New Version of OpenSMB Software Platform Delivers Manageable Security, Voice over IP, Routing and Office Server Modules, Enabling the Provisioning of Converged Data
San Jose, CA February 14, 2006 Jungo Ltd., a leading provider of residential, SOHO and SMB gateway software platforms, today announced the release of OpenSMB gateway software platform for the design of managed service gateways. The new solution is targeted at OEMs developing carrier grade multi service gateways delivering VoIP business telephone service, high -speed data networking, security and advanced applications from a hosted services provider. The new platform is already deployed by several tier one OEMS. The companies using this technology are Linksys, Siemens and others.
Jungo's OpenSMB industry -leading features, including Stateful QoS, VoIP and comprehensive security features, enable OEMs to design gateways with all of features and the performance required for converged SMB network devices. Jungo's software platform, APIs and professional services, enable OEMs to introduce such gateways to market within 2 to 4 months.
"Jungo's vision of the 'Connected Office' is that enterprise class Voice, Data Security, Wireless and Storage services should be accessible to small businesses as a managed service, provided by the operator, thereby saving the need for a dedicated IT staff." said Ofer Vilenski, Jungo's CEO. "We are pleased to see our OpenSMB software platform helping our customers to drive this market.'
Jungo's OpenSMB software platform for multi service business gateways is comprised of the software foundation for small business routers, and includes the applications for the provisioning and delivery of advanced IP based services such as hosted VoIP, Video Conferencing managed security as well as provide a framework for delivering new services such as NAS, Video Surveillance and UTM in the future. Delivering such services help OEMs offer their customers, the service providers and the Value Added Resellers (VARs) new revenue generating sources, increase Average Revenue per User (ARPU), create additional differentiation and significantly reduce customer churn.
Software Platform Technology Highlights
· End -to -end Stateful QoS solution, enabling the deployment of voice and high -speed data applications in the office. The Stateful QoS mechanism enables the delivery of such applications as VoIP telephony, IP telephony and video conferencing to office users over existing broadband infrastructure.
· Backhaul connectivity and load balancing through Multi WAN and failover capabilities to insure maximum productivity. Delivering such services help service providers generate new revenue sources, increase Average Revenue per User (ARPU), create additional differentiation and significantly reduce customer churn.
· Security features including integrated firewall and VPN technology that provides robust means of protecting business communications that take place over the Internet.
· Extensive management features to control management access and easily manage the small business network. Additional management features include Office Servers module with web server and file server implemented on the gateway, allowing small business to host all their required services while eliminating the need for numerous dedicated peripheral servers.
· Additional services such as file access control configuration, RAID and data backup/restore capabilities
About Jungo's OpenSMB
OpenSMB is a complete and integrated software platform for the creation of advanced SMB networking devices such as business FW/VPN routers, converged voice/data gateways, wireless APs and security appliances. OpenSMB includes the software technologies, development environment and tools, documentation, training, support and integration with leading reference boards required to bring quality SMB networking devices to market faster. OpenSMB's field proven and modular software architecture allows Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) to quickly bring to market a wide range of differentiated networking devices that adhere to the highest industry standards. To simplify development cycles and accelerate time -to -market, Jungo has joined leading silicon vendors including Conexant, Intel, Infineon, Broadcom and Texas Instruments, to provide pre -integrated software and hardware reference designs and development platforms.
Jungo Software Technologies is a leading provider of digital home and office networking software. Jungo offers integrated reference designs for home and SOHO gateways, storage devices, wireless and VoIP gateways enabling customers to simplify development cycles and provide the most innovative and cost effective home and office networking equipment. Founded in 1998 Jungo's offices include corporate offices in San Jose, California, sales and support offices in Taiwan, USA and UK and an R&D center in Israel. Jungo is listed in the Deloitte & Touch Fast 50 and has recently been nominated as one of the ten most promising Israeli Hi - Tech companies in 2005 -2006. Find out more at www.jungo.com.
Jungo Software Technologies