Parks Associates to host workshop Portable Players, Bundled Services, & the Global Landscape at 2006
Parks Associates announced today it will host a half-day pre-show workshop, Portable Players, Bundled Services, & the Global Landscape, at the 2006 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) on Jan 4, 2006.
For Immediate Release
972 -490 -1113
Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Parks Associates to host workshop Portable Players, Bundled Services, & the Global Landscape at 2006 International CES
Dallas, TX December 1, 2005 - Parks Associates announced today it will host a half -day pre -show workshop, Portable Players, Bundled Services, & the Global Landscape, at the 2006 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) on Jan 4, 2006.
Portable Players, Bundled Services, & the Global Landscape will feature multiple analysts from Parks Associates, the leading market research firm studying digital living technologies and services. They will present on the worldwide potential for advanced technologies and services, as well as the impact of portability and Internet technologies on entertainment, video, and voice services, with in -depth analysis on current market demands, future growth opportunities, and market drivers and inhibitors.
Recent research from Parks Associates shows great increases in the near term for key advanced product and service categories:
• The number of broadband households with a residential gateway (RG) will reach 47 million by 2010, driven in large part by carrier needs to acquire and retain customers and build ARPU from new revenue -generating services.
• Television manufacturers will see a surge in cumulative HDTV sales over the next few years, which will boost the overall market value to $65 billion by 2009.
• The number of U.S. households with a networked storage device will grow to nearly 10 million by 2010.
• Cumulative shipments of portable multimedia players will top 13 million units by 2010.
• By the end of 2006, the worldwide digital music market (not counting mobile) will account for 4.5% of all music sales.
• Revenues from premium VOD downloads will total $530 million at year -end 2009.
• Among online populations in China and South Korea, more than 75% of consumers who plan to purchase an MP3 player in the next 12 months already own one.
• In France, 36% of all Internet households go to the cinema every month while just 21% rent movies.
"Understanding the intricacies of these markets, especially when it comes to matching strategy with success, can be overwhelming," said Tricia Parks, president of Parks Associates. "Our pre -show workshop is a perfect primer for CES attendees. It provides an intimate setting for executives and media to ask specific questions regarding the latest technologies for consumers. It also offers unique and comprehensive insights into the markets for the specific products they will see on the CES show floor."
Portable Players, Bundled Services, & the Global Landscape will take place 1:00 -4:00 p.m. on Jan. 4 in the South Hall at CES. The workshop agenda will feature the following sessions:
The Worldwide Landscape for Technology Products & Services, presented by John Barrett, Director, Research, Parks Associates
Entertainment: On the Go - Portable Media Players, presented by Harry Wang, Analyst, Parks Associates
Understanding the Future of IP Video, Voice, and Broadband, presented by Deepa Iyer, Analyst; John Barrett, Director, Research; & Yuanzhe (Michael) Cai, Director, Broadband & Gaming, Parks Associates
Parks Associates is also producing six interactive CONNECTIONS™ sessions during 2006 International CES, on January 5 & 6. Registration for the workshop as well as the CONNECTIONS™ sessions is available through the CES site http://www.cesweb.org. For questions on these or other Parks Associates events, please contact Jenny Barrett at email@example.com or call 972 -490 -1113.
About Parks Associates: Parks Associates is a market research and consulting firm focused on all product and service segments that are "digital" or provide connectivity within the home. The company's expertise includes home networks, digital entertainment, consumer electronics, broadband and Internet services, and home systems.
Founded in 1986, Parks Associates creates research capital for companies ranging from Fortune 500 to small start -ups through market reports, multiclient studies, consumer research, workshops, and custom -tailored client solutions. Parks Associates also hosts Fall Focus and co -hosts CONNECTIONS™ (in partnership with the Consumer Electronics Association) each year. http://www.parksassociates.com