Miami, Florida JULY 25, 2006 - Niles Audio Corporation, The First Name in Custom Installation®, announced today that its revolutionary IntelliControl® ICS whole -house distributed audio system has received Electronic House Magazine's 2006 Product of the Year Award.
IntelliControl ICS is a whole -house distributed audio system that accommodates all of today's popular sources - including Sirius® and XM® satellite radio, iPod®, legacy audio sources such as CD players, media servers and AM/FM radio - delivering detailed information to and from its keypads, touchscreens and wireless remote controls.
"This is a remarkable honor for Niles," said Frank Sterns, president of Niles. "Receiving this prestigious award confirms that we achieved our goal of creating a superior product that enables designers/installers to integrate all the popular sources into their whole -house audio distribution systems with unparalleled ease, while giving consumers complete 'freedom of choice' so they can enjoy a variety of music programming simultaneously from anywhere in their homes."
At the heart of the system is the GXR2 Modular Multizone Receiver, the first receiver to use interchangeable source card modules. IntelliControl ICS features "plug and play" configuration, allowing simultaneous listening and control of a variety of music or programs to different rooms or zones throughout the house. The receiver accommodates any combination of up to six modules, and with additional GXR2s, the system is expandable to up to 30 zones, each with fully independent choice of source and control.
IntelliControl ICS comes with a choice of four system control devices, including a unique wireless remote control dubbed the iRemote®, which supplies all of the "metadata" (song title, artist, album, etc.) to users' fingertips, allowing them to scan, select and play content from their ICS system just as if they were standing in front of a CD rack, satellite receiver or holding an iPod in their hands.
Other ICS system controllers include a color touchscreen display and wall -mountable keypads, available with or without LCD displays. All control devices provide real -time user feedback in the form of metadata menus for intuitive source navigation and operation. Quick and easy access to an entire library is now beautifully simple.
Winning products were selected by Electronic House editors based on reviews released throughout the year, product demos, installer feedback, innovative features and overall value. The winning products will be featured in the September issue of Electronic House and on www.electronichouse.com.
- Niles announces that its IntelliControl ICS has won the Electronic House Magazine's 2006 Product of the Year Award.
- IntelliControl ICS is a whole -house distributed audio system that accommodates all the popular digital sources - including Sirius and XM satellite radio, iPod, legacy audio sources and AM/FM radio.
- The system delivers detailed information (all of the metadata) to and from its keypads, touchscreens and a unique wireless remote control dubbed the iRemote.
- IntelliControl ICS supplies all of the "metadata" (song title, artist, album, etc.) to users' fingertips, allowing them to scan, select and play content from their ICS system just as if they were standing in front of a CD rack, satellite receiver or holding an iPod in their hands.
- The EH award winners were selected by Electronic House editors based on reviews released throughout the year, product demos, installer feedback, innovative features and overall value.
- The winning products will be featured in the September issue of Electronic House and on www.electronichouse.com.
Niles Audio Corporation, based in Miami, is a 28 -year -old company recognized as the First Name in Custom Installation™. As a leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of audio/video custom installation products, Niles Audio is guided by seven principles: a commitment to reliable, high -performance, application -specific, product design, a complete and up -to -date product assortment with just -in -time delivery, extensive training and technical support, exemplary customer service and strong dealer relationships. Niles is a brand based on strength, reliability and outstanding performance with a wide range of award -winning, innovative products.
Additional information may be obtained by contacting Mike Detmer at Niles Audio Corporation, 12331 SW 130th Street, Miami, FL 33186 (1 -800 -BUY -HIFI; ext. 197) or by visiting: www.nilesaudio.com.
# # #
Niles, The First Name In Custom Installation, and Blending High Fidelity And Architecture are registered trademarks of Niles Audio Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.