Leading American A/V Distributor Builds Dealer and Vendor Relationships; Awards More than $50,000 in Prizes
Van Nuys, Calif. - September 26, 2006, - AVAD LLC, America's leading distributor of custom home electronics, announced today that CEDIA EXPO 2006 was its most successful show ever. Centered on their innovative "Custom Café" display on the Colorado Convention Center trade show floor, AVAD was able to open dozens of new relationships with professionals throughout the custom installation industry. Additionally, AVAD and its co -sponsors gave away more than $50,000 in prizes to AVAD dealers who visited partner vendor booths.
AVAD dealers and executives took the opportunity to expand their product expertise, learn about innovations within the custom electronics industry and deepen their relationships with valued AVAD partner manufacturers, vendors and customers.
"It was definitely a win -win situation for all of us," said Bob Gartland, president of AVAD. "We were able to explain the AVAD Advantages to countless current and potential business partners - and because of the discussions we had, our representatives are better prepared than ever to deliver on our promises."
The Custom Café theme was a smashing success. The setup - an actual café in the middle of the convention center floor with live entertainment - gave EXPO participants a chance to take in some much -needed rest and relaxation, while also providing a low -pressure, low -distraction venue for the AVAD team to speak with people from around the industry, communicate the AVAD Advantages, and most importantly, discover how AVAD can best serve their current and future customers.
AVAD representatives and the AVAD Booth Hostesses were on hand to distribute a number of terrific prizes, including three complete custom home theater systems. The lucky winners were: Frank Mossman of Sight and Sound Engineering, Phoenix, Ariz.; Bob Benedict of Bolt Systems, Grayslake, Ill.; David Bavaresco of Audio Visual Systems International, Denver, Colo.; and Maynard Shigley of Sunair Security Services, Centennial, Colo.
"I'd like to thank everyone who helped make the show a success for us," Gartland added. "To our current and new vendors and the custom home system installers whom we serve, thank you so much. We look forward to a long and productive professional relationship."
The AVAD Advantages:
· AVAD has 36 fully stocked national locations that provide easy and immediate access to all the products installers need to do their jobs.
· AVAD carries the most respected - and recognized - brands in the industry with many exclusives like Bose, Fujitsu, RTI and more.
· AVAD offers whole -house solutions with repeatable, complete systems.
· AVAD's knowledgeable sales staff aids with system design, application and technical support.
· AVAD offers over 500 online and classroom trainings a year in virtually every product category.
· AVAD cares about the health of a dealer's business. That is why AVAD's brands and products are not found everywhere. AVAD dealers must qualify to carry many of the brands.
· AVAD's D2B (Dealer to Builder) Program provides eligible dealers with the tools and support to make builder relationships successful.
In Brief: Release Summary:
· AVAD announced today that CEDIA EXPO 2006 was the company's most successful show ever.
· Centered on their innovative "Custom Café," AVAD was able to open dozens of new relationships with professionals throughout the industry at the AVAD booth.
· AVAD and its co -sponsors gave away more than $50,000 in prizes to AVAD dealers who visited partner vendor booths.
· While at the show, the AVAD team took the opportunity to expand their product expertise, learn about innovations within the industry and deepen relationships with valued AVAD partner manufacturers and customers.
About AVAD, LLC
AVAD, LLC, a wholly -owned subsidiary of Ingram Micro, Inc., is the most complete home integration solutions provider in the United States. Its in -depth technology offering of the most trusted names and progressive continuing education programs provide all the support necessary to design and implement complete home solutions. AVAD stocks products for home theater, lighting controls, distributed audio/video, central vacuum, and more for just -in -time delivery from each of its 32 + locations nationwide. With complete technical training and certification for industry hallmarks like CEDIA's Installer Level I and Level II Certification, AVAD is unparalleled in its commitment to expanding dealers' bottom line.
AVAD exemplifies this concept with the Dealer to Builder (D2B) program, which links members of its 9,000+ dealer corps with homebuilders across the United States to outfit new homes with in -demand, cutting -edge electronic systems.
AVAD is dedicated to dealer education, training and skill advancement, as evident by AVAD University's over 450 online and classroom continuing education classes held each year.
Product lines that AVAD distributes and supports include: Acme Brackets, APC, Aprilaire, Artison, Atlantic Technology, Belden, Bose, Carlon, ChannelPlus, Coleman Cable, H -P Products/Dirt Devil Central Vacuum Systems, D -Link, Draper, Fujitsu, Gefen, Goo Systems, Harman Kardon, InFocus ScreenPlay, iPort, JVC Professional Products Company, Key Digital, Lutron, Marantz, Middle Atlantic Products, Inc., NetStreams, Niles Audio, Niveus Media, OmniMount, OnQ Technologies, OpenHouse, Panamax, Panasonic Phones, Peerless, Philips, Polk Audio, PROconnect, ProFlex, RTI, Samsung, Sharp, SharpVision, Spaun USA, Terk, Toshiba, Universal Electronics, Universal Remote Control, and more.
In July 2005, AVAD was acquired by Ingram Micro, Inc., making its parent company the leading distributor for solution providers and custom integrators serving the fast -growing consumer electronics and home automation markets in the United States.
For more information about AVAD and its services, visit its website at www.avad.com.