Feel Safe and In-the-Know During Emergency Situations
CE Company Offers Line of Affordable and Portable Emergency Devices
St. Louis, Missouri - October 3, 2006 - GPX, a premier designer and manufacturer of the consumer electronics industry's most popular and feature -driven audio and video products, today introduced an exclusive line of low -cost, specialty items created for use during emergencies such as weather events and natural disasters. The Weather X line includes two uniquely featured, portable radio and television combination units, a weather -alert rechargeable AM/FM flashlight, and a weather alert rechargeable portable radio with built in dynamo.
"Information is the key to feeling safe, secure, and in control in the midst of any serious weather or emergency situation," said Bill Fetter, CEO of GPX. "The GPX line of Weather X products offers portable access to the information that affords intelligent assessment and activity during a crisis."
All of the Weather X products are equipped with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's (NOAA) instant weather band and alert system. The units pick up all information from this government -run radio network including continuous weather information, post -event information, and updates for storms and other types of hazards and occurrences including chemical releases, and public safety announcements. When not in use as emergency devices the products can also double as lightweight, fun, and portable entertainment units for children's rooms, long car trips and camping vacations. The four safety and emergency products are available now in retail locations nationwide.
TVWB534 - TV/Radio/Light Unit ($29.99 MSRP)
· 5" black and white TV, AM/FM radio and instant NOAA weatherband alert
· removable flashlight with recharge circuit
· emergency siren
· thermometer & compass
· 2 -adjustable rotary fluorescent lamps
· 3 -way power
· built -in NiCad rechargeable batteries
· stereo headphone, AV input, and external antenna jacks
TVB544 - TV/Radio/CD Unit ($39.99 MSRP)
· 5" black and white TV, AM/FM radio and instant NOAA weather band alert
· top loading, programmable CD/CDR/CDRW player with LED display
· 3 -way power
· full -range speakers with metal mesh grills
· stereo headphone and AV input jacks
FR2806 - Weather Radio Flashlight Unit ($14.99 MSRP)
· 7 -channel instant NOAA weather band alert
· flashlight with rubberized finish for safety grip
· lightweight, easy -to -carry AM/FM radio with built -in speaker
· DC -powered
· Built -in retractable AC plug for recharging
RWB6806DT - Portable Radio Flashlight with Dynamo ($19.99 MSRP)
· 7 -channel instant NOAA weatherband alert
· AM/FM/TV band (2 -13)
· Dynamo with rechargeable batteries
· LED flashlight
· Built in retractable AC plug for recharging
About GPX, Inc.
For more than 35 years GPX has offered one of the broadest portfolios of technology -driven consumer audio and video products. An award -winning consumer electronics company, GPX has built a solid reputation on excellent product quality, reliability, design and affordability. GPX corporate headquarters in St. Louis, Missouri houses its engineering, logistics and design groups as well as 30,000 square feet of in -country warehouse space to facilitate immediate product sourcing for its customers. GPX also has offices in Asia that provide engineering, design, logistics, quality control, and global product management services. GPX is owned by Synergy Enterprises, LLC, a New Jersey -based private investment firm that specializes in the acquisition and management of companies with growth potential. For more information on GPX and its products and services, visit www.gpx.com.
GPX is a registered trademark of GPX, Inc. All other products and brand names as they appear in this release are the trademarks of their respective holders.