The C-6 Supports Six Independently Operated Zones, as Well as Five Audio/Video Source Components, in Addition to a Built-In AM/FM Tuner Module
ORLANDO, Fla., March 30, 2006 - Nexus Audio Systems (Barrie, Ont., Canada), a leader in audio/video distribution systems, announced that it will feature the award -winning C -6 Multi -Zone A/V Controller at the Electronic House Expo (EHX) Spring 2006, held from March 30 - April 1 at the Orange County Convention Center (Orlando, Fla.), booth #965. The C -6, which won a RESI Award for "Best A/V Controller/Receiver" during the 2005 CEDIA Show, supports six independently operated zones, as well as five audio/video source components, in addition to a built -in AM/FM tuner module.
"The greatest feature of the C -6 is its 'Phantom Control' technology," explained Victor Berry, founder and president of Nexus Audio Systems. "The C -6 requires no special control wiring by integrating easily onto the same four wires used to drive the speakers. This makes the C -6 the perfect choice for any installation. With new or existing construction, the C -6 provides the greatest flexibility, ease of operation and simplicity of installation of any multi -room product on the market today."
The C -6 system is expandable to 18 zones using the X -1 and X -2 Expansion Controllers. The K -8 and K -22 Keypads provide simple, intuitive control. Both models control Zone Power, Source Selection, Source Control, Volume, Treble and Bass. With an easy to read backlit LCD that also conveniently displays the tuner frequencies, there is never any question to the user of system status, the source selected, or volume. The K -22 provides the additional flexibility of direct tuning, disc and track selection. In Group Mode, the K -22 Keypad can scroll and display configurable zone names to aid in setting up groups for temporary 'Party Mode' configurations. Both Keypads feature an Infrared receiver that can be used with the R -1 Handheld Remote for additional flexibility and armchair control.
C -6 SYSTEM OVERVIEW
• Six (6) independent zones (up to 18 using the X -1 and X -2 Expansion Controllers)
• 40 watts per zone; 20W/channel (20Hz to 20 KHz) @ .1 percent THD all zones driven
• Five (5) A/V Source inputs
• Automatic power management of common source components
• Built in AM/FM Tuner (with 10 presets) in addition to the five (5) A/V inputs
• Audio and Video inputs for whole -house paging
• Doorbell or telephone mute function
• Custom zone and source naming
• Zone grouping and sharing
• High current toroidial power supply
• Infrared learning microprocessor with six 3.5mm output jacks
• 12VDC Trigger out @ 100mA
• "Phantom Control" over existing or newly installed four -conductor speaker wire
• RS -232 Serial Port
• Nexlink for future control capability
• Dimensions: 17"W x 3 7/8H" x 14"D (including feet and connections)
• 120 VAC 650 Watts
• Comprehensive 5 -Year Parts and Labor Warranty
"Engineered for the future, the C -6 includes a RS -232 serial port and Nexlink for future product control," added Berry. "This means that your system can easily integrate into other home automation systems. The Nexus C -6 allows for interconnection to a paging system and also provides a mute function that integrates with your doorbell or telephone system to ensure you will not miss that important call or visitor."
For more information on the Nexus C -6 Multi -Zone A/V Controller, please visit www.nexusaudiosystems.com or call toll free at 866 -303 -2629.
About Nexus Audio Systems
Founded in 2003 by industry veteran Victor Berry, Nexus Audio Systems represents the natural evolution of audio and video systems integration. Combining both home automation solutions with superb sound quality, while providing the best application of distributed entertainment solutions, Nexus Audio's products are distinguished in the marketplace not only by quality of engineering, excellent sound and flexibility of application, but for its exceptional performance and value. All of Nexus Audio products are proudly designed and manufactured in North America and are supported by a highly dedicated technical support team.
# # #