New Version of DivX Video Technology Offers Improved Video Experience for Consumers
DivX, Inc. the company that created the revolutionary, patent -pending DivX video compression technology, today announced that a wide range of partners from the software and consumer electronics industries will support DivX 6 multimedia technology in their product offerings. DivX 6 is designed to fundamentally improve the digital video experience by enabling consumers to easily create and enjoy high -quality, interactive video files that can be played back on a wide range of devices, including DVD players, portable media players and more.
DivX technology is among the most popular and widely used video technologies on the market, with over 200 million global downloads and over 20 million DivX Certified consumer electronics devices shipped. In addition to offering significant improvements in compression, speed and visual quality, DivX 6 introduces the new DivX Media Format, which enables users to create and enjoy a complete home entertainment experience with advanced, interactive features such as video menus, chapter points, multiple subtitles and alternate audio tracks.
A number of partners from across the digital media industry are working with DivXNetworks to create products that support DivX 6 technology, including:
· CyberLink: Multimedia software company will integrate support for DivX 6 into their popular line of multimedia software applications.
· ESS Technologies: Supplier of audio, video, and digital imaging semiconductor solutions for the consumer markets will support DivX 6 in DivX Certified integrated circuit solutions for a variety of devices.
· InterVideo: Provider of DVD software will support DivX 6 in their product line.
· LSI Logic: A leader in innovative media processing technologies for the Digital Home to build DivX 6 support into IC products for both encoding and playback for DVD recorders and other consumer electronics.
· Mediatek: A leader in the optical storage and digital consumer IC industry will add support for DivX 6 to line of DivX Certified chipset solutions.
· Philips Semiconductor Division: Supplier of Nexperia media processors for connected consumer applications, to add support for DivX 6 to its software portfolio
· Pinnacle Systems: Provider of digital video broadcast and production solutions will build support for DivX 6 into multimedia software products.
· Sonic Solutions: The leading supplier of CD and DVD creation software will add DivX 6 support to a number of their Sonic and Roxio -branded multimedia software products.
· Sunplus: Provider of IC design and IC solutions for consumer electronics products to support DivX 6 technology in DivX Certified product line.
· V One Multimedia: Provider of easy -to -use digital video editing and TV Recording solutions to support DivX 6 technology in its product line.
· Zoran: Provider of digital solutions for applications in the digital entertainment and digital imaging markets to support DivX 6 in DivX certified products.
"We are extremely gratified to see such early, widespread support for DivX 6 from a variety of companies across the technology industry," said DivX, Inc's CEO and co -founder, Jordan Greenhall. "We are focused on working with our partners to create an easy -to -use and compelling video experience for consumers by helping to bring to market a complete ecosystem of products that lets anyone create and enjoy high -quality, interactive video files on any device or platform."
About DivX, Inc.
DivX, Inc. is a consumer -focused video technology company positioned at the center of multimedia convergence. The company's core offering is DivX video technology, among the world's most popular video compression technologies with over 200 million users worldwide. The patented DivX video technology offers DVD -quality at 10 times greater compression than MPEG -2 files, enabling full length films to easily fit on a CD or be delivered over broadband connections. DivX video technology powers a range of applications that span the convergence value chain, from a secure IP -based video -on -demand solution to next -generation consumer electronics products and video software applications. DivX, Inc. is headquartered in San Diego, California.