8 x 75-watts in 2U Chassis Boasts Digital Technology, BBE Sound Enhancement, and full integration with leading control systems
San Clemente, CA -September 14, 2006 -One of the most exciting products introduced at the 2006 CEDIA Expo by Sonance, the originator and a leading manufacturer of the in -wall loudspeaker, is not a speaker at all, but is instead a brand -new power amplifier.
The new Sonamp 875D SE is an 8 -channel, 75 -watts RMS hybrid amplifier, combining world class digital technology with analog power supplies to deliver unprecedented efficiency, compactness, and high -end sound quality in an extremely useful package. Expressly created for use in multiroom and multi -channel audio systems, the Sonamp 875D SE is an impressively innovative and versatile performer, that brings the natural, open sound quality of analog to a small, powerful, technologically advanced digital amplifier. With the Sonance philosophy of open architecture design, full custom integration with such control systems as AMX and Creston make the Sonamp 875D SE a valuable addition to the Sonance line of multiroom solutions.
"The 875's hybrid design approach gives our customers the benefits of both the analog and digital world in one amplifier and lives up to the Sonance quality standards," says Sonance Director of Product Electronics, Scott Sylvester, "It gives us a power amp just two rack -spaces high that effortlessly supplies higher power output for a whole -house audio system And it will do so with audiophile sound quality -a bold claim, but the proof is in the listening", Sylvester concludes
The digital -processing technology design employs advanced, "intelligent" adaptive/predictive high -frequency pulse modulation. Consequently, the Sonamp 875D SE achieves the kind of low -distortion performance on both steady -state and transient distortion tests usually associated with superb Class AB amplifers. Add BBE
Sound Enhancement and the result is high quality, highly musical sound that rivals that of much larger analog amplifiers.
Performance is only part of the Sonamp 875D SE story. The 875D SE is loaded with features that enhance its usefulness and flexibility in multiroom and multi -channel systems:
• 8 x 75 watts RMS from an amplifier just 3 -7/8" -height x 16 -11/16" -width x 17 -1/4" -depth (2U high), and weighing 47 lbs.
• Unlike conventional Class D amps, the hybrid Sonamp 875D SE's channel -pairs can be bridged to yield one, two, three, or four 300 -watt channels (at 8 ohms).
• All channels remain stable and operate at full -performance when driving speakers at 4_ loads.
• BBE™ Sound Enhancement for all channels, with individual +6dB/+9dB/Off selection for each zone (channel -pair). BBE processing performs phase and low - and high -frequency corrections to restore transient excitement and timbral impact to music - an ideal enhancement for distributed sound in multi -room setups.
• Flexible input configuration via 8 individual direct inputs plus two bus and one aux inputs. Buffered line outputs simplify multi -amp setups.
• Each zone (channel -pair) features individual 12 -volt trigger in and out, plus signal -sensing on/off switching that conserves the amp's dynamic potential by reducing power -supply demand from idle channels.
• Individual, tamper -resistant recessed front -panel input level and auto -on sensitivity controls ease installation and system tuning. Front -panel LEDs display global and individual zone on/off condition, and individual zone BBE on/off and protection condition.
• RS -232 control port permits custom integration with most controllers including popular, high -end touchscreen systems, providing by -channel volume control, BBE on/off, power functions, temperature feedback and many more control features. Both AMX and Crestron modules are available at no charge.
Availability: Product will begin shipping 4th Quarter, 2006.
Suggested Retail Price: $2,000
Headquartered in San Clemente, California, Sonance was founded in 1984 by Scott Struthers and Geoff Spencer who introduced the world's first in -wall loudspeaker system to the consumer electronics market. With distribution in 45 countries around the world, Sonance remains at the forefront of technology by offering innovative solutions that harmoniously blend sound with designs favored by leading custom integrators, architects, interior design professionals, and design conscious clients throughout the world.
For further information visit www.sonance.com or contact the company at 212 Avenida Fabricante, San Clemente, CA 92672, Telephone: 800 -582 -0771.