Niles showcases commitment to green building practices with donation of audio equipment to the first U.S. LEED-certified residence
MIAMI, FLORIDA - April 4, 2007 - In an effort to support the practice of green building across the United States, Niles Audio Corporation, The First Name in Custom Installation®, has donated loudspeakers, volume controls and other audio equipment to the EcoManor house - the first U.S. LEED (Leadership for Energy and Environmental Design) certified residence - in Atlanta, Georgia. Created by Laura Turner Seydel, the daughter of CNN founder and philanthropist Ted Turner, the EcoManor home is now open for public and private tours. Eco Manor was created to illustrate the benefits of earth -friendly, energy -efficient homes and will be used as an educational tool showcasing "green" home design to builders, architects, designers, vendors and homeowners. The Niles' donation includes 17 of Niles' high -fidelity ceiling and in -wall loudspeakers, OS weatherproof indoor/outdoor loudspeakers, a systems integration amplifier, a loudspeaker selector and 11 volume control systems, all of which will be featured throughout the interior and exterior of the EcoManor house. All of the Niles equipment is being installed by Interior Media, a longtime Niles dealer located in Atlanta. By making eco -awareness a way of life, EcoManor and Niles hope to change the face of home building by demonstrating how effective luxury "green" living can be achieved.
"Niles is proud to be a sponsor of EcoManor," said Frank Sterns, President of Niles. "As evident by our 29 year history, our company is committed to designing and manufacturing AV products that contribute to sustainability, smart building practices and overall enjoyment," Sterns added.
Chosen from over 300 submissions, Eco Manor was also recently named "Green" Home of the Year by Electronic House during an awards ceremony at Electronic House Expo -Spring '07 in Orlando. Entries were judged by the Electronic House editorial team based on the lifestyle benefits home owners could enjoy from the installations. As a result, Eco Manor and Niles will be featured in the "Home of the Year" May issue of Electronic House.
• Niles donates audio equipment to EcoManor house project, showcasing the company's commitment to supporting green building practices across the United States.
• EcoManor is the world's first LEED (Leadership for Energy and Environmental Design certified) residence.
• Niles' donation includes 17 hi -fi ceiling and in -wall loudspeakers, OS weatherproof indoor/outdoor loudspeakers, a systems integration amplifier, a loudspeaker selector and 11 volume control systems.
• The house is located in Atlanta, Georgia, and is currently open for public tours.
• EcoManor will be used as a model to exemplify "green" home design to builders, architects, designers, vendors and homeowners.
• Eco Manor was recently named "Green" Home of the Year by Electronic House during an awards ceremony at Electronic House Expo -Spring '07 in Orlando.
• More information about Niles' involvement in the project is available at www.ecomanor.com.
Niles Audio Corporation, based in Miami, is a 29 -year -old company recognized as the First Name in Custom Installation®. As a leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of audio/video custom installation products, Niles Audio is guided by seven principles: a commitment to reliable, high -performance, application -specific, product design, a complete and up -to -date product assortment with just -in -time delivery, extensive training and technical support, exemplary customer service and strong dealer relationships. Niles is a brand based on strength, reliability and outstanding performance with a wide range of award -winning, innovative products.
Additional information may be obtained by contacting Mike Detmer at Niles Audio Corporation, 12331 SW 130th Street, Miami, FL 33186 (1 -800 -BUY -HIFI; ext. 197) or by visiting: www.nilesaudio.com.
Niles, The First Name In Custom Installation, and Blending High Fidelity And Architecture are registered trademarks of Niles Audio Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.