Audio Design Associates HD Radio Module approved by iBiquity
For Immediate Release
Audio Design Associates Launches HD Radio Module for Line of High -End Home Tuner Products
White Plains, NY - March 14, 2006 - Audio Design Associates (ADA), a leader in custom -installed, multi -room systems and advanced home theater components, announced today that the company's first HD Radio™ tuner module (HDM -1) will be available in April 2006. The module is compatible with both new and existing ADA products including: TSS -1 single tuner, Duo Tuner, Tune Suite Quadritune, Suite 8100 multi -room receiver (due out in May 2006), and the HD PRO tuner (due out in May 2006).
"One of the ways that ADA differentiates itself from the competition is through our revolutionary system architecture. Much like the modular design found inside the PC, ADA's simple 'building block' approach makes it possible to quickly incorporate new technologies such as HD Radio as they become available," said Philip Nubile, Engineer, Audio Design Associates. "Our customers demand great audio fidelity across a variety of musical styles, and we feel the ability of HD Radio technology to improve the sound quality and content offerings of AM and FM radio will generate strong interest from current and future owners of ADA products."
There are nearly 750 AM and FM stations now broadcasting with digital HD Radio technology, with over 200 FM stations offering HD2 multicast channels. Additionally, there are 2,000 -plus stations in the process of converting to the HD Radio system. Developed and licensed by iBiquity Digital Corporation, HD Radio technology transmits digital audio and data alongside existing AM and FM analog signals, allowing listeners with HD Radio -compatible receivers to enjoy dramatically improved sound quality, while virtually eliminating the static and hiss often associated with analog radio. Beyond delivering superior sound, the technology provides a platform for advanced new services, including multicasting - a feature that enables FM stations to broadcast multiple streams of programming over a single frequency, independent of existing analog signals. Multicasting is quickly expanding the number and variety of program offerings available to radio listeners. HD Radio technology also allows for data services to be delivered directly to receivers, including scrolling text on the product displays (e.g., artist names & song titles, weather forecasts, school closings).
All ADA tuners are data controlled, and when enabled with the HD Radio module, capable of receiving multicast programming and displaying associated program information such as call letters, artist name and song title. Below is a breakdown of the ADA products compatible with the HD Radio tuner module:
- - TSS -1 single tuner - Single black box tuner. Its suggested price when loaded with one HD Radio Module is $999.
- - Duo Tuner - Features include: 1U rack mount chassis; two independently controlled modules; RCA audio output for each module; optical digital audio output for each module. Its suggested price when loaded with two HD Radio Modules is $2,199.
- - Tune Suite Quadritune - Features include: 2U rack mount chassis; up to four independently controlled modules; RCA audio output for each module; optical digital audio output for each module. Its suggested price when loaded with one HD Radio Module is $2,399.
- - Suite 8100 - Features include: 2U rack mount chassis; 8 x 8 multiroom receiver with one integrated tuner. Its suggested price when loaded with one HD Radio Module is $4,199.
- - HD PRO Tuner (for radio stations) - Features include: 2U rack mount chassis; 2 HD tuners; balanced analog outputs; balance digital audio outputs; optical digital audio outputs; RCA Audio outputs; built in front panel 15 watt headphone amplifier with A/B switch and volume control; dual Stereo 20 step VU meters; split mode capability for simultaneous analog/digital comparison. The suggested price of the HD PRO Tuner is still to be determined.
Additional HD Radio modules can be purchased separately for $599.
Images of ADA products are available at http://www.ada -usa.com/2003 -index -split.html by clicking on the individual unit.
About Audio Design Associates
Headquartered in White Plains, New York, ADA has been a leader in the fields of high -end home theater and multi -room technology since 1977. For more information, please visit: www.ada -usa.com.
Audio Design Associates
914 -946 -9595