuner and rear -panel connector to accept an XM antenna module (AVR 347, AVR 247)
• Quadruple -Crossover Bass Manager (AVR 347, AVR 247) or Triple -Crossover Bass Manager (AVR 146) allows selection of one of six different crossover frequencies for the front, center and surround speaker groups to yield optimal bass performance
• Multizone audio capability (AVR 347, AVR 247; AVR 347 includes A -BUS® multizone operation and Zone II remote)
• Exclusive Logic 7® surround -enhancement technology for enhanced sonic realism from matrix -encoded and stereo audio sources; compatibility with popular surround sound formats
DVD 48 Universal DVD Player and DVD 38 DVD -Audio/Video Player
• HDMI output with DCDi by Faroudja video processing and scaling to 1080p (DVD 48) or upscaling to 1080i (DVD 38)
• Pixel -by -pixel digital video processing for exceptional image quality
• Playback of numerous disc formats, including SACD™ (DVD 48 only), DVD -Video, DVD -Audio, CD, MP3 and Windows Media® Audio (WMA) discs, Kodak® Picture CD and JPEG image discs, and more
• Intuitive on -screen navigation and a wide range of programming, viewing and convenience functions
System Solutions Speaker Systems
• CP 65 system includes wall -mountable satellite and center channel speakers (dual 3 -inch midrange drivers, 3/4 -inch tweeter), and a 10 -inch, 200 -watt powered subwoofer
• CP 60 and CP 55 include four wall -mountable satellite speakers (3 -inch midrange driver, 1/2 -inch tweeter), a wall -mountable center channel speaker (dual 3 -inch midrange drivers, 3/4 -inch tweeter) and a 10 -inch, 100 -watt powered subwoofer
• A pair of optional HKS 9 or HKS 6 satellite speakers can be added to the CP 65 and the CP 60, respectively, to create a 7.1 -channel home theater system
• Satellite speakers are compatible with optional HTFS 2 floor stands
• Elegant gloss -black finish
The Harman Consumer Group (HCG), Inc., is a leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of a wide range of high -fidelity loudspeakers, audio and video components, and multimedia systems for use in homes and automobiles, and with computers. The group's brands include JBL®, Infinity®, Harman Kardon®, Mark Levinson®, Revel®, Audioaccess® and Lexicon®.
HCG is a division of Harman International Industries, Incorporated. Harman International (www.harman.com)
is a leading manufacturer of high -quality, high -fidelity audio products and electronic systems for the automotive, consumer and professional markets. The company's stock is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol "HAR."
# # #
For additional information, contact:
FM Public Relations
631 -385 -1304 ext. 402
Harman Kardon, Logic 7, JBL, Infinity, Mark Levinson, Revel, Audioaccess, Lexicon, EzSet is a registered trademarks, and EzSet/EQ and The Bridge are trademarks, of Harman International Industries, Incorporated.
A -BUS is a registered trademark of LeisureTech Electronics Pty Ltd.
DCDi by Faroudja is a registered trademark of Genesis Microchip Inc.
HDMI is a trademark of HDMI Licensing LLC.
iPod is a registered trademark of Apple Inc.
Kodak is a registered trademark of Eastman Kodak Company.
SACD is a trademark of Sony Electronics Corporation.
Windows and Windows Media are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Windows Media Audio is a proprietary file format developed by Microsoft.
XM and XM Ready are registered trademarks of XM Satellite Radio.
*Optional XM antenna, module and subscription to XM service required. Hardware and service sold separately. XM service not available in Alaska and Hawaii.
**Compatible with iPod models with docking connector; includes all Click Wheel models.
***The Bridge is compatible with Harman Kardon AVR 47 Series, AVR 146, 45 Series and 40 Series receivers and the DMC 1000 digital media center; not compatible with earlier Harman Kardon products, or with other brands of audio/video equipment.
© 2007 Harman International Industries, Incorporated. All rights reserved.