Industry Veterans Convene to Bring Audio Manufacturer to the Highest Level of Innovative Excellence
MIAMI, FLORIDA, DECEMBER 8, 2005 - Niles Audio Corporation took another giant stride as the foremost developer of high end audio electronics with the expansion of its engineering division. Under the direction of Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer Frank Sterns, this is the first of a series of steps designed to reinforce Niles' position as the world's foremost provider of reliable, application -specific products that delight its customers. The Niles engineer corps now boasts some of the consumer electronics industry's most gifted professionals.
The expansion began with the recent addition of Vice President Jeff Haagenstad as the engineering group's leader. Key additions include:
• Allen Claxton has been promoted to the dual role of Principal Design Engineer and Director of Loudspeaker Development. In his new role, Claxton will lead a team devoted to speaker development, as well as craft a design strategy for Niles' speaker product lines and their component parts. His overall focus will be on the development of Niles' next generation speakers.
• Alastair Roxburgh has been appointed to the role of Chief Architect for Niles systems. He will drive the technical architecture of the IntelliControl ICS whole -house audio distribution system, and all future systems designed on IntelliControl ICS architecture. In addition, Roxburgh will be responsible for the "Niles Technology Roadmap," a tool which will help the company to develop design strategies for future multizone audio innovations.
• The newest member of the Mechanical Engineering and Industrial Design group, Jeff Monaghan will serve at Niles as Mechanical Engineer with a primary focus on speakers. Prior to joining Niles, Mohaghan worked at Klipsch where he played a key role in their latest speaker design initiatives.
"Niles has always been at the forefront of sound design and our mission is built on providing purpose -built, application -specific lines that pleases everyone, especially the end -users," said Haagenstad. "With the addition of these amazingly talented people, we are poised to create a new future fueled by a continuous stream of innovative products."
For 27 years, the Niles Audio Corporation has prided itself on identifying trends that will have the greatest impact within the custom installation industry, as well as bringing together the finest talent to make it happen. Niles was recently acquired by Linear LLC, a Nortek company.
• Niles Audio Corporation has hired several key personnel for its engineering department
• The expansion is the first and most important step in the company's vision to continue Niles' tradition of introducing new technologies that buck industry trends
• Allen Claxton will serve in a dual capacity as Principal Design Engineer and Director of Loudspeaker Development.
• Alastair Roxburgh has been appointed to the role of Chief Architect for Niles systems.
• Jeff Monaghan will serve at Niles as a Mechanical Engineer with a primary focus on speakers.
Niles Audio Corporation, based in Miami, Florida, is a 27 -year -old company that is recognized as the first name in custom installation™. As a leading designer, manufacturer, and marketer of audio/video custom installation products, Niles Audio has ridden the wave of success on the strength of seven valuable principles including a commitment to a reliable, high -performance, application -specific, product design philosophy, a complete and up -to -date product assortment with just in time delivery, extensive training and technical support with exemplary customer service and strong dealer relationships. Niles is a model brand based on strength, reliability and outstanding performance with a wide range of award -winning, innovative products.
Additional information may be obtained by contacting Mike Detmer at Niles Audio Corporation, 12331 SW 130th Street, Miami, FL 33186 (Tel: 800 -BUY -HIFI ext 197) or by visiting: http://www.nilesaudio.com/
# # #
Niles, The First Name In Custom Installation, and Blending High Fidelity And Architecture are registered trademarks of Niles Audio Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.