The NuVision 52LEDLP uses the PhlatLight™ LED Light Source to Provide Revolutionary Video Performance with Superior Color Fidelity, More Refined Grey Scale and Deeper Black Levels
Scottsdale, Ariz., October 26, 2006 - NuVision is proud to announce that production has begun on its new 1080p DLP® television (model # 52LEDLP) and that it is on schedule to ship the revolutionary new TV in October. NuVision has also recently announced that its new line of Deep Black LED DLP televisions will initially be available in the 52 -inch model ($4,399 MSRP) with larger screen models targeted for the near future. The company recently featured the TV at the CEDIA Expo in Denver and will show the TV at the upcoming EHX Expo show in Long Beach, Calif., November 15 through 17 (booth # 1127)
"We are very excited about ramping up production and making available the industry's most anticipated new 1080p DLP® television," said Scott Deley, NuVision CEO. "With breakthrough technologies, such as the PhlatLight™ LED -based light source, the NuVision 52LEDLP will bring dazzling new visuals never before seen by the AV industry."
The NuVision LED illumination system is based on the breakthrough PhlatLight™ LED -based light source, developed and manufactured by the U.S. company Luminus Devices, Inc. The NuVision version of this technology is designed with specialized electronics systems optimized to proprietary NuVision control and signal processing systems with the goal of creating the ultimate new reference standard in high -performance video reproduction.
The PhlatLight light source is a semiconductor RGB LED chipset that produces superior color fidelity, more refined grey scale and deeper black levels. The PhlatLight LEDs allowed NuVision designers to create a radical new approach to light engine design that changes the entire optical architecture, improving it in every respect while simultaneously eliminating all shortcomings of conventional arc lamp PTV illumination.
Besides the spectacular improvements in color accuracy, brilliance, contrast and black levels, other benefits of the NuVision Deep Black LED Light Engine include:
• Long Life - No brightness degradation or bulb replacement needed
• Instant On with full brightness in less than four seconds. No waiting for the lamp to
• Environmentally Friendly - 100 percent free of mercury or other hazardous materials
found in conventional TV lamps and no more discarded bulbs, reducing the amount of toxic solid waste in landfills
• Consumes less power than conventional large screen TVs, saving energy and reducing air pollution
• Widest Color Gamut - Capable of 40 percent more than the HDTV standard to
produce highly saturated and accurate colors not possible on other TVs
• Digitally Controlled Color Balance and adjustable white point automatically maintains accurate color and improved grayscale accuracy
• Elimination of rotating color wheel filters means silent operation and no motion blur or "rainbow" artifacts
• High Brightness/High Contrast - No infrared or ultraviolet lamp filters needed; High light efficiency: 500 Nits of brightness, over 5000:1 contrast
• DSDB - NuVision Digital Switching Deep Black circuitry allows precise control of LEDs for deeper blacks
Additional features of the NuVision 52LEDLP 1080p DLP® television include:
• ATSC/Clear QAM HD tuning plus NTSC tuning
• 1920 x 1080p full resolution xHD4 DLP® chip
• 2 - 1080p capable HDMI/HDCP inputs
• 2 - Auto Detect Multi -Scan Component Inputs
• 2 - S Video, 3 -composite video inputs
• NuControl Bi -Directional RS -232 + IR blaster jack with pass -through capability
• NiDO: NuVision Intelligent Digital Optimization video signal processing.
• 3:2 reverse telecine pull -down
• Motion -adaptive de -interlacer/scaler
• Digital 3D Y/C Comb Filter
• 3D Temporal/Spatial Noise Reduction
• PIP & Dual -Image Split Screen capability
• ATSC PSIP Program Guide
• 3 Language OSD with interactive on -screen set -up
• V -Chip, Closed Caption Decoder, clock on/off timer
• Backed by a full two year warranty (parts and in home labor)
NuVision Deep Black LED DLP rear projection televisions utilize individual red, green, and blue super bright LEDs to replace conventional lamps used to illuminate all DLP rear projection systems in the market today. The LED's light output is controlled to an incredible degree of accuracy through the proprietary NuVision DSDB (Digital Switching Deep Black) system. This contributes to deeper blacks by precisely controlling the LED output during dark scenes while producing an unprecedented wide color gamut resulting in deeper, more brilliant colors that exceed even the NTSC color gamut specification. Finally, the adjustable white point and color optimization provides a new level of grey scale and color precision never before available without drifting during the life of the set. The set actually automatically self -calibrates every time you turn it on.
Aimed at the discerning consumer who appreciates great performance, customer service, and sleek cosmetics, NuVision targets the CEDIA custom install channel and high -end A/V specialty retailers who professionally serve that same consumer.
In addition to announcing the new 1080p DLP® television, NuVision has also recently brought industry veterans Charles Boornazian and Paul Fredrickson on -board as the company's Vice President - Sales and V.P. - Marketing and Strategic Planning, respectively. Besides solidifying its management team, NuVision also announced in late February that it received equity funding from Mitsui Comtek Corp. Mitsui Comtek was founded in 1986 by Mitsui & Co., Ltd. as the strategic subsidiary for IT & Electronics business in U.S. market. Mitsui Comtek has been very active in enabling advanced display technologies to be launched into the consumer IT and CE markets through various strategic partnerships. Mitsui Comtek has been an early investor in a wide range of technology companies such as Gateway 2000, Nanosolar, and SiRF.
NuVision televisions are available through select retailers & custom installers nationwide. To locate a NuVision dealer near you please visit www.NuVision.com or call (877) 738 -7641
# # #