CHAMPAIGN, IL ─ September 1, 2006 ─ CodexNovus, the leader in stand -alone and networked media server products, is proud to introduce the HDcodex DV -1 Digital Media Reader, a media input device that makes it easy for users to upload their entire digital media collections to the digital media library of their choice. With the new DV -1 Reader, in combination with other HDcodex digital media libraries and players, the customer can access his or her entire collection of movies, music, and other media at the touch of a button.
"Our goal is to take the best digital playback technology on the market - and make it invisible," said CodexNovus' president Hugo Feugen. "We're allowing the movie and music lover to forget about the equipment and put his or her focus where it belongs - on the media experience itself."
Easiest Media Reader on the Market
The DV -1 Digital Media Reader operates seamlessly with all HDcodex media players, such as the DML -200, DML -1000, and the DML -1600 Digital Media Libraries. Simply place your media into the DV -1's trayless DVD mechanism and upload using the intuitive user interface, HDcodex, which lets you find and control your favorite media quickly, with all source information and metadata. HDcodex players are ISF -certified and incorporate All Media Guide's (AMG) LASSO media recognition system.
The DV -1 Digital Media Reader provides the fastest rip times available on the consumer market. It can rip music CDs in under five minutes and typical full -length feature films on DVD format in about 20 minutes.
All CodexNovus products support the highest quality HD images and stunning sound in streaming video, audio, pictures and graphics. They faithfully reproduce SD and HD formats at resolutions up to 1920 x 1080p. High resolution digital audio is captured in multi -channel 5.1 and 7.1 formats, for the authentic home theater surround -sound experience.
The DV -1 features an 8 -in -1 media card reader to streamline the uploading process. The reader supports a wide variety of data storage and transfer technologies, including Type I/II Compact Flash, IBM Microdrive, 3.3 V Smartmedia (capacity to 128MB), Secure Digital/Multimedia Card, Memory Stick, and Memory Stick PRO. The DV -1 offers matchless flexibility and configuration options and supports MPEG, AVI, TS, VC -1, MP2, MP3, AC3, WAV, AAC, HTML, SWF, BMP, PNG, TIFF, GIF and JPEG media files.
At an MSRP of $795, the HDcodex DV -1 is priced to reach a broader market of consumers than ever, while still allowing dealers a generous profit margin.
The HDcodex DV -1 is making its debut at Booth #141, Colorado Convention Center, at the 2006 CEDIA EXPO in Denver, Colorado, September 14 -17, 2006. Delivering more performance and flexibility than systems costing hundreds more, by any measure HDcodex is truly…Definition…Defined.
• CodexNovus introduces the HDcodex DV -1 Digital Media Reader, a media input device that lets users upload their entire digital media collections and transfer them to the HDcodex media players quick and easy.
• The DV -1 Digital Media Reader operates seamlessly with all HDcodex media players, such as the DML -200, DML -1000, and the DML -1600 Digital Media Libraries.
• Media is placed into the DV -1's trayless DVD mechanism and it is uploaded using HDcodex's intuitive interface.
• The DV -1 provides fast rip times, it can rip a music CD in under five minutes and typical full -length feature films on DVD format in about 20 minutes.
• All CodexNovus Media Players provide high quality video in SD and HD formats at resolutions up to 1920 x 1080p and faithful reproduction of 5.1 and 7.1 high -resolution digital audio.
• All CodexNovus Media Players are ISF -certified and enabled with AMG's LASSO media recognition system.
• The HDcodex DV -1 Digital Media Reader will be available in Q4 of 2006 at an MSRP of $795.
About CodexNovus, Inc.
Champaign, Illinois -based CodexNovus was formed in March 2000 by Hugo Feugen, the president of CodexNovus. The company produces leading -edge media server products and technology designed to embrace the ever -growing world of digital content in both the residential and commercial markets. The company's mission is to open up the world of stunningly beautiful HDTV imagery and multi -channel audio that surrounds you by offering affordable media servers which allow instant access to complete digital audio, video, and image libraries in the home or in commercial applications. A benchmark ideology of CodexNovus is to provide products that are easily expandable and upgradeable so that you can be certain you have a system designed against near -term obsolescence.
For additional information on CodexNovus and its products, please visit www.codexnovus.com.