Home Audio with No Strings Attached for the Ultimate in Installation Flexibility
LAS VEGAS, NV - January 9, 2007 - Home theater enthusiasts looking for a surround sound speaker system that balances audiophile -quality sound with unlimited installation flexibility need to look no further than KEF's newest solution, KEF Wireless. The engineers at KEF set out to eliminate one of the most frustrating necessities in consumer electronics - - the speaker wire. Too often a challenge for homeowners reluctant to compromise their room's décor with ugly cables running across the floor to the rear speakers, the KEF wireless system utilizes proprietary technology to deliver CD quality audio without the burden of drilling holes through the walls or tripping over long unsightly cables.
Initially offered in two iterations; as an aftermarket solution for use with any existing speaker system, or as the 5000W system designed to complement the heralded KHT 5000 Series of products, the KEF Wireless System features an elegant transmitter and two matching receivers. The receivers house two robust yet diminutive 50 watt digital power amplifiers. Both versions of KEF Wireless are slated for a late 1st Quarter 2007 introduction and are expected to retail for $499.99.
In order to achieve robust audiophile -grade sound, KEF has developed a leading -edge 2.4GHz wireless transmission technology that uses the most advanced error -protection and sophisticated adaptive frequency -hopping to ensure an interference -free signal. This proprietary technology is pre -emptive and will change channels automatically to a pre negotiated frequency (within the best available band) before any errors start to occur. CD quality audio won't be affected by microwave ovens, cordless phones, or LAN routers. Homeowners have the flexibility of placing their rear speakers anywhere they want as well as moving them to different locations if desired.
"KEF's wireless system provides high -resolution audio without the degradation, distortion and latency issues that have plagued other wireless audio products on the market," stated Alec Chanin, President of KEF America. "Unlike Wi -Fi, which has several bandwidth limitations including broadcast over a single frequency and radio interference, we utilize advanced RF communications to ensure the highest fidelity noise -free audio reproduction."
KEF Wireless Technology - Key Features
• Full bandwidth CD quality audio assured via 2.4GHz radio frequency communications for real time audio delivery with no mutes or dropouts
• HFADPCM (hi -fidelity adaptive differential pulse code modulation) with advanced forward error correction assures interference -free audio reproduction, unaffected by devices such as wireless LAN routers, digital cordless telephones or microwave ovens
• Simple, convenient setup: Position the speakers, receivers and transmitter. Connect speaker cables from the AV receiver to the KEF Wireless transmitter. When power is connected, the transmitter and receiver automatically locate each other, indicated by a flashing blue light that turns to a solid blue light.
• Integrated wireless receivers are compatible with wall -mounted, desk -mounted or floor -standing speaker configurations.
• KEF releases Wireless Speaker System
• Home audio without the wires, provides great installation flexibility
• CD quality sound via leading -edge 2.4GHz wireless transmission technology using advanced error -protection and sophisticated adaptive frequency -hopping
• Robust, interference -free audio reproduction, unaffected by devices such as wireless LAN routers, digital cordless telephones or microwave ovens
• The Wireless Series unveils at the 2007 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Nevada from January 8 to January 11 - Hilton Suite 330.
About KEF Audio
KEF Audio, a division of GP Acoustics, is a UK based company that has earned a reputation as the premier manufacturer of stunning, audiophile -quality speakers for modern home cinema, hi -fi and custom installation applications. KEF products are distributed around the globe and have won numerous industry awards from both sides of the Atlantic. The KEF brand is long associated with style, quality and technical innovation.
Founded in 1961 by a British electrical engineer named Raymond Cooke on the banks of the River Medway, KEF is driven by a passionate belief in the power of new materials, new technologies and design ingenuity. Still occupying the same riverbank site, KEF passionately remains true to its patented, proven technologies such as Uni -Q® and ACE®. These characteristics, traditions and above all sound quality, secure KEF's reputation as truly world -class.
About KEF America, Inc.
KEF America, a division of KEF Audio, offers loyal North American audiophiles a stream of innovative speakers and components unmatched in the industry. Headquartered in Marlboro, New Jersey, KEF America shares the same guiding principles as its British counterpart: ground -breaking design, exceptional sound and an unshakeable commitment to excellence.
For additional information about KEF and its award -winning products, please visit www.kef.com.