A compact home entertainment solution. Including CD, DVD, DVD-Audio, Surround sound processing and a 5-Channel power amp in one box, the n-Vi retails for $5750 CEDIA booth 687.
PRODUCT INFORMATION SHEET
A passionate and committed interest in
music is the foundation stone of Naim
Audio, that has enabled the design and
manufacture of what we believe to
be the finest sounding range of audio
equipment available in the world today.
While all our products must meet and
exceed many measurable parameters,
we believe that they should, above all,
be capable of delivering the kind of
musical performance that we ourselves
would want to live with.
Naim's design team has been aware
for some time, that many Naim owners
are primarily music enthusiasts, and,
while adding AV to their systems would
be a bonus, perhaps, they were not so
convinced as to move to a separate DVD
player and AV processor.
In addition, there are many owners (and
potential owners) who wish to have AV
systems, but not in the same room as
their two -channel hi -fi systems.
n -Vi satisfies these demands and brings
Naim audio and video performance to a
NOT JUST ANY BOX
n -Vi includes all the expertise, skills and
attention to detail you would expect
from a Naim product.
The into -one -box integration has not
lessened the desire, or, indeed, even the
requirement, to deliver traditional Naim
values of musical performance, and the
newer values of video and digital signal
processing, as illustrated by the award
winning Naim DVD5 DVD player, and
AV2 AV processor. n -Vi is an upgradable,
high -end integrated DVD player, DVD -A player,
CD player, AV processor,
audio preamplifier, and fivechannel
From launch it will be available with an optional
FM radio module.
Surround sound modes
include Dolby Digital, DTS
and Dolby Pro Logic II.
PRODUCT INFORMATION SHEET
n -VI : REAR PANEL CONNECTIONS
n -Vi DVD/CD PLAYER / PROCESSOR / 5 -CHANNEL POWER AMPLIFIER ($5,750)
• Faroudja progressive -scan chipset for a smooth, solid and detailed picture
• Latest generation Cirrus Logic DVD DSP
• Simultaneous progressive -scan on the BNC high -definition output and interlaced video on SCART
or s -video outputs (RGB/YUV, s -video or composite). Ideal for a back -room video monitor or for
display set -up.
• DVI digital video output for direct digital display connection (HCDP enabled)
• Scaler/video processor upgrade (available late 2006) giving 'pixel for pixel' compatibility with
digital display devices. Includes an external video input.
• 'Data straightener' using a voltage -controlled crystal oscillator (VCXO) for low jitter conversion
• High performance Burr -Brown six -channel enhanced multi -level delta -sigma DACs (up to
• Three external analogue (one DIN -5, two stereo RCA phono inputs) and three external digital
audio (one optical, two coaxial) inputs for playback of external sources (digital TV, iPod, tape, etc.)
• Upgrade FM tuner module (US only) with clock and alarm features
• Cascaded coaxial digital output
• DIN -5 output for connection to unity -gain AV input on Naim two -channel preamplifier.
• High performance Tripath Class -T® five -channel amplifier (50W @ 8Ω and 90W @ 4Ω)
CONNECTIVITY / USER INTERFACE
• Full OSD control with built -in test screens for optimum display calibration
• 128x64 easy to read PLED graphical display with intelligent font scaling
• Naim DVDCOM remote handset (Philips RC -5 protocol)
• Philips RC -5 demodulated input and output
• Software upgradeable via CD ROM - files can be downloaded from Naim's resource website.
• Bi -directional RS -232 communications port (dual RJ -45 jacks) for connection to multi -room
control and/or automation systems
• New Naim NA -Bus for bi -directional control and interoperability with future Naim products
• High performance, feed -forward regulated, low -noise
switch -mode power supply (first for a Naim product) for
excellent power -to -size ratio, reduced heat
• Variable -speed fan
• Solid build construction: aluminium chassis and multi -layer
• Modular design allows design flexibility and future upgrades
for new video and audio formats
• Designed and manufactured in Salisbury, England.
• Five -year limited warranty (parts and labor)
All trademarks are the property of their respective companies.
Specifications subject to change.
5657 West Howard Street
Niles, Illinois 60714 -4011
Telephone : (847) 647 -2293 · Facsimile : (847) 647 -2461