Prizes awarded at trade show as part of initiative to help security installers increase profitability by reaching new markets and lines of business
Van Nuys, Calif. - May 7, 2007 - AVAD LLC, America's leading distributor of custom home electronics, announced the winners of an $11,000 prize drawing, conducted at ISC -West, the premier security industry trade show recently held in Las Vegas, Nevada.
The following entrants were awarded prizes:
• Chris Mack of Mack Security Systems in Tuscon, Arizona, who won a set of Bose Lifestyle Series III speakers and a Panamax power conditioner.
• Joe Mesich of Advanced Technical Services in Gallup, New Mexico, who won a Samsung HP -S5053 and a Panamax MFP500EX 2 -outlet power conditioner.
• Don Emch of Emch's in Phoenix, Arizona, who won a surround sound system from Polk Audio, a Panamax power conditioner and a Marantz SR6001 7.1 channel receiver.
AVAD conducted the giveaway as part of their innovative "Custom Café" display, set up to educate home security professionals about the benefits of using AVAD to help them add custom AV and other home integration products to their menu of services provided.
"We wanted to reach out to the security industry because they already have a relationship with the homeowner," said Bob Gartland, President of AVAD. "We can offer the security installer a way to add value to the relationships, increase the profitability of new installs and give them a way to upsell their existing client base."
To support this effort, AVAD provides security installers and other residential technology professionals with all the training, product information, and sales support they need to get started in custom AV, as well as repeatable and scaleable AV packages designed to simplify sales, delivery, installation and service.
As part of the educational outreach, AVAD executive vice -president Joe Piccirilli, a veteran with decades of experience in custom home electronics, conducted a lively and well -attended seminar for security installers entitled "Breaking into Home Technology" during the conference. The seminar provided security installers with valuable information about baby boom demographics, sales forecasts for custom electronics in general, and practical advice about steering their business to the most profitable areas of home entertainment, while avoiding landmines like carrying inventory of depreciating equipment.
The AVAD Advantages
Central to the message conveyed by the Custom Café were the AVAD Advantages, a concise statement of benefits of doing business with AVAD. The AVAD Advantages comprise the following:
• 37 locations nationwide (Easy immediate access, national influence)
• Reliability (AVAD is the acknowledged leader in the channel)
• Just in time Inventory (All locations are fully stocked)
• One -stop Solution (Everything installers need to do the job)
• Broad categories (We help installers maximize their dollars per customer)
• Brands (Most respected in the industry and most recognized by the consumer)
• Whole -house Solutions (Available, repeatable systems)
• Knowledgeable Sales Staff (Value -added selling)
• Outside Sales (Professionals that can walk the job)
• Training (Teaching professionals how to expand their business)
• Application Support (AVAD show installers how various brands and products work together)
• Tech Support (Information on all disciplines)
• Orderly Marketplace (AVAD serves the best)
In Brief: Release Summary
• AVAD, America's leading distributor of custom home electronics, announced the winners of an $11,000 prize giveaway at ISC -West in Las Vegas, Nevada
• The giveaway was part of an initiative to reach out to security installation professionals.
• The initiative shows security installers how to grow their business by adding custom home electronics offerings to their suite of services - and the advantages of choosing AVAD as their distributor.
• By partnering with AVAD, security installers have access to AVAD's 37 fully -stocked locations, wide range of elite product lines, whole -house solutions, sales, tech and application support, world -class training and professional assistance.
About AVAD, LLC
AVAD, LLC, a wholly -owned subsidiary of Ingram Micro, Inc., is the most complete home integration solutions provider in the United States. Its in -depth technology offering of the most trusted brands and progressive continuing education programs provide all the support necessary to design and implement complete home electronic systems solutions. AVAD stocks products for home theater, lighting controls, distributed audio/video, central vacuum, and more. AVAD also provides just -in -time delivery from each of its 37 locations nationwide.
AVAD is dedicated to dealer education, training and skill advancement, as evidenced by AVAD University's over 450 online and classroom continuing education classes held each year.
By partnering with CEDIA for key industry training courses such as Installer Level I and II Certification, Designer Boot Camps and Home Theater Workshops, AVAD is unparalleled in its commitment to the betterment of the industry and the dealer's bottom line.
AVAD exemplifies this concept with the Dealer to Builder (D2B) program, which links highly -trained and qualified members of its 9,000+ dealer corps with homebuilders across the United States to outfit new homes with in -demand, cutting -edge electronic systems.
Product lines that AVAD distributes and supports include: Acme Brackets, APC, Aprilaire, Artison, Atlantic Technology, Belden, Bose, Carlon, ChannelPlus, Coleman Cable, H -P Products/Dirt Devil Central Vacuum Systems, D -Link, Draper, Fujitsu, Gefen, Goo System -Visual Reality, Inc., Harman Kardon, InFocus ScreenPlay, iPort, JVC Professional Products Company, Key Digital, Lutron, Marantz, Middle Atlantic Products, Inc., NetStreams, Niles Audio, Niveus Media, OmniMount, OnQ Technologies, OpenHouse, Panamax, Panasonic Phones, Peerless, Philips, Polk Audio, PROconnect, ProFlex, RTI, Samsung, Sharp, SharpVision, Spaun USA, Terk, Toshiba, Universal Remote Control and more.
In July 2005, AVAD was acquired by Ingram Micro, Inc., making its parent company the leading distributor for solution providers and custom integrators serving the fast -growing consumer electronics and home automation markets in the United States.
For more information about AVAD, visit www.avad.com.
# # #