Horizontally or Vertically, KEF's HTB2 Sub Is A Powerful Winner
MARLBORO, NJ - July 25, 2006 - KEF, the British manufacturer of world -class home theater speakers, has added another award to its roster of accolades with the 2006 Electronic House "Product of the Year" Award. KEF was recognized for its unique HTB2 high -powered subwoofer, part of the dynamic KHT3000 Series 5.1 home cinema speaker system.
"We are truly honored to have received this recognition from Electronic House magazine," said Alec Chanin, president of KEF America. "The HTB2 is a tremendously exciting product and continues our tradition of offering innovative, sophisticated, and décor -friendly solutions that deliver the 3D sound and stunning bass realism that are our trademarks."
The HTB2 sports a radical new design that complements modern décor, and uses a 10 -inch bass driver along with a 10 -inch Auxiliary Bass Radiator. The ultra long -throw design and all -new 250 watt amplifier produce deep, defined bass with a tight response, and SmartBass 'connect and go' functionality means that set -up is quick and simple. The subwoofer also features an acoustically inert ABS -molded enclosure and its two -position phase switch and three -position bass boost switch lets users easily adjust sound at any time.
The HTB2 gives home theater enthusiasts complete placement flexibility. After careful research with consumers, KEF designed the HTB2 for either vertical or horizontal placement. This is achieved by simply removing the factory fitted base -foot (for vertical) and fixing the additional three feet to the rim of the driver (for horizontal). No matter how the sub is positioned, the control panel and connections are easily accessible.
The KEF Home Theatre 3000 Series builds on the huge success of the popular KHT2005.2 system, resulting in a 5.1 system that delivers the dialogue and sound effects of today's digital soundtracks, as well as the streamlined looks design -conscious consumers demand. Currently available, the system comprised of 4 satellites, 1 center channel and the HTB2 subwoofer, retails at an MSRP of $1,500. To match a variety of home interiors, KEF offers the 3000 series in high -gloss silver or in a stunningly new high -gloss black finish. A la carté, the HTB2 retails at $799.
Winning products were selected by Electronic House editors based on reviews released throughout the year, product demos, installer feedback, innovative features and overall value. The winning products will be featured in the September issue of Electronic House and on www.electronichouse.com.
- KEF's HTB2 high -powered subwoofer wins Electronic House Magazine's 2006 Product of the Year Award.
- The HTB2 sports a radical, ultra long -throw design featuring a 10" bass driver along with a 10" Auxiliary Bass Radiator.
- All -new 250 watt amplifier produces deep, defined bass with a tight response.
- Acoustically inert enclosure is shaped to eliminate internal standing waves for extreme bass realism.
SmartBass™ 'connect and go' functionality makes setup a breeze.
- Two -position phase switch and three -position bass boost switch lets users easily adjust sound at any time.
- Complete placement flexibility allows for vertical or horizontal subwoofer placement depending on space requirements or taste.
- Part of KEF's KHT3000 Series 5.1 home cinema speaker system comprised of 4 satellites, 1 center channel and HTB2 subwoofer. The complete system retails at an MSRP of $1,500.
- A la carté, the HTB2 retails at $799.
- Winning products were selected by Electronic House editors based on reviews released throughout the year, product demos, installer feedback, innovative features and overall value.
About KEF Audio
KEF, a division of GP Acoustics, is a UK based company that has earned a reputation as the premier manufacturer of stunning, audiophile -quality speakers for modern home cinema, hi -fi and custom installation applications. KEF products which are distributed around the globe, have won awards from both sides of the Atlantic, as KEF is a brand name long associated with style, quality and technical innovation.
Founded in 1961 by a British electrical engineer named Raymond Cooke on the banks of the River Medway, KEF is driven by a passionate belief in the power of new materials, new technologies and design ingenuity. Still occupying the same riverbank site, KEF passionately remains true to its patented, proven technologies such as Uni -Q® and ACE®. These characteristics, traditions and above all sound quality, secure KEF's world -class reputation.
About KEF, Inc.
KEF, a division of GP Acoustics, offers loyal North American audiophiles a stream of innovative speakers and components unmatched in the industry. Headquartered in Marlboro, New Jersey, KEF America shares the same guiding principles as its British counterpart: ground -breaking design, exceptional sound and an unshakeable commitment to excellence.
For additional information about KEF America and its award -winning products, please visit www.kef.com.
# # #
For high resolution digital images, please contact email@example.com.