HAI Announces Upgraded Version of Web -Link II; Award -Winning Software to Access and Control Home Fun
Home Automation, Inc. (HAI), leading manufacturer of integrated security and home automation products since 1985, is now shipping an upgraded version of its award-winning Web-Link II software.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
HAI Director of Marketing
504 -599 -8614
HAI Announces Upgraded Version of Web -Link II; Award -Winning Software to Access and Control Home Functions Via the Internet
Home Automation, Inc. (HAI), leading manufacturer of integrated security and home automation products since 1985, is now shipping an upgraded version of its award -winning Web -Link II software.
Introduced in early 2000, HAI's original Web -Link was the first commercially available software to allow a homeowner to access and control lights, temperature and security functions over the Internet. The software also allows a homeowner to view and record video surveillance and receive emails based on programmed events. The just released Web -Link II Version 2.01.6025 adds the following new features:
• The Web -Link II Server now runs as a Windows Service. The service runs all of the time whenever the computer is turned on.
• Added a Control Panel applet to configure properties of the Web -Link Server.
• Support for running Web -Link II and HAI Home Control for Windows Media Center on the same computer.
• RSS (Real Simple Syndication) support on the Web -Link II Home Page. Easily add custom data to your Web -Link II Home Page such as weather forecasts, sports scores, news, personal blogs, and much more.
• New Web -Link II Touchscreen User Interface.
• New Skins to choose from to customize the look and feel of the web pages by applying different graphic and color schemes. You can have a different skin for each client computer or Windows account that is used to log into Web -link II.
• Improved support for sending and logging emails.
• Setup now addresses Windows Firewall, directory security, and SP2 security permissions issues.
• Support for HAI Omni IIe Controllers, latest lighting protocols (HLC, UPB, RadioRA, and CentraLite), Extended Range Temperature Sensors, Windows Media Player 10.
The new version of Web -Link II is a free upgrade for current registered users of the software. For more information, including technical specifications and how to purchase, please visit www.homeauto.com.
About HAI: HAI is a privately held manufacturer of integrated automation and security products for residential and commercial use based in New Orleans, LA. Incorporated in 1985, HAI has developed a full line of award -winning automation products, including automation controllers, communicating programmable thermostats, smart light switches, and software that allows access and control of an automation system over the Internet. All products are sold through HAI's worldwide network of Distribution Partners and installed by over 1000 trained dealers.