Four New Models Offer, Convenience, Flexibility, Pin-Point Accuracy
LG ELECTRONICS ENTERS U.S. MARKET WITH HANDHELD PORTABLE NAVIGATION SYSTEMS
Four New Models Offer, Convenience, Flexibility, Pin -Point Accuracy
LAS VEGAS, Jan. 7, 2007 - With four new portable navigation devices (PND) leading the way, LG Electronics announced at CES 2007 that it will steer its way into the rapidly expanding North American portable automotive GPS market. With more than 25 years of experience serving both the OEM and aftermarket automotive electronics industry around the world, LG Electronics brings its car navigation expertise directly to U.S. consumers for the first time in 2007.
Leveraging insights from its telematics, GPS navigation and in -car Bluetooth communication manufacturing business for some of the world's largest global automakers, LG's introduction of a Portable Navigation Device line to the U.S. market delivers the convenience of GPS mapping in a highly portable and pocketable format that can navigate throughout the US and Canada.
Unveiled this week at the 2007 International CES® (Booth #8214, Central Hall, Las Vegas Convention Center), LG's PND line -up features touch -screen LCDs ranging in size from 3.5 to 4.3 inches, turn -by -turn voice guidance, super -slim cases for enhanced portability, and millions of points of interest, providing consumers with easy -to -use , precise navigation. In addition, some models also deliver text -to -speech voice guidance, provide access to real -time traffic services using RDS -TMC broadcast technology as well as deliver convenient voice communication with mobile telephones via Bluetooth.
Each of the four portable navigation units is slim and compact for easy installation with a touch -screen menu for increased ease -of -use as well as incorporating user -friendly text with large icons for easy consumer interface. Key features of line includes:
• A sunlight -readable, high brightness (450cd/m2), touch -screen display.
• Simply designed, graphical user interface to help users customize personal settings.
• Adopts the GPS Sirf Star III for rapid and accurate map display rendering.
• Turn -by -turn voice guidance allows users to keep their eyes on the road while listening to directions.
• Pre -loaded maps including the United States and Canada.
• Millions of Points of Interest (POIs) for convenient searching and navigation.
The four portable navigation devices for the U.S. market are:
• LG LN790 - This top -of -the -line unit incorporates a 4.3 -inch LCD screen that allows consumers to easily read menus and available options. Its turn -by -turn text -to -speech voice guidance ("turn right on Maple Avenue") delivers clear instructions for safe and easy driving. Further, the unit comes with pre -loaded maps of the United States and Canada as well as millions of POIs. Traffic information is available in many cities via the supplied RDS -TMC antenna. Other available features include music, photo and video playback, Bluetooth headset and data transfer profiles. With a battery life of up to four hours and supplied car and home chargers, the LN790 is perfect for extended road trips.
• LG LN740 - The 4 -inch display and slim design provide a brilliant and easy -to -read map display while maintaining a high level of portability for simple transport among multiple family vehicles. Its brilliant display also automatically changes from "day mode" to "night mode" for clear visual recognition in any lighting condition. With its turn -by -turn text -to -speech voice guidance, its highly accurate pre -loaded USA and Canada map with millions of POIs, access to traffic data service via a supplied RDS -TMC antenna as well as photo and music file playback, navigation, information and entertainment are more accessible than ever.
• LG LN735 - The LN735 features a 3.5 -inch display with millions of POIs and pre -loaded maps of the United States and Canada. Turn -by -turn text -to -speech voice guidance and auto day/night mode switching make safe and easy driving a snap. In addition to music and photo playback capabilities, the unit includes a high -power speaker output and up to four -hour battery life, a perfect choice for family excursions or business trips.
• LG LN730 - The LN730 features a 3.5 -inch display and comes pre -loaded with maps of both the United States and Canada as well as 1.7 million POIs. In addition to music and photo playback capabilities, the unit includes a day and night screen modes, high -power speaker output and up to a four -hour battery life.
Supplied accessories for all units include a suction -mount cradle perfect for holding the unit to the windshield as well as a "dash disc" for convenient mounting to most dashboards, a carrying pouch, a car power adaptor as well as a home power adapter, making the products conveniently transportable from home -to -vehicle or from one car to another. LG's line of Personal Navigation Systems will be available to consumers in the second quarter of 2007. Although the suggested retail prices are not yet announced, they are expected to range between $350 and $800.
ABOUT LG ELECTRONICS USA, INC.
Based in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., LG Electronics USA, Inc., (LGEUS) is the North American subsidiary of LG Electronics, Inc., a $43.4 -billion global force in consumer electronics, home appliances and mobile communications. In the United States, LGEUS sells a wide range of digital display and digital media products, digital appliances and mobile phones under LG's "Life's Good" marketing theme. For more information, please visit www.LGusa.com.
ABOUT LG ELECTRONICS, INC.
LG Electronics, Inc. (KSE: 06657.KS) is a global leader and technology innovator in consumer electronics, home appliances and mobile communications, employing more than 72,000 people working in over 120 operations including 80 subsidiaries around the world. Comprising four business units - - Mobile Communications, Digital Appliance, Digital Display and Digital Media with 2005 global consolidated sales of US $43.4 billion - - LG Electronics is the world's largest producer of CDMA handsets, residential air conditioners, plasma panels, optical storage products, DVD players and home theater systems. For more information please visit www.lge.com.
John I. Taylor (847) 941 -8181, firstname.lastname@example.org
Clara Chang (201) 816 -4280, email@example.com
Brent Tongco (773) 454 -2148, firstname.lastname@example.org