Broadband Entertainment Center Platform Consolidates Various Home Networking Gear Into One Compact Device; Plus Offers Built-in Software Operating System, TV Web Surfing, QoS, External Storage, a Media Library Portal, and More
Eatontown, NJ - January 3, 2007 - Amedia Networks, Inc. (OTC BB: AANI), a provider of next generation media gateways to distribute and manage ultra -broadband triple -play services in the home, today announced that it will showcase its all -in -one gateway, home networking appliance, and media portal at the 2007 International CES (Consumer Electronics Show) in Booth #26731 in South Hall 2, running Jan. 8 -11 in Las Vegas, NV.
The Amedia gateway is designed to be the central point of networking, allowing subscribers to download and store all types of multimedia content - from videos, to music, to games - right on their gateway, and then access or display that content on virtually any television, monitor, or networked device.
Built on the company's innovative Broadband Entertainment Center platform, the Amedia gateway packs all of the following features and more into a single, compact appliance:
* Home Networking: A lone Amedia gateway offers the combined functionality of a modem, router, wireless access point, VoIP adapter, and more within an all -in -one compact device.
* Software Operating System: Amedia gateways have the unique ability run proprietary or third -party software programs, enabling delivery of value -added multimedia or networking applications to subscribers such as in -home messaging, remote home monitoring, a virtual family calendar, and much more.
* Internet Access: Surf the web at ultra -broadband speeds on your television, powered by the Amedia gateway, from the comfort of your couch - - and without the need of a computer.
* Media Storage: External storage allows subscribers to build extensive media libraries of music, videos, documents, or virtually any other file type - all accessible directly through the Amedia gateway.
* Media Library Portal: Organize, search, and select your media through an easy -to -use, customizable interface which can be viewed from any networked TV or monitor.
* Quality of Service (QoS): No more squiggly video or sketchy VoIP phone calls! Subscribers can prioritize the ultra -broadband services most important to them - whether it is voice, video, or data - to avoid disruption of quality or speed.
* Ultrawideband (UWB): Wirelessly transmit bandwidth -intensive HD video over considerable distances - while still maintaining picture quality - to various home entertainment and media devices throughout the home.
Ultimately, Amedia's goal is to enable telecommunications carriers to increase revenue opportunities and better manage triple -play services, while also offering more convenience, quality assurance, and other value -added benefits to subscribers.
For general media inquiries or to schedule a meeting with Amedia at CES in Booth #26731 in South Hall 2, please contact Kevin McLaughlin at 877 -505 -2258 x902 or Kevin@resoundmarketing.com.
About Amedia Networks
Amedia Networks, Inc. (OTC BB: AANI) provides next generation residential media gateways to distribute and manage high -quality voice, high -definition video, and high -speed data services throughout the networked home. The Amedia residential gateway offers a single, compact, configurable device with the collective functionality of a modem, wireless access point, router, VoIP adapter, and family firewall - all in one. In addition, it features external media storage and a built -in operating system for carriers to continuously develop and deliver new, ultra -broadband applications to the home. The company is led by an executive team with a long and proven history in the voice, data, and telecom industries, and its core technologies have been co -developed by Lucent Technologies, Inc.'s renowned Bell Laboratories unit. For more information, visit http://www.amedia.com.
All company names, brand names, and product names herein are trademarks of their respective holder(s).
This press release may contain 'forward -looking' statements as that term is defined in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. A number of factors could cause Amedia's actual results to differ from anticipated results expressed in such forward -looking statements. Such factors are addressed in Amedia's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission (available at http://www.sec.gov) and include, but are not limited to, the success and market acceptance of Amedia's triple play solution, the sufficiency of cash reserves to meet operating and other requirements, the relatively fast pace of obsolescence in the broadband communications equipment market, and the competitive environment in the economy generally and in the telecommunications specifically. Amedia assumes no obligation to update any forward -looking statements.
CFO and SVP Business Operations
Tel: (732) 440 -1959
Tel: 877 -505 -2258/902
Alliance Advisors, LLC
Tel: (914) 244 -0062