Tripp Lite, a world-leading manufacturer of power protection equipment, has introduced eight new metered Power Distribution Units (PDUs).
With Ethernet and Automatic Transfer Switch Options
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Chicago, IL (February 1, 2007) -Tripp Lite, a world -leading manufacturer of power protection equipment, has introduced eight new metered Power Distribution Units (PDUs). All eight models include digital load meters that display the total current drawn by connected equipment. Four models also include dual power inputs with Automatic Transfer Switch (ATS) functionality, and two of the ATS models add IP -based remote monitoring and control to provide remote reboot and user -defined load ramping and shedding. Supporting 19 -inch rack, wall, raceway, workbench and under -counter installation, Tripp Lite's metered rack PDUs are ideal for powering multiple equipment loads in networking, telecommunications, server, laboratory, audio/video, security, factory and data center applications.
"The new PDUs directly address important customer needs," said David Slotten, Director of Product Management. "Digital load meters help eliminate overloads and related downtime. The ATS function can make a standard UPS system hot -swappable or provide power redundancy for other single corded devices, while remote manageability via Ethernet give users unparalleled control over critical equipment loads. The new PDUs are exciting because they allow us to configure even better solutions for our customers, especially for applications where downtime is not an option."
Tripp Lite's metered PDU lineup includes the following models:
- - Model PDUMH15: 15 amps, 1U/0U, 13 outlets, digital load meter.
- - Model PDUMV15: 15 amps, 0U (vertical), 16 outlets, digital load meter.
- - Model PDUMV20: 20 amps, 0U (vertical), 20 outlets, digital load meter.
- - Model PDUMV40: Two 20 -amp circuits, 0U (vertical), 32 outlets, two digital load meters.
- - Models PDUMH15AT and PDUMH15ATNET: 15 amps, 1U/0U, 8 outlets, digital load meter, individually switched outlets, dual power inputs and Automatic Transfer Switch capability. NET model adds IP -based remote monitoring and control over Ethernet LAN or Internet.
- - Models PDUMH20AT and PDUMH20ATNET: 20 amps, 1U/0U, 16 outlets, digital load meter, individually switched outlets, dual power inputs and Automatic Transfer Switch capability. NET model adds IP -based remote monitoring and control over Ethernet LAN or Internet.
For more information on Tripp Lite's metered PDUs, go to:
About Tripp Lite
Outstanding product reliability and exceptional service have been Tripp Lite trademarks for more than 80 years. Tripp Lite's innovations include the world's first UPS system designed specifically for personal computers, and the world's most trusted premium surge suppressor -the Isobar® -with more than 15 million in use. Tripp Lite maintains the highest level of ready -to -ship inventory in the industry with more than 1,000 different products, including UPS systems, surge suppressors, inverters, KVM switches, cables and connectivity products, power strips and PDUs, notebook accessories, rack systems, network management accessories and more. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, Tripp Lite maintains a global presence with fully staffed offices worldwide. Additional information, including a list of Tripp Lite's sales offices and authorized reseller partners, can be found by visiting Tripp Lite's website: www.tripplite.com.
Gloria Wong - Media / Public Relations Manager
773.869.1229 / fax 773.869.1935