Intermatic Inc., the leading producer of home security and home control products, recently unveiled its new line of HomeSettings products made with Zensys' Z-Wave technology.
Spring Grove, IL - (April 15, 2005) - Are you in the market to buy home control gadgets but afraid they are too expensive and too difficult to install? Now Bill Gates isn't the only one having fun. Intermatic Inc., the leading producer of home security and home control products, recently unveiled its new line of HomeSettings products made with Zensys' Z -Wave technology.
The "smart home" - discussed for years by technology advocates - is on the verge of becoming a common reality among average households, and Intermatic is one of the first companies to create a reliable home control system with a reasonable price point, effectiveness and ease -of -use that will drive use among even decidedly "non -techie" households. Best of all, the Intermatic HomeSettings system requires no wiring.
"You can control lights and appliances from one location," says Art Noparstak a home protection and controls expert with Intermatic Inc. and a board member of the non -profit Burglary Prevention Council (www.BurglaryPreventionCouncil.org). "HomeSettings not only enhances security and saves money, but offers very real and tangible lifestyle benefits for consumers. Within five years, home automation technology will be a staple in American households."
Home Controls Offer Full -Home Coverage
If you`re a typical consumer, what exactly does "full home coverage" mean? The term really means being able to enhance your lifestyle at home by automating lights and appliances using a remote control. Ask yourself about these scenarios:
· Would you like to turn lights on and off in your home? Better still, how about programming your system to have the lights go on when the sun goes down?
· Instead of setting a loud, buzzing alarm to wake you up in the morning, would a warm bedroom light that switches on at the right time be more peaceful as you begin your day? That same light can stay off on weekends when you like to sleep in.
· Enjoy sitting on your patio or deck? How would you like your outside lights to come up gradually as the sun sets for the day? Just when the evening seems perfect, your hot tub, pond and fountain also run on an assigned schedule.
· Remember when you arrived at your vacation or business trip destination and suddenly realized that you neglected to ask a friend or neighbor to make the house look occupied? In the near future, you can program your lights to go on from the road.
· When you want that special mood in the room, wouldn't it be nice when you sit down to relax and watch a movie on the big screen that you can easily dim your lights?
· Who likes a bowl of cereal in the middle of the night? Have the lights go on before you enter the room by a touch of a button? It's a great way to avoid stubbing a toe.
"The possibilities for home controls are endless and as technology advances, the options and flexibility for these type of controls will grow," says Noparstak. "But today a consumer can go into their local home center and with a budget of less than $100 begin to outfit their home with a home control system. One of the many benefits of the Intermatic HomeSettings system is that it allows you to begin with a few items and gradually expand over time."
Uses of Intermatic Home Control Products
Following is a review of the components within the Intermatic HomeSettings home controls system. All products come with an override button and a 5 -year warranty. Each device is a repeater (if a signal cannot be received by a module then it will bounce off of another module until the signal is received).
· Plug -In Appliance Module (Model HA02) - Features include a heavy -duty 3 prong plug and receptacle for use with common household appliances and compact fluorescent bulbs as well as LED feedback. For indoor use only.
· Plug -In Lamp Module (Model HA03) - To easily control incandescent lamps. Offers on/off/dim/bright features and LED feedback. The 3 -way option allows consumers to control lights from multiple locations. For indoor use only.
· Outdoor Lamp Module (Model HA04) - The weather resistant module is ideal for landscape and holiday lighting. Features a 6 inch cord and LED feedback. For indoor and outdoor use.
· Outdoor Screw -In Lamp Receptacle (Model HA05) - Features LED feedback and controls lamps up to 150 watts. For indoor and outdoor use.
· In -Wall Dimmer/Switch (Model HA06) - Offers on/off/dim/bright features and LED feedback. The 3 -way option allows users to control lights from multiple locations. Perfect for single -pole installations and no neutral feed is required. Uses decora faceplate. For indoor mounting only.
· Master Remote Controller (HA07) - Features 12 channels for control of individual devices or groups of devices, "All on` feature to quickly turn on all lights controlled with dimming modules. Controls up to 192 devices in and around the home. Offers 28 timed events, 8 dimming levels and a large LED display to show all functions. The product also includes a low battery indicator, memory backup, and a variety of timing functions, including a built -in Astro clock, allowing lights to go on at sunset and off at sunrise, never having to reset the timer. The Master Remote Control can be duplicated and controls HomeSettings and Z -Wave enabled products. The attractive design can be set on a table top or mounted on a wall.
· Handy Remote Controller (HA09) - Offers 6 channels for control of individual devices or groups of devices. Controls up to 96 devices in and around the home. Features 8 dimming levels. The Handy Remote Control can be duplicated
All Intermatic HomeSettings products come with a step -by -step, easy -to -follow guide. With the broad selection of home control products offered by Intermatic HomeSettings you can control just about anything you wish in your home.
Intermatic has integrated Z -Wave technology into their home control products. Z -Wave technology is a low -cost, two -way communications technology that enables consumers to monitor and manage different systems around their home. Each product is embedded with a powerful chip that allows signals to bounce from one control to another in order to provide the most efficient working path. Zensys, the inventors of Z -Wave technology, is a provider of wireless networking technology for control and status reading applications. Intermatic HomeSettings products are compatible with all other products using Z -Wave technology.
For More Information
To enhance its effort in making homes safer, Intermatic continues to work with the Burglary Prevention Council (BPC) on educating consumers about safeguarding their homes against intruders. Consumers are encouraged to request the "Safe and Secure" booklet by sending a self -addressed, stamped envelope plus $1 for postage and handling to Vanessa Severance, Intermatic Inc., Intermatic Plaza, Spring Grove, Ill. 60681. Topics include evaluating your home's current safety measures, assessing your home's entry points, evaluating your neighborhood, understanding what attracts and discourages burglars, and implementing a cost -effective security program in your home.
About Intermatic Inc.
Intermatic is the leading producer of home security and home control products such as electric timers and wireless security alarms. Intermatic HomeSettings products are available at most hardware stores and home centers.
Intermatic also manufactures a new line of insect control products called the Mosquito FreedomÔ line of Mosquito Inhibitors as well as Malibu® Low Voltage and Solar outdoor lighting, industrial and residential surge protectors, timers, and photo control products. For additional information on the full range of Intermatic products, contact: Intermatic, Intermatic Plaza, Spring Grove, Ill., 60081 -9698.
# # #
Editors Note: To request product samples, color photos, high -resolution images or pictures on CD, please contact Lauren Russ at 773/545 -7380.